Cesar Takes One On The Chin

Well, Cesar Romero, is no longer a 2 trick pony. The confusion I complained of last night. Watters on Sportsnet tv and on the radio on 640 Toronto running head to head with Sportsnet radio fan 590 Toronto.

How did Rogers deal with the confusion? They apparently told old Cesar that his services on the tv side were no longer needed.

I have to admit I felt badly for Cesar as he made his own announcement on his own radio show. What was really interesting to me was when Cesar told his new “guest” co-host how long he has been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

Wilbur said that he has been a loyal Leafs fan since he was a boy. It provided some insight that I hadn’t heard before. Yet it made his perceived utter disdain for the franchise today more perplexing.

Bill Watters inability to move beyond the end of his tenure with the Leafs greatly effects his credibility and therefore his appeal on a television show.

I can’t see how Cesar gets back on tv. I have to think that the sun is starting to set on his radio show too.

Time will tell.

@yyzsportsmedia

Leo
Leo
January 14, 2011 8:12 am

I agree, he’s done on TV. However, if 640 cuts the sports out, I could see wilbur as a frequent guest on Brady’s lunchtime show and even sitting at the round table once in a while on PTS.

He’s really good on radio, quite confident, however, on TV it always seems like he’s a little nervous and/or cautious.

LOU
LOU
January 14, 2011 1:28 pm

I think the blogger doesn’t like Watters as he doesn’t have enough respect to use his proper name anywhere here. Makes the shots a little suspect – (If you have a bone to pick, you should disclose it here). That name calling is school yard bullying, with Watters hnot here to respond. However Bill does the same when he has a disdain for a person, so he asked for it i guess.
As far as his disdain for the leafs, it’s the two shmos running MLSE that he hates, not the team, not Burke – and he has good reason to. They have combined together to ruin that team (all 3 teams) ever since they arrived. Perhaps the blogger doesn’t share the same perception of Peddie and Tannenbaum, thus the name calling.

I like the radio show better than McCown – I found BW too awkward on TV now (He’s too old and too TO centric now)

Steve from Waterloo
Steve from Waterloo
January 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I noticed Wilbur looking uncomfortable, not very dynamic and frankly, somewhat uncomfortable when on Sportsnet this season.

I don’t much care for Kypreos’ shtick, and I get the feeling Wilbur didn’t either…

FMT
FMT
January 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Many might not agree, but I liked Wilbur best as post game commentator on Sportsnet after Leaf’s game.

Justin
Justin
January 15, 2011 8:43 am

I won’t miss him. He’s been a curmudgeon the past few years.

Dileno
Dileno
January 17, 2011 10:47 am

Always enjoyed him, dating way back to when he was co-host on the FAN with McCown and before that I think he was with Hebscher