Is Cliff Fletcher The Next Maple Leaf To Go?

Damien was on the Fan this am (sorry the audio isn’t up on their site), you may be able to hear a clip on an update. He was saying that the Cliff appearances seem to be on the rise lately. You have seen him quoted, his face on TV etc more in the last couple of weeks then in the past then over the last couple of months since Burke took over. Damien said that Burke wouldn’t let this (Fletcher’s presence in the media) continue, he actually guaranteed it. The implied story is that this is Burke’s team and Burke won’t allow Cliff to be the face of it. This should be interesting to watch simply because Cliff’s coziness is allegedly what lead to his departure from Tampa Bay. Of course we have to be mindful of Damien’s anti Cliff bias which has been most apparent lately.

Stay tuned…

lt67
lt67
January 19, 2009 12:29 pm

1. Only a true insdier will know what’s going on between these two guys
2. Answer relates to my comment on Coates post – who does what? Is there a role for Cliff to play?

Regardless, Cliff will move on gracefully – I’m sure both Burke and Fletcher will make sure of it (whenever that may be).

BTW, regarding your reference to Tampa…TBay’s ownership and rookie GM could have used a guy like Cliff….What a disaster.

The Meatriarchy
January 20, 2009 7:50 am

Cliff will be allowed to serve out his contract which is over at the end of this season.

Also gone: Goalie coach Cory Hirsch
Marlies Coach Craig Hartsburg

lt67
lt67
January 20, 2009 9:09 am

Hey The Meatriarchy….Cory Hirsch is gone or will be gone in your opinion? Also, Craig Hartsburg is teh Sens coach….Greg Gilbert is the Marlies coach….LT

The Meatriarchy
January 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Hee hee I always get Hartsburg and Gilburt mixed up for some reason. I think is is the whole Greg/Craig thing. Plus they both have the same expression all the time. Like a dog that has been hit on the head – but not a particularly birght dog so it isn’t sure if it should be angry or sleepy.

And to clarify I think Hirsch will be gone. Along with Gilbert

And Hartsburg will be gone from the Sens as well. But that won’t be Burkie’s call.

The Meatriarchy
January 20, 2009 12:54 pm

And by Gilburt I mean Gilbert. Wow, I need coffee.

torontosportsmedia
torontosportsmedia
January 20, 2009 2:02 pm
Reply to  LT67

it’s Lose not Loose!!! How many times do I have to tell you???

The Meatriarchy