What’s with NHL Playoffs on TSN2?

You would think that one of the biggest sports networks would make all of the playoff games available. Right? Wrong.

TSN2 has got to be the biggest stick in my spokes. Especially now when the playoffs are heating up. This twin station is only available on Cogeco which is outside the city of Toronto. It ‘s the Greater Toronto Area. Why wouldn’t this station be available to the entire city? It doesn’t make sense. Detroit is a team that has such a huge fan base all over North America. People want to watch this series. There’s even a diner on the Danforth dedicated to the Red Wings. The Detroit Eatery. In Toronto!

So let’s just say that the Anaheim Detroit series goes to game seven….which it probably will. The last two teams who won the Stanley Cup are playing each other. There’s no way it will be a sweep for either team. They’ll duke it out to the very end. Game 2 had triple overtime. Imagine game seven. They’ll be playing until the sun comes up, but, guess what….The game is on TSN2. Now if you really want to watch that game, you’d better make friends in Georgetown because that’s where you’ll be able to watch it.

The only reason that I can think why such an exciting series could potentially end on a station where only a percentage of people can watch, is because they’re anticipating up to game 5 or 6. Then I get it. But if the rest of the games are as exciting as the game last night, game seven should have been on TSN.

Justin
May 4, 2009 12:37 pm

Agree man, where I am we have Rogers which equals no TSN2. Fail…

Give the people what they want!

-Cheers,
Justin
@hockeycardshow

Benjamin
Benjamin
May 4, 2009 2:38 pm

it isn’t TSN’s fault. It’s Roger’s fault. Rogers doesn’t want another sports channel to compete with Sportsnet (which is ridiculous because there is enough sports for both channels). Overall, TSN wants to be in Toronto, but Rogers is blocking them out.

Benjamin
Benjamin
May 4, 2009 2:40 pm

P.S. you can also get Bell TV which has TSN2 in Toronto. (I live in Oakville with Cogeco, so I have TSN2. MWHAHAHAHA! But I go to UofT so I feel your pain.)

Eggbert
Eggbert
May 4, 2009 4:12 pm

I have Bell expressvu,I get it,and I live in East York

Lilly
May 5, 2009 10:23 am

Good for all of you who have Bell…..and all I’m saying is that why would they put such a good game (potentially) on a station that not everyone gets….not everyone lives in East York.

Eggbert
Eggbert
May 5, 2009 12:37 pm

Lilly,

Bell expressvu can be had anywhere in Toronto.I mentioned East York to underline that point.From a sales perspective it is an advantage I would use, but I’m sure it will be on Rogers soon enough 😉

Jason
Jason
May 13, 2009 9:20 am

In all fairness, if the game on TSN is concluded and the other game on TSN2 is still in progress, the games from that feed will be also seen on TSN joined in progress.
Rogers is asking for subsribers to be patient and simply “back off” while they assess the situation.