Watters vs. Kypreos – MUST SEE TV

[brightcove vid=6859144001&exp3=2281222001&surl=http://c.brightcove.com/services&pubid=1704050871&w=486&h=412]

This is the best ever!

The Meatriarchy
January 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Couple of things:

1. Kypreos has gotten much better than when he first started out a few years ago. He actually makes good points at times. Case in point: Hartsburg IS a Junior A coach. The sens should have hired Ron Wilson.

2. Bill needs to stop with the WWE act. There is only one Don Cherry and he aint him. BTW any one but me think that Watters might be suffering from Parkinsons” just the way he tends to hold a pen sometimes to cover a tremor (I had a close family member w Parkinsons and I recognize that trait)

3 As good as this one was last year’s blow up was even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKcDw_3icM

TW
TW
January 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I had to laugh out loud. I thought Watters was going to jump across the table. I agree Hartsberg has bad body language but what do you do when players tune you out after the first month and a half of the season? Kypreos – A junior A player – classic.

lordosis
lordosis
January 12, 2009 8:17 pm

I hate them both, but Watters does make a good point about the number of coaches that have failed to win in Ottawa in the last year +. Three coaches (including Murray himself) points towards the players. My guess is they need to do some a Leafesque blowup job to change the atmosphere of that dressing room.

MarkOLM™
January 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Wow, that was an all out yelling match! Love it! Thanks for messaging me to let me know!

Hartsburg was great for the juniors, but he’s no NHL coach if you ask me.

mike
mike
January 12, 2009 7:43 pm

i never liked Kypreos as an on-air talent but he seems to have carved out a nice niche for himself. someone with some skills needs to edit in some smoke coming out of his ears during the latter portion of that segment.

someone needs to pull Watters aside and tell him how ridiculous he looks. The fake tan, the fake hair, the suit that is 2 sizes too small … he looks like a walrus up there.

Adam Bullied
January 12, 2009 11:25 pm

Mike – “he looks like a walrus up there.”

ROFLMFAO

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 12, 2009 11:32 pm

Mike is in the running for quote of the day (tomorrow) of course….

logan
logan
January 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Just like the Metriarchy said.. Kypreos has gotten way better than when he first started. He was absolutely awful at the beginning but now he actually sais stuff with purpose and meaning.

I think that Watters looks like an absolute joke up there.. he has this high and mighty attitude that I just can’t stand. He thinks he’s somebody and he is absolutely not. His opinions aren’t worth shit and definitely needs some hair plugs.

Stephen
Stephen
January 13, 2009 12:26 pm

I like Watters….except when he gets obnoxious like that. Kypreos I also like, but the Fox news approach to Sports is never a good thing.

I thought Kyper started it by making his point a little obnoxiously and Watters rose to the bait, unfortuantley.

Bill can be gracious but at times he doesnt work and play well with others.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Sorry to those south of the border who can’t tune in….waiting on a solution…

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Watters has always struck me as the prototypical corporate weasel.The winks,the sarcasm,the ass kissing,the inuendo.I enjoy his stuff every once in awhile,but I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.