Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is Dave, The Blanket Perkins
4:02 Don Banks, SI.COM
4:21 Tom Henke, Canadian Baseball Hall Of Fame Inductee
5:02 Eugene Melnyk, Senators Owner
5:21 Doug Smith & Jack Armstrong over the line at the ACC
5:41 Karen Rackel, First Ever Female President of the RCGA

On 640 with Brian Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:40 – Brian Burke (Maple Leafs’ President and General Manager)

5:05 – Ray Ferraro (TSN Hockey Insider)

5:25 – Bob Cowan (NFL Prognosticator)

6:05 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)

January 24, 2011 8:23 pm

So any idea what the story is with Brady hosting with Krystal?

Pudge72
Pudge72
January 24, 2011 8:47 pm

my shot in the dark guess would be that 590 sees the writing on the wall with Richards starting at TSN and realizes that a co-hosted morning show, especially where one host (Brady) is knowledgeable in sports and fairly well liked, would be beneficial in the battle to keep listeners. This new set up could be to see if Krystal/Brady have chemistry, or for them to develop chemistry. Alternately, Brady could be on try out to take over for Krystal if Pelley et. al. have really soured on Krystal.

Nutzaboutgolf
January 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Krystal & Brady = Failure. Two opinionated blowhards who won’t stop talking long enough to listened to each other. PTS is carrying Fan590 and Bobcat has them by the short & curlies.

January 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Here is what we wrote on Twitter:

“Fan 590 followers: I am making a temporary move to the morning drive show to work with Andrew Krystal, starting tomorrow at 530am. But will still be doing HockeyCentral at Noon w/ Nick & Doug. So, 530a-9, then noon-1p. Hope you’ll give a listen. I am very happy doing noon-3pm run at station, so don’t read this as long-term move. Just stretching it out a bit in a different slot, again, temporarily”

January 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Sorry………..I meant to say “here is what he wrote” and not “here is what we wrote”

January 25, 2011 2:26 am

Jeez. If you’re going to make him do a noon show, at least let him come in at 7 or something.

What a weird move! What’s the motivation? To see if they mesh together I guess? It definitely seems like The Fan is worried about Krystal (understandably, I’d say).

If they mesh, it could work I guess..

The Historic
The Historic
January 25, 2011 10:21 am

They don’t mesh…it won’t work. Andrew Krystal is not well versed enough in sports to provide any insight or perspective. He’s a fish out of water (and probably knows it) so he relies on his broadcasting history to get him through. From all accounts, this is behaving like the class clown or know-it-all. And like the class clown, you laugh AT him (not with him), but eventually just tune him out because he uses the same old schtick over and over.

Don Kollins FAIL!

Steve
Steve
January 25, 2011 3:07 pm

I listened to them this morning on my lengthy commute and it was definitely better than it used to be. However, the move looks desperate and disorganized, and it seemed as if Brady was implying that he thought it was a bit absurd as well.

FMT
FMT
January 25, 2011 7:29 pm

I am a big Brady fan so I give it a listen and it just didn’t work, I don’t think it will work. They bothy feel they are the lead guy and it just didn’t flow. Even back during the “Watters show” it was obvious that it was the Watters show in name only and Brady was steering that ship. I am such a Brady fan but Krystal is like a black whole and I ended up tuning out and listening to John Moore on RB in the final hour.

On the bright side with afternoons open without Brady I got to listen to Jim Rome again, Monday show was really good with the Jay Cutler focus while Lajoie was doing the exact same topics (in the exact same order I think) as Blair did just a few hours back (calls on Wells trade and Leaf goalie situation)

I don’t compliment McCown as much as others here, but I give him props for looking at the Wells trade differently than EVERYBODY else on that station. (Willner, Blair, Lajoie, nighttime/weekend guys McCown wondered why should we even care about the contract money the Jays are saving in a non-salary cap league with a self-imposed limit. If you like the Players vs players trade short or long term, fine.

James
James
January 26, 2011 11:06 am

FMT, when the MSM are all saying the same thing about a topic, are almost unanimously in agreement, that generally is a sign that maybe there is something to what they saying…

And if you don’t “trust” the local media, check out the articles by American sources like ESPN and SI. They are even more congratulatory of AA than almost any other articles. The trade was a major coup, there is no debate.

January 26, 2011 12:35 pm

there is plenty of debate about the merits of Napoli for Francisco + $1 million. from a value standpoint it looks like the Jays got back a less valuable piece than they gave up.
the original VW trade was a separate transaction and shouldn’t be part of the analysis of the 2nd trade.

overall the Jays are way ahead, but that’s a separate analysis altogether.

Denial
Denial
January 28, 2011 11:19 am

I can’t stand the Brady and Krystal chemistry. It’s obvious to me that they hate each other. Krystal keeps paraphrasing Brady and putting words into his mouth. Brady keeps trying to be diplomatic and conversational, which Krystal finds tedious and weak.

Whoever put these two together is a complete idiot.