Toronto Sports Radio Tonight~ updated

on 640:

Burke at 540…

Dreger 610

Kelly Hrudey 630

Bart Andrus 640

On 590

at 5:05: The New Head Coach Of The Toronto Argos, Bart Andrus, IN STUDIO!
Bob McCown, Jim Kelley, Michael Grange & Jeff Blair around the table

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 16, 2009 10:53 pm
Reply to  Wendel

Like I said before, one problem is there just isn’t a whole lot to talk about 24/7

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Prime Time is just a big shmooze,always has been,McCown is sports radio’s answer to Imus,sunglasses and all,he borrowed his shtick

mike
mike
January 16, 2009 8:42 pm

i only listen to PTS on podcast nowadays. the insiderish roundtables where they make lame jokes about each other and basically talk about themselves are eminently forgettable. also, anything with Kelley is an instant FFWD as well.

McCown is still the best source for investigative journalism about sports in toronto. It’s just that there’s a whole lot of self-aggrandising and unnecessarily contrarian crap in between.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 16, 2009 10:53 pm

When he is ON there is no one better then McCown….

January 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Let’s see…………….Watters & Brady just had their weekly chat about the Toronto Rock……………I wonder if the reason why they do that has anything to do with the fact that Watters is a co-owner of the Rock?……………….meanwhile McCown once again uses his show to talk about the Argos, this time delaying the weekly roundtable so that he can interview the new head coach……………..I wonder if the reason why he does that has anything to do with the fact that McCown is buddy-buddy with the Argos owners?

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 16, 2009 6:20 pm
Reply to  Mike S

Both are brutal Mike. I have to admit I don’t have either on right now. The last couple of nights were pretty bad….

January 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I can give you even more examples………………Kirke is the agent that negotiated McCown’s huge contract with FAN 590 a couple of years ago………….and then he shows up frequently as a roundtable guest………….can you say conflict of interest?………………meanwhile the Argos were covered heavily on Watters’ show during the season last summer, the same summer in which Watters’ son was president of the Argos…………..can you say conflict of interest?…………..now that his son is gone from the Argos I’m sure the coverage of that team will decrease on his show next summer.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 16, 2009 6:37 pm
Reply to  Mike S

Both stations are full of these “conflicts”, you are 100% right. I think that happens everywhere though don’t you? I will say this though, from what others are telling me, WattersnBrady talked rock for about 5 minutes, whereas Bart was on the fan for over 30 minutes. How does the argo’s coach get 30 minutes on January 16th? Word also is out that 640 passed on having Bart in studio whereas Mccown gladly accepted. Go Figure…. You can help with the weekly ratings Mike ! 🙂

Eggbert
Eggbert
January 17, 2009 1:54 am

Don’t get me wrong,I enjoy McCown,(shmooze aside)but he is basically Imus doing sports

julian
julian
January 17, 2009 4:43 am

Investigative journalism…sometimes.

But being wrong about Jim Balsillie buying Nashville, Mats Sundin playing for the Rangers, and suggesting last week the Coyotes won’t last the season and there will be a dispersal draft..

Credibility hits galore and it couldn’t come at a better time for Watters & Brady. They’re not always the better show, no show can be. But have they really swung and whiffed on any big story — being wrong about it, I mean.

Helps to have Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie compared to the FAN’s Nick Kypreos and Glenn Healy. I mean, who are you going to trust to have the story right??

Also pretty clear McCown doesn’t care to actually watch the games like he may have used to. It’s fun having two shows now in the afternoon — I wish that was the case in the morning.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 17, 2009 11:15 am
Reply to  Eggbert

I wish we had 1 sports show in the morning! I agree, variety is the spice of life, or at least the lunch hour and drive home….Lately I have been looking at the websites at night and picking and choosing