Poll Question Of The Day

Many of you have asked if or when I am bringing back the TSM Pressbox. So here’s the scoop. I have been fortunate to do the show at the studios of the college of sports media here in Toronto. There is but one problem as you can imagine and that is getting the guests to commit to coming in to an actual studio. So it appears to me the solution is to do studio shows when possible and in the interim use talkshoe to do the shows remotely. The upside to talkshoe is that those of you who are interested can participate. The downside is that the show just isn’t nearly as good, audio quality wise.

In any event, the question of the day is, and it’s open ended, who would you like to me to try to interview. I make no promises, but send in your lists and we will go from there.

@yyzsportsmedia

March 4, 2011 12:22 pm

McCown is an obvious one I’m sure you’ve already thought of.

I find his career path really interesting though. Started off as a golf pro I think?

mario
mario
March 4, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for your time I think it is a great idea…. seeing with all the changes in sports radio and T.V how about those in the know. Here are a few names Keith Pelly,Don Kollins,who ever the suits are at TSN,CBC and some of the more popular radio and T.V personalites eg. McCowan,Landsgerg,Richards and Melnick…..

MwG64
MwG64
March 4, 2011 5:33 pm

I think a great interview would be Bryan Hayes and his father.It maybe a little to soon but the story of a father being replaced by his son is intriguing to me.

There are a few young less cynical reporters out there that would be interesting Madani,Mirtle,and Marek to name afew.

The rest of the old guard has said enough already and sometimes i wonder why they are still doing the job they do ?If they dislike everyone and everything in sports! its time to get out!

March 4, 2011 6:04 pm

One more thought – how about the producer of PTS to hear how the show is put together?

lt67
lt67
March 4, 2011 8:31 pm

Don Kollins would be interesting.

I was going to say Andrew Krystal but…I’d probably be compelled to turn it off.

Chalie Sheen? #winning #tigerblood

Howard Berger? Would be funny…you can ask him about his new toy…the camera he uses for every tweet.

Erin Andrews…probably not worth it unless you add video.

Bruce Dowbiggin….seeing you go toe-to-toe with him would be fantastic.

If my suggestions above don’t work….Any one of Brunt, Blair, Kypreos, MacKenzie and Grange would be good.

March 5, 2011 8:49 am

i asked this in a previous thread: who is PD at TSN RADIO? i’m a little surprised we don’t know who is running the show over there. anyway, if you were able to track this person down then any kind of interview would be great.

on an unrelated topic, the FAN’s iOS app is terrible. it’s hard to believe that the little radio station in Buffalo can develop a proper app while Rogers flails away.

quick poll: most hated Canadian company – Rogers or Air Canada?

Steve
Steve
March 5, 2011 1:01 pm

@ Mike (in Boston):

(C) – MLSE

Cam
Cam
March 5, 2011 1:35 pm

Mike In Boston – Bell Canada

I think some of the print guys like Grange, Arthur, Mirtle, Brunt, Griffin would have interesting views on the changing landscape

March 5, 2011 1:50 pm

just got caught up on the few interesting segments from PTS this week and i have to admit that Cox (hi Damian!) is really adding something of value to the show. during the interview re: the criminal records of NCAA athletes Cox asked all the relevant questions that i, as a listener, was wondering about.

it’s really great to have a trained journalist on the show. Brunt is great too, but Cox has been a massive upgrade over Shannon. there were so many past interviews where i found myself wishing that Brunt was on instead of Shannon. Cox has really surprised me in his ability to keep his personality and opinions in check, and just focus on asking intelligent questions. great work Damian.

March 5, 2011 2:39 pm

Lt67 is right about Berger……………is there anyone more annoying on Twitter than him?…………..he feels the need to attach a meaningless photo to everything he posts…………like Lt67 said, he is like a kid with a new toy

It is not his fault that 590 decided not to send him on most Leaf road trips anymore………….but that doesn’t mean he has to take photos of the games on his television and post them on Twitter………..I am not sure why I ever followed him in the first place but it didn’t take long for me to unfollow him