Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is Stephen Brunt
– Lester Munson
– Gregg Zaun
– Nick Kypreos
– Joe Frazer
– Timothy Danson

On 640 with Brian Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

– Pierre McGuire (TSN Hockey Insider)

– Dennis Beyak (Maple Leafs’ Play-by-Play)

– Larry Merchant of HBO

mario
mario
March 8, 2011 5:50 pm

Primetime sports at it very best tonight… what a great line-up…To have Lester Munson on to give to ins and out about the NFL labour talks and posible collusion was great.. hopefully he will be able to continue on PTS and others from ESPN…
Also to have Joe Frazer on the 40 th aniversary the the great Frazer – Ali fight… great interview and good questions by Brunt and McCown even thought it was a little hard to understand Frazer at times it was very insightfull…
TSN will have a long and hard fight to catch and beat PTS… OUTSTANDING….

dsscpu
dsscpu
March 8, 2011 9:36 pm

Maybe the 4-6 hour was strong, but the opening with Krystal today was perhaps the WORST segment McCown and PTS have EVER had! I didn’t appreciate the topic nor the comments that Krystal got Bobcat going on… STICK WITH SPORTS, if I wanted to hear talk radio for guys I would go to 640 Toronto…

March 8, 2011 10:22 pm

I think Jeff Blair set an unofficial Toronto sports radio record today…………for the 43rd day in a row he started his show with an hour of calls about the Leafs

Yes I am exaggerating………….but not by much

Rome
Rome
March 8, 2011 10:55 pm

Dss, I’d go a step further, it was up there as the worst segment I’ve heard in radio (well I don’t listen to Krystal so no clue how much awful I am not catching) It sounded like a couple of guys being thrown into overnight community radio with no preparation, skills or talent.

If you watched it on SN1, it seriously looked like a Beavis and Butthead (without any of the humor) TWENTY damn minute of “huh huh women sports stink” “unless they are hot huh huh” “huh huh hot women are good” “won’t watch women sports huh huh”

The rest of the show was ruined after that sorry first segment, it’s like going to a comedy show and the first jokes fell so flat that can never get me back on track with them for the rest of the set. I was looking forward to Zaun who literally got a couple of minutes at the last segment of the second hour. So Krystal gets twenty minutes to talk about absolute crap, but Zaun gets 448 to 450 to talk about his retirement.

If I was Brady and that first segment reflects what Krystal does during the afternoon (I have not been listening, when I put it on it’s been a bore when Krystal was on) I would DEMAND my name be removed from the timespot from the site or bumper intro, I would want my name furthest thing away from Krystal act. At least I been catching up on Jim rome show, some have compared Krystal with Jim, I say NO WAY. Krystal the type of guy who would call up Jim and would be run off the line by the buzzer after his second take due to being a brutal call.

Raptors Devotee
Raptors Devotee
March 9, 2011 7:59 am

I was disgusted by the complete male chauvinism displayed by both McCown/Krystal. I was able to catch it on tv, which made it that much worse. This is not the first time this topic has been discussed. McCown has doen this before with Kirke when Kirke was meeting Anna Kournikova at the Rogers Cup and I was equally repulsed. All I can say is the topic matter strayed to areas I was not comfortable listening to, highlighted by McCown describing the details of Gabby Sabitini sweating and the type of woman he likes (and I use that term loosely).

I have two daughters and am not being a prude, but I would not want those two guys walkinf down the street gawking at my daughters in 10 years time, that is for sure.

Why is Krystal on the air anyways. I would have turned it off but was so repulsed by the subject matter I watched, kind of like a car wreck.

I love Lester Munson. He is so awesome.

Frazier was worth listening to, even with the difficulty in understanding everything he said. Brunt knows boxing literally better than anyone I have ever listened to. Amazing, and that is from someone who covers so many sports.

Cam
Cam
March 9, 2011 10:10 am

I had a logical break, thought I would listen to PTS and it was the Krystal segment. Turned it off, got busy on other things and did not get back to the show until the end of the Frazier segment.

Raptors Devotee there-in lays the dilemma – tough through it or turn it off. In past I may have been more inclined to tough through, but now the Fan-SRO has made it too easy for me to switch it off. Problem is now the time it takes to tune back to it is getting longer.

PBI
PBI
March 9, 2011 11:10 am

It’s incredible to see the lengths they are going to in order to shove Krystal down our throat, three different timeslots, multiple opportunities to open PTS with Bob, etc.

Just give it up, Kollins.

headsup
headsup
March 9, 2011 1:26 pm

I just happened to catch the Krystal segment. I personally didn’t find the topic offensive, but I can appreciate how others would. I appreciated Bobcat’s reference to Krystal as “Thing 1.” Definitely a shot at Krystal, and possibly a shot at Kollins/Rogers Media (I enjoyed his Rogers telemarketer rant too).

The Bobcat is a pro at the deadpan/sarcastic tone. Krystal can’t seem to make up his mind if he wants to be the super-hyper shock-jock, or the deadpan sarcastic type. In my humble opinion, Krystal can’t seem to pull off either successfully. That first segment reminded me of the campus radio show that my buddy and I volunteered to do a few years back, but with two exceptions. 1. We didn’t set out to be a sports talk show, and 2. we were funny, or at least entertaining (or at least those who listened to us could tell we were glad to be there). The Bobcat seemed to check out of that segment. I bet he was just counting down the minutes until Brunt came in and he could deliver the type and quality of program that only Bob can. Give it up Kollins, please?

March 9, 2011 1:40 pm

I don’t believe it was Krystal that McCown referred to as “Thing 1”

For several weeks now McCown has been referring to Keith Pelley as “Thing 1” and Scott Moore as “Thing 2″……………..I have no idea what it means or why he is doing that

dsscpu
dsscpu
March 9, 2011 1:43 pm

It’s McCown being funny by making a ‘Cat in the Hat’ reference instead of saying Pelley and Moore on air.

The theory being in the book, Thing 1 and Thing 2 cause all this chaos for the Cat in the Hat to clean-up. Bobcat is the Cat who has to clean up Pelley’s and Moore’s mess.

At least that is what I have taken from it over the last few months, especially when they explicit made reference to the Cat in the Hat on Monday during the Moore/Tom Wright UFC Segment.

headsup
headsup
March 9, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah Mike, I think you’re analogy is right. Thanks for clearing that up.

March 9, 2011 3:17 pm

Krystal being offensive doesn’t really bother me. Its radio and he’s trying to entertain.

What bothers me much more is when his show is totally boring. Every time I listen he asks some variation of ‘can the Leafs make the playoffs’ or he’s talking about headshots or something. Then, not only are his topics uninspired, but he doesn’t know enough about sports to offer any insight on them. When he tries to talk sports there’s really no point listening (and I think he’s given up even trying talking Jays, Raptors or Football).

If The Fan is going to put Krystal on, then they may as well have him do a quasi sports show. Let him do some news/pop culture/science/whatever. He’s too far out of his comfort zone talking sports.

March 9, 2011 3:23 pm

Also I caught the beginning of HC at Noon today. Kypreos and MacClean were elluding that Brady may no longer be the host of the show. Its hard to tell if it was serious or not.

Maybe this means they’re finally giving Brady the morning show?

lagerandale
lagerandale
March 9, 2011 5:53 pm

Why is the Bobcat even letting AK on his show? That I don’t understand. Does he have pictures of McCown or something? Thats not the first time he has tried to pump up Krystal. One other thing, I really appreciate Doug McLeans insight but stick to hockey please.

March 9, 2011 7:08 pm

as someone who listens only on podcasts it’s nice to know i can skip the first hour without missing anything of value.

the only times i turn PTS off are when McCown demonstrates contempt for his audience, either by being completely disingenuous in the things he says, or by using the show simply as a chance to chat with his pals about things that would be of no interest to anyone else. i have skipped more segments in the last 6 months than ever before.

TSN is not going to overtake PTS but they do have a chance to set a higher standard for the 3-6 (4-7) slot than PTS. I can’t imagine people who tune in for intelligent sports talk sticking around for the FOB show, if there is something else for them to listen to. part of me is a little sad about this, given how great PTS can be when Bob actually feels like trying. hopefully he finds some inner motivation once TSN is around to push him.