Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight-Updated

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is John Shannon
3:02 Rod Black – TSN
3:22 Jane Roos – Canadian Athletes Now
4:22 Ian Pulver – NHL player agent
4:42 Bob O’Billovich – Hamilton Tiger-Cats GM
5:02 Alex Anthopoulos – Blue Jays GM
5:22 Richard Deitsch – SI
5:42 Bills starting QB…whoever it is.

On 640 with Hayes and Watters
David Naylor on football
– Sam Cosentino on baseball
– Matt Devlin on basketball
– Gary Valk on hockey

Raptors Devotee
July 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Is there any way to get John Shannon A.K.A. Mr. Magoo off of PTS. I can’t even get past his annoying voice to decipher what he says, and even if I could, from what I catch of him, it adds nothing.

This is when I miss Stephen Brunt the most, when McCown uses his buddies like this.

July 29, 2010 5:13 pm

I was hoping that Shannon would get the summer off like the rest of the Sportsnet hockey pucks………….that would have meant more Arthur, Grange, etc………..but it seems like Shannon has been on almost every week so far this summer…………..and when he hasn’t been there it has been Faulds or Deacon………….ugh

The good news is that there is light at the end of the tunnel…………..we are now about 6 weeks away from the return of Brunt

July 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Cool that Blair hosted 12 – 3 today. If The Fan hadn’t already hired Krystal and Brady, I’d be thinking Blair would be close to a full time gig there. They’ve been using him an awful lot in the past few months.

Julian
Julian
July 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Blair would be an ideal #2 for someone on a show. I think he’s still real awkward at times solo. LOTS of painful silences. He was out of gas very early on the show today and his interview with Larry Kelly had zero energy.

Just saying, I think some of you overrate him on here. I actually think he’d spar well with Watters, if you want my honest opinion. Watters is sounding deader than usual. I know it’s summer, but I think that show’s ship has now sailed as many of you have already said with the Brady departure…

Brady & Blair might intrigue me more than Brady & Cox for mornings. TSM? Any update on a morning show. Surely Lumby and his awfulness has only a couple weeks left??!!

Raptors Devotee
July 29, 2010 5:48 pm

I find Blair good in short spurts, three hours hosting is really pushing the envelope with him. Where with McCown is like sitting back on a rocking chair easing your way through it Blair is like sandpaper. I prefer him as an occasional guest host and on the round table.

July 29, 2010 6:17 pm

I agree with Julian & Raptors Devotee and disagree with Daniel about Blair………..I can take him in small doses or as a sidekick, but having him as a solo host for 3 hours per day is a bit too much and brings out his weaknesses.

Part of my problem with Blair is that the sports he likes the most (baseball, soccer, auto racing) are sports I don’t care much about and the sports that he thinks are a waste of time (NFL football, hockey, golf, tennis) are the sports that I like the most

Having said all that, I like him MUCH better than the other hosts they have had in the past (Toth, Faulds, Millard, etc) when McCown is on vacation for most of the summer

Anthony
Anthony
July 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Have to agree with everyone, Blair is much better suited the Steven Brunt chair then the Bob McCown chair.

Ill ask again, what makes John Shannon a hockey expert? Other then he says that he is and use to work as a TV exec?

July 30, 2010 12:12 am

Hm…yeah. Agree to disagree I guess. I like listening to him.

Then again, Im a huge baseball fan and Blair is one of the more knowledgeable baseball guys in T.O., so that might explain some of my enjoyment that you guys dont share .

July 30, 2010 12:13 am

But, youre probably right that hed be best as a cohost. Would be WAY better than Shannon.