More Changes At The Score & Hockey Night In Canada

We told you before that ch ch ch changes were coming to The Score, well they have and they hit pretty hard.

Gone from the Score lineup are both Hardcore Hockey and Score Tonight. Tony Ambrogio is gone and that really, really sucks. He is a really good reporter and I am a big fan. I don’t know how Gerry Dee stays in his stead. Also gone are Steve “Eklund” Ludzik and Al “don’t cry for me” Strachan. Although Koules’s Hardcore Hockey is gone, he isn’t. However if I were a betting man I would think that he will be at the first real offer he has coming him way…

So apparently Strachan handled himself like a real a$$ in a rather large disagreement with the good folks at The Score, he allegedly insulted management and well, yadda yadda yadda, the camel’s back was broken. Score management, hope you don’t lose any sleep!

Over at Hockey Night in Canada, word is that Mike Milbury is gone too. Milbury gets enough coin from NBC and doesn’t need the loonies. I am curious who gets more tears, Milbury or Strachan? I ask this again by the way, HOW or WHY THE HELL IS STRACHAN STILL ON HNIC??????

Chris
Chris
July 30, 2009 12:38 am

I was hoping Strachan was gone from HNIC as well, cant stand that idiot

lt67
lt67
July 30, 2009 8:03 am

I’m with Chris….HNIC Hotstove needs an overhaul – that starts but does not end with Strachan.

The Meatriarchy
The Meatriarchy
July 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Was hardcore hockey that video broadcast of a radio call in show? “cause that thing is friggin brutal.

Bard
July 31, 2009 1:29 pm

NBC needs to follow suit and fire Milbury. As an Islanders fan everytime I hear Milbury analyze a team or a game I want to put my fist through my TV.

Dominik
July 31, 2009 1:36 pm

What Bard said, but also the obligatory: “Some network show will be missing its idiot.”

Steve
Steve
July 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Here’s why: Don Cherry & Al Strachan are buddies. Until Don leaves, I can’t see Al leaving (unfortunately). Just take a look at who “contributes” to Don’s book. I’ll wager he had a large part in composing the book for Mr. Cherry.

trackback

[…] • The end of Mike Milbury on Hockey Night in Canada? [Toronto Sports Media] […]

idle
idle
August 1, 2009 12:15 pm

I like Strachan…

Kevin
August 1, 2009 1:12 pm

Milbury gone? Great!

Is Hardcore hockey gone outright or just for the summer?

I liked the Hot Stove format from a couple years back when it was just Maclean and Scott Mellanby or Sean Burke.

And yes Gerry Dee….1. He’s not funny, 2.how the hell did he get that gig?

I was doing media for my blog at the Gretzky Golf tournament, not to mention the crap Gretzky interview I saw later.

He then embarrasses himself at the Mike Weir invitational when John Daly blew him off (OK that was funny).

I like Mentzy (sp) on the Score, the guy says what he wants . I just don’t think encouraging gambling is such a great idea.

zak
zak
August 1, 2009 9:17 pm

Al Strachan is an moron. can,t stand him and I hope they kick him off hnic.

Chester
Chester
August 3, 2009 11:26 am

You folks should watch RDS, I gave up on HNIC years ago. Between Milbury and our national embarassment (Don Sherry) it’s a sad sad thing and I just can’t bring myself to watch it.

Dutchman
Dutchman
August 8, 2009 7:05 pm

“Milbury Gone” Best news I’ve heard since the Cup series ended…
The Wings will be in the finals again this year..and hungry