Raptors Fans Speak Up

Raptors GM & President Bryan Colangelo will be on the Fan at 3:40. Hopefully they take calls. Time to call the man out on the mat to take some lumps ???

MarkOLM™
January 5, 2009 4:20 pm

I’ll be listening … and perhaps calling if they do take some calls.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 5, 2009 4:25 pm
Reply to  Back in Black

I can’t believe the free ride he has been given. I hope he get a little dirty. Don’t get me wrong I like the guy but…..wow has he had it easy

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 5, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up.The Raptors were supposed to be my attention diversion while the Leafs rebuilt this year,we all know how that scenario has played out.I watched Mike James family on Supernanny the other day,it’s on utube.

MarkOLM™
January 5, 2009 4:44 pm

He has had it easy, but he hasn’t really made too many major mistakes a la Babcock. I think there’s a lot of respect for the guy. Then again I think your perspective on that depends on what side of the Bargnani #1 pick debate you fall on.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 5, 2009 4:47 pm
Reply to  LT67

So far a puff interview….

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 5, 2009 4:49 pm

He has it easy because people in this town, especially the media don’t know any better. They have been told he is a god, and who are they to question that. Not one member of the media knows enough to question him. I am guilty as charged, I am not a basketball guy so I don’t know much either. I know when a team is playing as badly as they have there are usually a lot of questions, here there is nothing but silence….

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 5, 2009 4:55 pm

Don’t expect Jack Armstrong to call him out,and McLean doesn’t have a clue in regards to the sport.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 5, 2009 5:00 pm
Reply to  Nealio

it was a puff interview to say the least.

MarkOLM™
January 5, 2009 5:05 pm

Wow … what a lame interview. I was holding my phone ready to call in.

Other than Feschuk @ The Star, you may have a point. Doug Smith, who I read often for my local Raps fix, is usually very docile and is hardly critical of the team. Sometimes reading his blog, I wonder if he actually works for the team.

However, as I’ve been scanning the blogosphere of late (thinking of starting my own Raptors blog), I’ve noticed a lot of criticism that’s lacking in the media. I think the fans are more than aware of some of his missteps, but at the same time, we’re talking about Torontonians who are some of the most critical fans in N. America.

Personally, I think he’s done a good job thus far. Expecting much more from a team that is still very young is a little much. My only beefs are the trades for Jermaine O’Neal, and the poor drafting strategy over the past few years.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 5, 2009 5:10 pm
Reply to  Nealio

over-rated

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 5, 2009 5:15 pm

Most of the media who reports on the Raptors is either on their payroll,or dependent on the team for a job.I sometimes think they feel the team is too fragile in the market to withstand real scrutiny.