Kudos To Jason Blake

I have been as a big an anti-Jason Blake fan as anyone out there (unless has jasonblakesucks.com and I don’t know it). In any event, Since his latest benching, he has certainly bought in to whatever Ron Wilson is selling. Call it either smartening up or realizing the only way he gets out of this hockey hell that he feels he is in is to perform, Blake’s play has been much better of late.

I didn’t see it live but enough people called and emailed me telling me I had to post his shootout goal tonight so without further ado…Jason Blake…

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IAYselwj0]

Eggbert
Eggbert
December 17, 2008 6:47 pm

sheesh,I remember not so long ago stating Burke may able to trade Blake,and being told I was daft 😉

LT
LT
December 17, 2008 5:56 pm

I was at the game and like many others have noticed a vast improvement in his play – What I noticed most seeing the game live was his commitment to backchecking and helping out deep in our zone when needed…What a difference…something has clicked…Perhaps he’s realized that if he wants to maintain a big boys salary and have a chance to play elsewhere, he better start producing like a $4M player to be tradeable.

Nealio
Nealio
December 17, 2008 9:54 am

I just hope Blake keeps producing and performing at this current level so that his value goes up and then maybe, just maybe, this guy becomes a tradeable asset.

Crazier things have happened…

Oh, and how ’bout Jeremy Williams. I really hope this kid gets a chance to stick around, and your right TSM, does it hurt Wilson to give props to other players that don’t have the last name ‘Schenn’.

Mark
December 17, 2008 12:31 am

Thanks for posting that beaut!

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
December 17, 2008 12:36 am
Reply to  Nealio

Glad you enjoyed!

Eggbert
Eggbert
December 17, 2008 1:41 am

Now that we’ve got our money’s worth,it won’t hurt paying him off at the end of the season 😉