Was anybody watching the CFL on Sunday?

As the NFL season kicked off yesterday (minus Thursday’s official opener), I excitedly watched games and highlights throughout the day. Maybe it’s just me, but it felt like I was finally watching meaningful football for the first time in a long time.

What I really love about football Sundays is the chance to flip between games, watching as much action as I can cram into one day. I’m good watching just about any NFL game – Honestly, I had no rooting interest in the Jets-Texans clash, but I still enjoyed following Mark Sanchez’s first NFL victory.

Then, as I flipped to TSN, I laughed.

“CFL Football – B.C. at Montreal,” said my TV guide.

Yes, I’m Canadian.

Yes, I’ve watched plenty of CFL games. I know the rest of the country, especially out west, really likes the league. There is plenty of talent on the field, and lots of scoring. To be honest, I wish I liked it more.

But with the NFL on simultaneously, there’s no way I’m watching Canadian football.

Should I feel bad about this? Seriously, were any football fans in Toronto watching the CFL yesterday?

-DL

ChuChu
ChuChu
September 14, 2009 7:10 pm

I don’t like CFL at all. To me it’s kickball with a beachball sized ball.

I *really* enjoyed watching the vikings game yesterday and I think they will be an entertaining team to follow all season as long as they can stay healthy.

danny
danny
September 14, 2009 11:03 pm

hey choochoo the two balls are the same size . why is it everyone who is too “sophisticated’ for the cfl because the nfl has better athletes couldnt run 110 yards if their li fe depended on it?

danny
danny
September 14, 2009 11:08 pm

hey dl while you are sitting in mommys basement watching the nfl do some homework regarding the tv ratings. as soon as i see a sportsblog written by a canadian nerd i laugh then switch over to one written by an american nerd.the american dorks are way better.

Mike
Mike
September 15, 2009 7:40 am

No DL, you weren’t the only one. I was watching the NFL on Sunday and so were most people that I know. It’s like choosing to watch EPL over MLS if they ever had games that were on at the same time.

And I know some CFL fans like to selectively quote ratings that show the 2 leagues are about equal in popularity but that’s a national number not regional and our system to track that stuff is messed up with events like the NFL. They also never bother to talk about playoff ratings, where the NFL is always ahead.

ChuChu
ChuChu
September 15, 2009 9:04 am

Great game last night between the Bills and Pats. Poor Bills just couldn’t finish it off.

Danny you are a second rate troll just like the CFL is a second rate league. Try harder.

Matthew
Matthew
August 4, 2010 1:44 pm

I was watching the game, I love football and prefer the CFL.