New Voices At Hockey Night In Canada

So Glen Healy will finally speak. And then we will probably wish we could mute him! No really, it will be very interesting to watch him when he takes to the air on Hockey Night in Canada. I, personally have new found respect for Healy and I think it will be fascinating to listen to what he has to say. He has always picked sides, and worn his biases on his sleeve. You always know where he is coming from, love it or hate it. Can’t wait for the first Matt Stajan episode.

HNIC has also added Guy Carbonneau and Kevin Weekes. Curious what Hab fans think of Carbonneau. As for Weekes, another goalie turned broadcaster ugh!

@yyzsportsmedia

Eggbert
Eggbert
September 16, 2009 11:07 am

I guess our tax dollars won out over TSN in the Healy sweepstakes.He will surely be based out of Toronto,I wonder who gets a diminished role to make room for him?

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
September 16, 2009 11:13 am

Hopefully they whacked Strachan and PJ Stock for Healy.

With HNIC Healy gets one day of work a week, as opposed to probably at least two days with TSN. Nice Gig.

September 16, 2009 11:40 am

Dallas Stars head coach Marc Crawford is gone from HNIC this year, so maybe Healy will be a game analyst………………he has done that job for HNIC before

lt67
lt67
September 16, 2009 11:54 am

Good move getting healy…I don’t always agree with him but I like him….good addition.

lister
lister
September 16, 2009 11:54 am

Hopefully PJ Stock is gone. Ugh.

I normally can’t stand anything Strachan does but in his role on Hotstove for 10 minutes I like him. He stirs the pot especially with the other guests. We all saw how boring Hotstove was at the start of the season when it was essentially just former players who had basically no opinion on anything especially controversial stuff. Zzzzzzz. I think Healey on Hotstove with Strachan and a reporter (LeBrun, Morrison, whomever) would make for an interesting segment.

September 16, 2009 2:19 pm

I agree with Lister about PJ Stock (ugh)

I also agree with Lister about Strachan……………I understand why so many people dislike him, but I would rather have him on the Hot Stove than guys like Sean Burke and Scott Mellanby

Eggbert
Eggbert
September 16, 2009 5:11 pm

If Ron McLean has anything to do with it,Stock will be diminished.