Losing faith in leafs

Ugly ugly ugly. If toskala didn’t stand on his head this one would have been way worse than it was.

Folks, forget panic, it’s time for reality, the good ship maple leaf is all but sunk this year. The hole is too deep. This team has to find somethig else to play for as the playoffs are nothing more than a pipe dream. Brady pointed out on Twitter tonight that if the lose to the flame tomorrow night in regulation they have 11pts in 18GP. They will need 84 pts of a possible 128 to get to 95pts. .656 hky. Talk about longshot.

The biggest question I have is how long does the architect sit by and watch the underperformers. This has to be killing Brian Burke..

Oh well tomorrows another night.

Garrett Bauman
Garrett Bauman
November 14, 2009 12:01 am

Didn’t realize you were writing for TSM these days, Howard. Welcome aboard!

Peter Morrow
November 14, 2009 12:29 am

I have to point out that we have two games in hand on the Islanders, but yes, we stink and aren’t making the playoffs.

Eggbert
Eggbert
November 14, 2009 1:15 am

Which Brady?

I love these satistical scenarios, a 3 game win streak and they’ll be in the thick of things, there’s 65 f’n games left!

Eggbert
Eggbert
November 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Playoffs shmayoffs, I just want our draft placement to be more in line with Kessel’s value, if the Bruins end up with 5th overall or worse we’ll have done ok

Nealio
Nealio
November 14, 2009 9:44 pm

No need to be sorry TSM, a lot of us feel the same way.

Utterly dissapointing. How much more of this is Burke going to take before he does something…anything to shake & wake this team up.

Trevor
Trevor
November 14, 2009 9:54 pm

Ok. I have officially given up on this team. When will they learn, trade a first rounder, forget about the season. Burke is an utter disappointment. I am so disappointed in this team I am beyond words. This season is beyond repair now.

Eggbert
Eggbert
November 15, 2009 5:10 pm

If Shenn turns out to have peaked last year, you can blame Fletcher for most of this mess, everything he touched has turned to shit

lt67
lt67
November 16, 2009 8:03 am

Way too early to give up on Schenn Eggbert…though I do worry about them rushing him. Defencemen can take much longer to develop than forwards….

Eggbert
Eggbert
November 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Early? yes, but future superstars usually show inconsistant flashes(Kadri) of what the future will hold.Even last year I didn’t see a superstar in waiting with Shenn, I just don’t.