Do The Sedin Twins Excite You? Milbury vs. Strachan!

Al Strachan goes to school
Al Strachan goes to school

Consider the sources (Al Strchan & Hanky) but there are rumblings that Brian Burke will be making a play for the Sedin Twins this summer. Am I the only guy who isn’t the least bit interested in seeing this happen?

I don’t know why, but I suspect it will cost a bundle to get these guys and they will be 29 when next season starts, maybe i am crazy, but I am not excited by this at all.

If you want to watch something funny, check out the Hotstove (man do i feel badly for Pierre Lebrun for sitting with Strachan and Milbury) the argument between Milbury and Strachan is pretty funny. The point of contention here is that Strachan says that the Canucks attempts to sign the Sedins isn’t going well…Milbury asks why they are having these discussions now when they are trying to make the playoffs and Strachan suggests that the Sedin boys have families to take care of.. Milbury’s response is hillarious..

You can watch the hotstove here

lt67
lt67
February 8, 2009 4:42 pm

I hate watching Milbury and Strachan…but, Strachan is way worse…HNIC needs to vote him off the Island. As for the Sedins…they would be nice to have but will be too expensive.

Eggbert
Eggbert
February 8, 2009 4:49 pm

I’ve never felt totally comfortable with two adult brothers who insist on dressing alike.

Eggbert
Eggbert
February 8, 2009 5:06 pm

It would be a soap opera

Nealio
Nealio
February 8, 2009 7:46 pm

So they’ll be 29 next seasone eh?

How bout a 5yr deal at 5.5 per with maybe some bonus clauses for making playoffs etc? Would they go that low do you think to stay together and play for Burke again?

Not dying to have them, but if we can get them without giving up anything and sign them to a similar contract mentioned above I wouldn’t be upset. I mean as much as we need to get young these guys aren’t over the hill and put up good points so would add some much needed skill up front.

I say Burke should at least test the waters, again pending they aren’t asking for too much (which odds have it they would be…).

Eggbert
Eggbert
February 8, 2009 10:58 pm

I don’t see the move being anywhere near the Burke blueprint for this team,at least not at this stage.

Jimi
Jimi
February 10, 2009 11:00 am

I just have to say that, although Milbury puts some people off, it is an offense to hockey that Al Strachan hasn’t had his mouth duct-taped shut. This arrogant snivelling little turd is the most annoying hockey know-it-all and Mike, keep the faith man, you deserve an award for tolerating that guy. Everyone I know hates Strachan.