Sundin Facing The Heat

Fans After Sundin
Fans After Sundin

Well, they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, or in this case a pro-rated 8 million. It says here that me thinks expectations on the big sweede may be a tad bit un-realistic. Other’s who have held out for half the season have said it takes about 5 weeks to get back in the swing of things. I think Canuck fan should get him some slack.

CP, meanwhile is a man about town. He took this gem from tonight’s game:

Live from the ACC
Live from the ACC
Eggbert
Eggbert
January 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Poor Mats,if he allowed himself to be traded I would have wanted him back this year as a mentor

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Could you imagine the nuttiness if he got dealt? $5 to the first canuck reporter to ask him if he will waive his NTC 🙂

MarkOLMâ„¢
January 14, 2009 12:12 am

Isn’t that first picture from his first game, when the Canucks played in Edmonton? I think the general perception is that he he did go for the money (as you predicted TSM).

From what I’ve been reading here in Vancouver however, the money isn’t the only focal point, as some are citing the ability to stay in Canada, the possibility that he’s the missing piece of the puzzle, and the opportunity to play alongside some of his Swedish teammates.

For me, the pro-rated 10m and the opportunity to live in Vancouver are enough … winning is overrated, lol.

Stephen
Stephen
January 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Love the signs!

I like Mats, but for the boneheaded statements he made at the end of last year he deserves the slap in the face.

For his sake and Vancouvers he had better prove his worth in the playoffs, regular season wont matter. I am sure he will be in good shape by then, the question is will wellwood?

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Wouldn’t it be delightful if the Nuk’s tanked,gave up on the playoffs,and Sundin AGREED to be traded? lol

I wonder how many Leafs fans heads would explode

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 14, 2009 11:47 pm
Reply to  Juicy

Won’t happen. What would be quite funny is if the Nucks either fail to make the playoffs or get tossed in the first round.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 14, 2009 11:51 pm

They claimed Wellwood on Waivers Stephen. Mats is earning BIG bucks. He better perform like a big Buck