Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is John Shannon
– Mary Ormsby
– Stephen Brunt

On 640 with Brian Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:
4:40 – Dave Nonis (Maple Leafs’ VP of Hockey Operations)

5:05 – Ray Ferraro (TSN Hockey Insider)

5:25 – Chris Sheridan (ESPN NBA Analyst)

6:05 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)

6:25 – Derek King (Toronto Marlies Assistant Coach)

Marsh
Marsh
February 21, 2011 5:45 pm

What are they going to d owhen no more TSN.ESPN folks will be allowed on 640?

February 21, 2011 10:10 pm

It has been interesting to hear McCown talk a bit about the changes that PTS will probably be making in the near future:

– they are building a studio at Sportsnet for PTS therefore it will no longer originate from the 590 radio studios

– there will no longer be any phone calls between 3:00 and 4:00 (McCown currently takes calls on Mondays and Fridays during that hour)

– there will apparently be a roundtable on Mondays but not on Fridays anymore

McCown used to always say that PTS is a radio show that just happens to be aired on television………..but some of these changes might be turning it into more of a TV show that is aired on radio

Chris F.
Chris F.
February 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Well Bob’s never really been big on telephone calls anyways so that’s not a big deal to me. As for the studio thing? Well if you watch the US networks with their simulcast of radio most are done in a separate studio or at least a bigger than usual radio studio. I’m guessing the model that Sportsnet will follow would be how Mike Francesca’s (sp?) show is like on the YES network. It’s a little bigger than your regular ol’ radio studio but there’s enough of the radio trappings in the presentation.

February 22, 2011 1:15 am

Interesting, Mike..

Good for McCown for sticking to his guns about the calls.

I enjoy the Friday roundtable though. Not sure why they’re dumping that.

I think it’s a smart move by Sportsnet to incorporate McCown into the network. He’s better and more recognizable than anyone else there, and it seemed like they had an antagonistic relationship for a while.

Rome
Rome
February 22, 2011 10:44 am

I always thought he did the call segments as good as anybody. I like the roundtable too, it’s probably my favorite shows (with of course the right guests) the Friday show was always like a week in review type thing and a good listen.

Marsh, I don’t know what will happen on that part. But it might be okay for them. I don’t think either side views 640 as direct competition so either might allow some of their people on their show. Especially people from the TV side.

Phil S
Phil S
February 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Why is yesterday’s episode of PTS not yet available in podcast (on website or in iTunes)? Blair’s show from today (let alone yesterday) is already up there.

They’re not actually thinking about trying to start charging for this are they? If so they are sorely mistaken about how good their show is. Only about 2 segments per 3 hours worthwhile.

James
James
February 22, 2011 4:07 pm

I would prefer absolutely no calls period, but at least getting PTS without them is amazing. They detract from whichever show they are on, and as PTS is the best they hurt the most on it.

Not sure why Monday instead of Friday, but Mike are you sure that is happening? I almost got the impression he was joking and it was a one-time deal, and he simply joked about switching to that format regularly.

Who knows, although I can always hope for two weekly round tables instead of one considering they are going to TV full-time and dropping calls.

February 22, 2011 9:07 pm

James…………I am not sure about the moving of the roundtables but I have heard McCown make reference to it more than once…………….I guess we will have to wait and see…………I always liked when they had a roundtable on Mondays (to discuss the events of the weekend) and also on Fridays (for a week in review) as long as the guests were decent

February 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Just heard ‘The Whiner Line’. Made me cringe. Ugh.

Suckwinder Passwinder
Suckwinder Passwinder
February 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Is It just me?
Or Is Rogers/Sports net (aka Robbers) website just a joke??
If you want current sports news that site is like the 5 th choice!!

James
James
February 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah Rogers is way, way behind the curve with online content, and its going to hurt them worse and worse in the long run.

Rome
Rome
February 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Daniel, They took the concept right down to the name of it, right out of WGR.

Raptors Devotee
February 23, 2011 5:20 pm

I did the TSN survey today. Very interesting. # of questions rating the sports personalities currently on the radio at the FAN plus asking how I feel about the TSN personalities and how they would fare on the radio.

Shocking to see how TSN ignores basketball. They cut out from the All-Star game before the MVP award was announced so they could get to Sportsdesk and out of at least 40 names or so only Jack Armstrong is a basketball guy. They are pretty much all hockey with a sprinkling of football followed by other sports.

Suckwinder Passwinder
Suckwinder Passwinder
February 23, 2011 5:42 pm

@ Raptors D ..HUH?? TSN cuts out to go to sportsdesk??
did you forget the medds today??

Pat MaGroin
Pat MaGroin
February 23, 2011 6:00 pm

TSN Ignores Basketball?
TSN has too much b-ball on tsn & tsn2 and on sportscenter..

Raptors Devotee
February 23, 2011 6:02 pm

I was referring to how TSN as soon as the NBA All-Star game ended went immediately to their Sportscentre. It was still somewhat debatable who would win the MVP award for the game, as Lebron had a triple double, and Kobe had a solid game on the winning side.

For them not to stick with the announcement for the MVP was bush league, and demonstrated once again how basketball is just filler for them. I am not alone, as a lot of people watching were upset by it.

Why I am dignifying you with an answer based on what you wrote I have no idea, but am elabrating for others if I was not completely clear on what happened.

Tom
Tom
February 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Bob made mention today that his contract was up the year. Would love to see him make the jump to TSN Radio so I can jettison The Fan completely.
The Whiner Line is a joke.
Greg Brady and Jim Lang together are painful. Jim, quit interrupting!!

James
James
February 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Tom are you somehow listening to TSN radio before its even out yet?