Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is Stephen Brunt
TBA

On 640 with Bill Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:40- Phil Bourque (Colour Analyst – Pittsburgh Penguins)

5:05- Pierre McGuire (TSN Hockey Insider)

5:25- Dave Van Horne (Ford C. Frick Award Winner)

6:05- Dennis Beyak (AM640 Leafs play by play)

Ami Angelwings
December 8, 2010 8:09 pm

It’s bad enough they have Krystal on in the mornings, do they have to subject him on the shows we choose to listen to because they DON’T have him!? I can’t tell if Bob likes him or not (I can’t tell if he’s joking whenever he puts Krystal down) but I dun rly care b/c WHAT THE FUCK was up with that “the real tragedy of September 8 1980 was that they didn’t spare a bullet for Yoko” crap!? I know he prolly think he’s hilarious but, har de har… (and I’m not a fan of the Beatles, and I wasn’t even alive for Lennon’s death, much less for him to have an effect on me) let’s joke not just about somebody’s death but that his wife shoulda gotten a bullet too! >_:| )

and even if you’re not offended.. it’s still not a funny joke -_-;;; So what’s the point? Like, srsly, what’s the point that the FAN590 thinks they have for keeping Krystal around? That he’s a loud unfunny jerk who turns away everybody and is offensive to boot?

Ami Angelwings
December 8, 2010 8:10 pm

*subject us to him

Ami Angelwings
December 8, 2010 8:13 pm

Ugh my faces keep cutting out my comments >:O The rest of what I said was that esp since this isn’t the only anniversary going on, the other being that 2 days ago is the anniversary of the L’Ecole Polytechnique massacre where women were gunned down simply for being women. And I know he prolly wasn’t thinking about this at all, but it strikes me as especially bad timing for such a joke >:|

Chris F.
Chris F.
December 8, 2010 9:12 pm

Anyone listen to the Bert Sugar segment? that was GREAT stuff. I’d love it if they could have Brunt com in at 3, do a segment with Bob then bring in Sugar and have him on for the rest of the show. That was such great radio that the rest of the show literally paled in comparison. Even Sugar was having a grand old time as it seemed he wanted to keep on going.

So yeah, The Powers That Be, if you’re reading this have Bob, Brunt and Sugar on for a full show STAT!

gunner4413
gunner4413
December 8, 2010 9:27 pm

I have to agree that this Krystal thing with Bob is not working.It just re-enforces the reason i do not listen in the morning anymore.He is Bob’s bitch when he comes on so i can’t believe it is drawing fans back to the morning show?
I have been alittle disapointed with PTS as of late.Alot of soccer? I guess the soccer mandate has finally hit Bob as well.I have listened to Wilbur very often but in the last couple of weeks i have been going down the dial!
As for the Burt Sugar interview…It was a classic!!Something to be said for old jounalist..They have all the stories to back up their opinions!!!Greg Brady talking about the 2000 Windsor Spitfires or whenever he was their play by play guy gets alittle old after awhile.

Ami Angelwings
December 8, 2010 9:47 pm

@ Chris F. and Gunner4413: I lurve Sugar 🙂 And even though it was what I know some ppl complain about (and I understand) of a guest going on about something that has nothing to do with sports, I found it rly interesting cuz at least it was about something interesting and about somebody’s experiences 🙂 (and I’m like 30 years too young to know wtf they’re talking about neways xD)

I enjoyed it a lot 🙂 and Chris, remember back in the spring/early summer when Don Cherry’s “Grapeline” was no longer on and the first hour (then the 4-5 hour) had an extra 7 minutes at the end and Brunt came on after the initial 1 on 1 interviews? :3 I LOVED those little segments, and I completely agree. I KNOW that the FAN would never do it (and I understand in terms of a financial POV) cuz they’d have to pay Brunt more, and also I dunno if Brunt would want to take an extra hour out of his day (since he does have another career) to come in just for what I’m guessing is not THAT much more pay… but… it WOULD be rly nice to have Brunt in with Bob for an extra hour wouldn’t it? 🙂 Mind you, when he’s not around we’d get another hour of Shannon >_> and I would be not so enthused about that 😐

Steve
Steve
December 8, 2010 9:59 pm

I thought it was great the way that Bruce Arthur trashed Cherry tonight right before Cherry’s waste-of-a-segment. Cherry’s Archie Bunker act at city hall was pretty pathetic yesterday – he made himself look really bad, and I’m glad someone called him out on it.

December 8, 2010 10:13 pm

We really need to organize some kind of TSM social gathering so that I get to meet Ami Angelwings

Chris F.
Chris F.
December 8, 2010 10:29 pm

@Steve yeah that was classic stuff! A real contrast to what I heard further up the dial in the mornings with John Oakley. You’d think Oakley and 640 works for Rob Ford!

But that’s neither here nor there 😉

Ron
Ron
December 9, 2010 12:23 pm

Just listened to the Krystal appearance on PTS…just brutal. That comment about how “they should have saved a bullet for Yoko…” is completely over the line. Wouldn’t be surprised if The Fan got some calls/emails of complaint over that one, which is, of course, what they want. They want Krystal to stir the pot. But sometimes these ‘shock jocks’ can go too far.
There’s an organization in this country called the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council, who listen to complaints from radio listeners and have the power to slap punishment on stations. It might be worth sending them an email of complaint about Krystal’s comments. A few too many of those might force the Fan to dump him.

Ami Angelwings
December 9, 2010 4:04 pm

@Ron thanks… that’s a good idea… cuz I was considering emailing the FAN, but I worried that all that would happen would be that Krystal reads it out on the air and does the whole “JEEZ YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO SENSITIVE” shock jock derailing excuse :\

pudge72
pudge72
December 13, 2010 11:51 am

Ami…your comments about Krystal are spot on. I admit I didn’t hear the PTS segment with the John/Yoko comments, but if they were indeed made in the fashion that you mention (and I can easily imagine Krystal doing), that is waaay over the line. As you mention, with the L’Ecole Polytechnique shootings happening on the very same week, you would think that someone who follows the news (presumably, since he sure doesn’t have a solid base of sports knowledge) would know when to shelve the “shock jock” crap for a moment.