Did Alexander Ovechkin Drop 6G’s On Strippers?

Don’t we all go to peeler bars and drop say, 9 large on booze and women? A buddy said to me today how guilty he felt spending $200 at his own stag. He should feel guilty that his own fellas didn’t take care of him on his last night of freedom! In any event. The net is a wonderful thing, and sometimes one has to be skeptical about certain things that float aroung on it due to the fine creations like Photoshop…

One such example hit my inbox tonight- a photo of one Alexander Ovechkin looking a little buzzed with a couple of lovely’s with him and the accompanying bill for one night of entertainment at Teavers Rivonia which is a peeler bar I believe in South Africa..

Take a look for yourself and decide if they are real:

Here is the itemized bill:

Now I don’t think the allegation is that this was very recent (like not last night)…All in good fun right?

ChuChu
ChuChu
April 18, 2009 11:21 am

He should have gone for the stripper value pack instead of just buying individual dances. He would have got 10% off plus a free pine scented car air freshener.

AstroGuy
AstroGuy
April 18, 2009 11:53 am

I dug up the boxscore from his next game on the 18th. His minutes that game are way down (15min played) with 0 points. Maybe a sign of the hangover.

Here’s a link to the March 18, 2007 boxscore: http://tinyurl.com/c9qegw

Benjamin
Benjamin
April 18, 2009 11:59 pm

isn’t the other guy an nhl player too? I can’t put my name on it? Canadiens player?

Benjamin
Benjamin
April 19, 2009 12:00 am

oh its markov, woops

The Meatriarchy
April 19, 2009 6:09 am

According to google a rand is worth abou 13c Canadian so really it was more like 1200.00 rather than 6 or 9 gs.

fake
fake
April 21, 2009 11:26 am

How is he in South Africa and then playing the next day?

There is champagne on the table but none on the bill?

This bill is from someone else. The pic may be legit. Those girls sitting with him are not strippers.

mark
mark
April 27, 2009 12:43 pm

nice…in south africa during the regular season….not likely.

a very common champagne in the bucket…I would think they would have been drinking higher end juice.

Was it comp’d? not on the scanned bill.

Emily
Emily
April 29, 2009 7:33 pm

The picture was taken at the Toronto Film Festival in 2006. I know because I was there when the picture was taken. The girls most definitely are NOT strippers, and literally just posed for the pic with those two extremely drunk players. Be sure of your source next time!

Terrence
April 29, 2009 8:48 pm

This pic is not obviously in March, notice the tan, and in SOUTH AFRICA…..Once again just the internet starting rumours….FOOLS

Philip
Philip
November 19, 2009 4:26 pm

I agree with Emily. My friend is friends with the girl on the right. And she aint a stripper and has never been to South Africa.