Why Is Doug MacLean Bashing Jack Armstrong?

Guido
April 17, 2009 8:25 am

MacLean is a tool that forgets that he’s the one that always gets fired.

CD
CD
April 17, 2009 9:59 am

I actually really like Doug McLean and find the majority of his comments and questions to guests well thought out, and he doesn’t seem to be afraid of challenging them. I think he has been a refreshing addition to the afternoon show….I like Jack too though and I thought their on air chemistry was pretty good. It would be sad if this report is true… I could see Doug going to Minnesota…but not Edmonton.

April 17, 2009 11:31 am

That would be a shame – I think it’s been a pretty good show. They’re fun together – and it’s a good mix of hardcore hockey for the puckheads, while Jack knows a lot about other sports for people like me.

It’s funny, because I was under the impression that Doug may be the one leaving soon. He said on air yesterday that he’s going for the Minnesota GM job.

Eggbert
Eggbert
April 17, 2009 11:52 am

Hello!

julian
julian
April 17, 2009 11:54 am

It’s not the worst show 590 has. Not by a longshot, but you’d think they’d get a more traditional “personality” who is comfortable driving the show and can also have an opinion on every sport. MacLean doesn’t even try to watch anything else BUT hockey which is a big drag on the show when another sport is taking prominence.

Armstrong just doesn’t do it for me. Compare how he blows the Raptors constantly to how the Leafs get treated on 640. At least, although Wilbur can be a blowhard, there’s a level of objectivity. They didn’t try once this year to suggest the Leafs were victims of this and that like Jack does with the Raptors. He’s quite the apologist.

April 17, 2009 12:05 pm

You’re right Julian. It could use a guy who’s an actual ‘host’.

Sometimes I think Maclean would be better as just a hockey expert, like Kypreos. It does seem that he tries his best to fake interest in the other sports though.

April 17, 2009 12:09 pm

IMO, worst show on The Fan = The Directors Chair.

CD
CD
April 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Daniel, you are correct in my opinion as well…Director’s Chair is an instant turn off for me as I find Doug F. un-listenable. Although I feel similarly about Hogan and Toth on the Bullpen….

T. Constantin
T. Constantin
September 10, 2009 7:41 pm

McLean is a total joke! I just listened to his interview with Bob McCown on 9-10-09 on the Fan590.

McLean is arrogant, and self-absorbed, and an embarrassment to himself, his family, and his pretend profession of being a radio host. The Fan590 can’t do much about the first 2, but they can about the third. They should fire his ass!

People such as McLean rise and fall on their own merits, and with his arrogant attitude he is due for a fall, and HARD! I for one look forward to seeing it happen!