Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

Bob will host with John Shannon…

3 – 3:40 Jim Kelley
4:22 Jeff Blair, Globe & Mail
4:42 Jim Barker, Argos Head Coach
5:02 Lou Lamoriello, Devils GM (TIME MIGHT CHANGE)
5:22 Mike Inglis, Voice of the Miami Heat
5:42 Sounds like Don Meehan

On 640 with Hayes & Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:10 – OPEN PHONES – 416-870-6400, *640 on the Cell, 1-888-225-TALK
4:45 – Jay Grossman (NHLPA Player Agent)
5:05 – Questionable Decision of the Day
5:25 – Kevin Eiben (Toronto Argonauts Line-Backer)
5:45 – Anthony Andro (Fort Worth Star – Telegram)
6:10 – Terry Bell (Vancouver Province)
6:45 – Allen Wilson (Buffalo Times)

July 20, 2010 5:13 pm

FOB strikes again. what possible reason could you have for giving Kelley two segments in the middle of summer?

Jeff
Jeff
July 20, 2010 6:07 pm

He is Bobs friend, the only thing that I dislike about the show is that he has his friends on over qualified sports people.

FMT
FMT
July 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Love the term friends of Bob.

I’m going to say it, but these last couple of days with McCown REALLY makes me miss Blair. I listened to yesterday show and McCown is usually really good at taking calls, but the calls and answers just seemed to drag that I actually had to lower the radio because my mind was fading because I was getting so bored. Blair calls seem much more faster pace and the callers better be on and ready to go because Blair sure is ready to go, and a lot more conflict and interest.

Yesterday McCown show seemed like it was going at a snails pace and today an hour with Kelley and of course your CFL infomercial. All this time having a co-host like Shannon just doesn’t help. Here’s a concern, I thought PTS has stayed decent in recent times because of the competition from Brady and 640. Seriously doubt a guy like Blair would even be considered as fill-in/co-host if there wasn’t for the competition that 640 brought (I’ve noticed McCown doesn’t seem to like the idea of his fill ins to overshadow him) but now with Brady out of the picture, will PTS go back the lackluster Shannon/Toth days.

I was really enjoying Blair, I didn’t even think of checking out 640 post-Brady these past couple of weeks. But I am certainly going to see what they are offering now McCown is back. I don’t know why I have soured so much on Bob this week, it’s been a gradual decline for me but this week was like past the line of decline but still good to “this isn’t listenable”. Maybe it’s just vacation rust.

Jeff
Jeff
July 20, 2010 7:51 pm

I heard Bob disagreeing with Cito’s strategy, and questioning his ability to manage…isnt that a 3 game suspension at Rogers:P?

RJ
RJ
July 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Interesting that PTS had Wayne Parrish on Monday to talk Canada Basketball. Turns out it was his last night in that job as he was named to help run Postmedia today.

Raptors Devotee
July 21, 2010 11:15 am

The problem with Bob’s friends being on the air with him is that not only are they not qualified but like in sports when you play with better players or teams, you naturally raise your game to compete. I don’t think that the compeition on another radio station has any effect on McCown. What does is sitting right next to him, and the fact that Kollins has to accept the prima donnas that Bob forces him to or he will walk is unacceptable.

Blair has grown on me as well. I initially wrote him off as another Rob Faulds boring has been, but that has changed, and I really respect what he brings to the table now.

In summary, anytime that Kelly, Shannon, Kirk, or Deacon is on I pretty much don’t listen unless the guests can compensate for them. If only they were removed and the other week with Brunt had Arthur (my favourite) there, or Blair or Grange (although he drives me nuts sometimes before he gets to his point but is interesting). I am O.K. with Blair moving into the hosting when Bob is on vacation too.

Sean
Sean
July 21, 2010 11:34 am

I think that a the Round Tables of Arthur, Brunt, Bob and another person are always the best.

Anyone else not a Fan of John Shannon? I never really understood what made him an NHL Insider, other then he was a TV executive.

His NHL analysis is lacking, in my humble opinion.

lister
lister
July 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Shannon and Deacon as sidekicks are meh. Don’t hate them, don’t love them. I didn’t like Kelley as sidekick or host. I do like him as guest in a segment about hockey.

Blair has also grown on me as host. I would be okay with him being the permanent host fill-in. The only criticism I have right now is his friendliness with Ricciardi. Quite frankly I’d prefer never to hear Ricciardi on a Toronto radio station ever again. I think the selection of sidekick though when he’s in the host chair is important. I really didn’t care for him and Deacon together. Blair and Faulds was better though I really want to see Blair with Brunt or Arthur.

My favourite round table would be McCown, Brunt, Arthur and Doug Smith. Grange is okay. (Funny how three names mentioned are basketball guys and I *HATE* basketball.) I think they all stand up to McCown on certain topics that make for interesting radio and gets the most of out Bob.

One experiment I’d like to see with the round tables is for a outspoken ex-player of some sport who’s been away from their game for some time to be one of the participants. Like a Jeremy Roenick for instance. I don’t know if that’ll work but I’d be curious to see it a couple of times.