Question of the day

Is it time to blow up the Toronto Raptors? I am not suggesting it it, but you have to wonder how much worse it is going to get? The heat is going to be much hotter for Bryan Colangelo this winter…

woodpeck
December 10, 2008 7:40 am

yes! trade BOSH! he’s not Bryan’s guy anyway. get some good parts back and then give the starting minutes to Bargnani and Graham! really, what have we SERIOUSLY got to lose? this season is quickly going down the toilet. fffffllllluuuuuussssssssssssshhhhhhhh

eyebleaf
December 10, 2008 11:30 am

Woodpeck, trade Bosh? Seriously?

It’s not time to blow up the Raptors. They’ve had the toughest schedule of any NBA team in the first quarter of the season. It’s time to do something, but it’s not time to blow this team up.

woodpeck
December 11, 2008 2:33 am

we keep hearing that rebounding is a problem for the raptors. who’s supposed to be the rebounder? bosh IMHO. i can’t recall exactly how many years this has been an issue for the Raps (i’m losing count here) but if we can get a good return on Bosh, why not trade him? like i said he’s not Byran’s man so trading him is not like he’d be admitting a mistake (ahem, Bargnani over Brandon Roy) . some of the best deals are the ones that are not made but there comes a time to pull the trigger and surely there will be a desperate championship team down the stretch that will be willing to give us top returns on Bosh. an offer you can’t refuse to give us the team we need moving fwd has got to be out there. CB4 is great and i enjoy his play but there comes a time to make a change to benefit the team. if it takes bosh to do it, then i’m all 4 it.

Tex
December 10, 2008 4:27 pm

I’m with eyebleaf.

Feel free to blow up everything around Bosh – but he has got to stay. Arguably the best player the franchise has ever had… and still improving.

I legitimately believe he likes TO and that its not a foregone conclusion that he’ll leave in 2010 – but then I guess we’ve been made to believe that by certain other stars in the past.

The Meatriarchy
December 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Funny you should post this. I was just wondering the same thing.

The honeymoon is definitely over for Colangelo. His next moves will be scrutinized very carefully.
FWIW I think he should have fired Sam Mitchell immediately.

Eggbert
Eggbert
December 12, 2008 3:34 am

You’re not far off the mark TSM.
The Raptors aint been the same since Garbs went down,he was a dirt bag kinda like Oak,but without the shtick.I think they should seperate JO from Bosh,they may not admit it,but they niether are used to sharing.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
December 11, 2008 10:41 am
Reply to  Karina

I am not a basketball guy, I am the first to admit it. So take this for what it is worth. In my humble and uneducated opinion the Raptors have never properly replaced Charles Oakley. You can have all the talent in the world, but unless you have that one nasty guy it won’t matter too much. Go ahead take me to town…