Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is Michael Grange
– Orlando Franklin Canadian NFL prospect
– Greg Zaun
-TBA

On 640 with Brian Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4;40 – Dave Poulin (Maple Leafs’ VP of Hockey Operations)

5:05 – Ray Ferraro (TSN Hockey Insider)

5:45 – Ariel Helwani (mmafighting.com)

6:05 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)

March 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Apparently Grange is PTS co-host for all of this week………….it’s probably because Cox is down in Florida listening to rhetoric from NHL general managers………….if they needed a fill-in I’m surprised they didn’t go with Shannon…………hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Also, it seems like Grange has also been on just about every Friday PTS roundtable for the last month or two…………I wonder if he has signed some kind of agreement with Rogers

mario
mario
March 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Good move to have Grange fill in…. I think he and Bruce Arthur from the Post like on this Fridays past round table really bring out the best in McCowan and informative to watch…Also good discussion today on the possible sale of MLSE and who are the potential buyers…open to all $$$…

Over on am 640 Bill Watters had his take on the possible sale he’s of the option that Bell is the front runners… could it be sour grapes he is no longer on Rogers Sportsnet and is hoping to catch on with TSN seeing there are always on his show….Hmmmm!!

March 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Grange is great.

Glad to hear Rogers signed up Gregg Zaun. I think Rogers has really improved the Jays on air product in the last year or so. If Zaun can sort of be the Nick Kypreos for baseball, that would be excellent.

lagerandale
lagerandale
March 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I guess the deal for Zaun includes 24 games as analyst on the radio. Is it just so Ashby can have some time off or is this a sign of things to come?

March 14, 2011 7:10 pm

I believe Ashby will be doing TV work when he is not on radio………..in fact I think he might even do play-by-play when Buck Martinez has another commitment

March 14, 2011 7:18 pm

That’s right, Mike.

Buck does some games for TBS. So for those, Ashby moves to TV, Zaun goes to radio. HUGE upgrade over Sam Cosentino, who filled in for Buck last year (no offense to him). Ashby is outstanding.

lagerandale
lagerandale
March 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Dok
Dok
March 14, 2011 7:55 pm

No mention of jay Triano on Sid and Tim:uncut on the score? He seemed to make a good accounting of himself and did shy away from questions.

The sports media game in Toronto is more then the big two radio station. The score is making itself a player with it’s non- traditional “new media” approach. Too many people are sleeping on them and should give them a chance.

Jus my opinion

Sam In Scarbrough
Sam In Scarbrough
March 14, 2011 8:33 pm

On the Sowny board today quoted by Nevin Grant.

For the past 5 BBM PPM sweeps THE FAN has been trending steadily downward …5 PPM sweeps ago the CJCL share of all tuning 2+ in the Toronto CMA read a 3.1 …… Since then over the next four books up to now the shares read: 2.8 to a 2.6 to a 2.5 now at a 2.4 … and the new opposition is still a month away!!! Talk about self-destruction ….

Sam In Scarbrough
Sam In Scarbrough
March 14, 2011 10:17 pm
Bob
Bob
March 14, 2011 10:20 pm

The Zaun interview was the most refreshing analysis of the Jay’s that I have heard in years. (and I am not a Jay’s Fan) He was right on at the developement of the pitching staff. He commented that It will be more than one year for this team to be a serious contender, for more reasons that there is space for here. I read somewhere last week about the Toronto Media being too negative. Actually I find the opposite. They write and talk of unattainable expectations, and then dump on eveyone when they are not met. Greg keep up your honest opinions and you will be fine.

Point #2
I caught the “Off the Record” interview with Burke. Amazing the reply that Murphy’s boss C. Campbell whould not have any influence on his decision is unbelievable, and then Burke attacks him for even suggesting such a thing. Michael should have asked Burke if he has any wedding pictures of him dragging his Bride into the cave by her hair. (probably Burkes club would have been a hockey stick!)

Tom
Tom
March 15, 2011 12:08 am

Grange will be better once his voice changes post puberty. Right now he sounds like a bad Ray Romano impersonator.

Rome
Rome
March 15, 2011 9:38 am

I was about to freak out when I saw Zaun being on the 440 time spot again, glad they kept in for the top of the hour as well.

I thought Cosentino was irritating as a side line reporter, but was surprisingly decent as a PBP guy. But saying that Ashby is still a step up.

I think Grange is very good as co-host. There never been this kind of depth in recent memory for PTS. Damo, Brunt, Grange, Arthur can all go in there and I don’t think you skip much of a beat.

Rob in Aurora
Rob in Aurora
March 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Love today’s girl – (I hate that bikini and the eye makeup though)…Having made a sexist remark, I will say that I listened to McCown “pants” himself about women’s sports on Friday’s podcast. He’s been hanging with Krystal too long. Bob, where is the filter dude? That was cringeworthy and your co-hosts threw out their shoulders trying to heave you a lifeline. Swim for it next time.
Jennifer Botterill retired yesterday. To that I say “no one cares” and yet I still think McCown made himself look really, really bad on Friday…

Don’t tell me you’re age is showing that badly…

TSN Radio is coming. I see this not ending well for the FAN given the ratings books. (Just saying). It is about time. Listeners remember: Competition is good for the consumer.