Toth & Hogan Are Toast

We mock that which we don’t understand. Like or loathe modern technology, despite what my father-inlaw thinks, the internet is not a fad. For Mike Toth and Mike Hogan the world is passing you by.

Based on the ratings, no one listens, so maybe it doesn’t matter, but Nelson, if you want to know why the ratings suck, listen to today’s show and you will have the answer. Who could possibly be listening to the radio between 9-12? You have bums like me who are still in the morning commute because I had to drop the kids at school, you have people who drive for a living, you have people who don’t work and are listening during those hours and then you have folks who can listen at work or school, whom the majority of which I bet are doing so on a computer. So what do these two moron’s do? They go out and bash bloggers and those who use twitter! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! How stupid is that?? It’s bad enough that not one interesting thing is ever said when these two guys are on but then to go out and shit on your intended audience????

As far as media sites go in this city, the Fan’s twitter account is one of the best managed. It is for the most part current and has some humor in it. Hogan called anyone who uses twitter a twit. How original. We mock that which we don’t understand. I know I have said this a million times but the handsdown winner of deadline day in terms of media was twitter. So mock all you like, but rest assured Mr. Hogan that there are people WAY smarter then you who spend a lot of time on twitter (and that doesn’t include me). That Obama guy is a real Twit eh Mike? Even if it really isn’t him, he is smart enough to know that he had to be there come election time. Maybe, just maybe if you were the least bit innovate you would have a ratings report that was worth more then toilet paper.

Then, Toth has the nerve to say that his blog is the exception to the rule because it is on a credible site. Are you kidding me???? There isn’t one thing credible about ANYTHING you say or do Toth. You, have the BALLS to go on the air, telling your audience that they have no right to be in love with the world hockey championship because they don’t support the junior teams like you do, but then you go on the air and ask Stan Butler (brampton gm) last week at the end of the interview if he could have two tickets put aside for the Sunday playoff game for you and your kid…..YOUR A FRAUD! A TOTAL AND COMPLETE FRAUD. You rip people for not going to the games that you ask teams for freebies for ON THE AIR???? Your so fucking lazy you can’t pick up the phone off the air and kiss ass to get free tickets? But your blog is different because you are on a credible site?? Are you nuts??

I have no problem with you not being on twitter. I have no problem with Hogan not having a blog. It shows your out of touch. It’s funny you both rely on the web to get information. Predictably Hogan went on for 17 minutes this am about the idiot fans at the Jays game last, saying how much research he did last night on what other stadiums websites say about throwing shit on the field. Newspapers are dying, the entire medium is about reaching out to the customers. Jeff Blair’s live blog from games is AMAZING. Damien’s blog kick’s Damien’s articles ass. Same with Richard Griffin’s. Lyle Richardson’s Spector’s blog is one of the best reads in hockey period! You don’t want to do it…fine. But take your head out of your ass before talking about shit you clearly can’t identify with. You just don’t get. Your ratings suck. They suck because you don’t get it. You shit on your intended audience and they aren’t going to listen to you. It can’t be that difficult. When you both get gonged and you will, eventually you may want to take a good long hard look in the mirror and think, huh, I wonder why people didn’t listen…Oh yeah, I know, cause I shit on my intended audience…

Coach
Coach
April 7, 2009 3:00 pm

like i’ve said before on this site, the day hogan and toth are done at the FAN, is the day i begin listening to it again. however, then those 2 morons would probably start their own pirate radio show, called ‘The everything you ever wanted to know about Uselessness Show’, featuring world class grey cup drinking memories, 40+ men reminiscing about when they were kinda good at high school sports because it made them popular, and toth’s problem with the big blue mints found at the bottom of a urinal at hooters! gawwdd…

The Meatriarchy
April 7, 2009 8:52 pm

Coach: That was brilliant.

TSM: Gaul? Did you just imply Toth was French?

April 7, 2009 10:02 pm

It is true that I hate Toth………….however I feel I must point out that Toth told Butler on the air that he would pay for the tickets when he asked Butler for them…………..I am all for bashing Toth but I want to make sure it is accurate

mf37
April 7, 2009 10:12 pm

I was so hoping the title of this post was a link to actual personnel changes at the FAN…

April 7, 2009 10:28 pm

I never said Toth was smart…………in fact I have said repeatedly that he is an idiot…………but even he isn’t stupid enough to ask for free tickets from a guest on the air…………..he goes to junior hockey games all the time and I assume he pays his own way so I don’t see why he would all of a sudden beg for freebies……….if this makes me extremely naive then so be it.

julian
julian
April 8, 2009 4:13 am

Mike S…come on, I heard it too, but he offered to PAY for them so he WOULDN’T HAVE TO!!!! That’s how it works. Do you really think Butler was going to look like a cheapskate and charge him.

Thus, he asked for tickets and got them for FREE! It was amazingly inappropriate, and it’s probably some sort of CRTC violation. But given this slug Toth does nothing that a real radio talk show host does anyway (treat his audience with respect, prepare for his show, have opinions that matter), why would it surprise anyone.

I’d bet my house on the fact he didn’t have to pay for the tickets and thus, he KNEW by asking for them on-air, he’d get them for free.

Maybe he’s paying the type of alimony Martin Brodeur is now and times are tight.

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
April 8, 2009 12:34 pm

PLEASE…No more stories about Toth and Hogan. I stopped listening to their crap, and I want to stop reading about it…..PLEASE?

lt67
lt67
April 8, 2009 2:02 pm

Tickets shmickets….Point is (as written by TSM)…the Toth Hogan show sucks…period.

Eggbert
Eggbert
April 8, 2009 2:43 pm

A CRTC violation? no.I tried to find the clip due to all the uproar, no luck.Toth gets on my nerves,but if he was that desperate for tickets he could always sit in the press box.

Mailman
Mailman
September 7, 2009 10:20 am

I used to listen every morning on my route. Hogie is very knowledgeable ……….. Toth is just an IDIOT … Can Nelson Millmen not see this

Roy Green
October 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I’m joining this discussion late (Oct. 29), but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who thinks Toth is a scourge on sports media. How come 590 doesn’t know it? Do they think all these comments make him a ‘controversial’ guy?

Molly
Molly
October 29, 2009 9:40 pm

I don’t have a problem with Hogan at all, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and he is knowledgeable. Unfortunately, we had to listen to Loubardias with him in the past and up till this week, Toth. I hope they give him someone good from now on.

adam
adam
November 12, 2009 2:57 pm

i don’t have any more of a problem with hogan than any one else on the air.. but mike toth makes me want to stab myself in the neck. he talks about himself constantly.. who cares?..noone that i know of. he has nothing to say, makes things up, when he is wrong he get that hoigh pitched whiney voice an just keeps going and going.

joe e
joe e
November 24, 2009 1:31 pm

You nerds are all vultures. Picking poor old Toths dead carcass. So now what do we have on The Fan? Oh Boy Got Game and Showdown Joe. A bunch of grown men playing computer games hahahhahahha and sissy martial arts fighting. If this is what you want you got it. Personally I would rather listen to Toth

joe e
joe e
November 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Footnote: I hope all you Toth bashers lose your jobs and good luck finding a job today. You can sit home and watch all the young twits on TSN. God they are pathetic. Toth was right. Women no nothing about sports.

Lawson
Lawson
December 15, 2009 11:15 pm

I agree Joe E. What have all you losers who sit here and bash Hogan and Toth ever done? You all think that you are so smart and could do it so much better if you ever got the chance. Nice try. Hogan and Toth were always prepared and discussed interesting topics. I loved Toth and I am sad to see him go. And to you losers who are ‘so sure’ that he didn’t pay for tickets, I used to work for the St.Mike’s Majors and Toth was one of our biggest boosters. He came to tons of games with his family, always paid and was super low-key. So don’t talk s*$t if you don’t know what you’re talking about!!!

joe e
joe e
August 24, 2010 12:41 pm

The fan now has that obnoxious Crystal guy from 9 to noon. All he wants to do is create a fight. If this is what people want to hear is fighting on the radio then God help us. What a bunch of twits.