Jason Blake Just Doesn’t Get It

So he didn’t think Paul Maurice gave him a fair shake. What does he do, het gets benched. First time in 9 years he sits. One would think he would be smart enough to know how to handle it…:

“”I don’t know if it was effective,” he said of the Boston benching. “I guess it wakes a person up, though.”

Are you an idiot Blake. Your coach, 2nd in 2 years, just benched you, then he puts you back and you make a moronic comment like that. Here is a word of wisdom, “No comment.” Why he would say something that could potentially piss Wilson off is nothing short of amazing.

“”I wasn’t one bit mad at him,” claims Blake, for whom life has been anything but peachy since arriving in town as a touted free agent, fresh off a 40-goal season on the Island.”I was mad at myself because I’m the type of guy who wants to play every shift, every critical situation.”

Ummm, you should be mad at yourself. The same way you should be embarrassed every time you get your paycheck.

“What Jason’s got to do is go hard to the front of the net, use his speed outside and take the puck to the net. When he plays on the perimeter, he’s not very effective.”

In other words, don’t float! Amazing that the guy still talks glowingly of playing with Yashin. He had lots of success playing with Yashin. Perhaps he should pack his bags and go join him in the KHL.

Chuck Diesel
Chuck Diesel
October 30, 2008 1:12 am

Eyebeleaf you need to change your name to Beleaf because you clearly have no eyes.

Jason Blake is the current posterboy for the Leafs unshakeable tradition to pick up guys coming off a career year and have them stink for us.

Think Bradley, Brian.

Jason Blake is as about as useful as Benoit Hogue was in getting us to the playoffs.

I don’t care if you have cancer. Retire. This isn’t make a wish foundation. You can call me harsh but lots of people battle adversity, and to do so they step back and then re-enter the fold. Not hurtbag for 2 seasons shooting pucks into goalies chests.

HP
HP
October 27, 2008 11:59 pm

eyebleaf: if you really think Blake’s performance is acceptable then you really have no clue.

eyebleaf
October 28, 2008 2:39 am

HP: When you’re in the NHL scoring “gimme assists,” talk to me then.

eyebleaf
October 27, 2008 12:55 am

and I meant 10 POUNDS not points, my apologies.

HP
HP
October 27, 2008 10:22 am

Most of those 52 pts were due to “gimme” assists when Sundin made great plays to score or create goals.

Blakes sucks donkey turds and yes he should be embarassed to collect his grotesgue salary.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
October 27, 2008 10:28 am

Right on HP. Sorry, can’t play the cancer card eye. Blake wouldn’t hear any of it last year, refused to use it as an excuse. Instead he blamed the coaching staff. He is another JFJ disaster, here’s hoping he is off to the KHL with his buddy Yashin

eyebleaf
October 27, 2008 12:10 pm

52 points is not an embarrassment. It’s what guys who make $4 million do in this league. And it’s a bloody joke to hear you guys say his assists are “gimmies” and not the same as any other assist. What a joke.

eyebleaf
October 27, 2008 12:55 am

52 points last year. After losing more than 10 points at the start of training camp dealing with a CANCER diagnosis.

Yeah, the shooting percentage sucks. If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a God damn million times.

But, seriously, give me a break: “The same way you should be embarrassed every time you get your paycheck.” Did you actually write that? Yikes.