Bikini OTD Sports Radio Tonight

Here’s your bikini of the day from GetABikini.com

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Damien Cox’s co-host from 4:00 to 6:00 is
– Doug Smith
– Gord Stellick
– Michael Grange

On 640 with Brian Hayes and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

TBA

Sam In Scarbrough
Sam In Scarbrough
March 26, 2011 10:40 am

Is fan/590 really an improvement over a year ago?
Spin the wheel,two crowns one Farraway as host
Spin again, two spades one Lajoie as host
Again,one heart one club one Cox as host
Two anchors and Mallard as host
And co-hosts..whom ever happens to walk in the door at the right time with 3 Tim’s double doubles gets a chair and headphones?
I can only imagine the amount of loyal listeners they are attracting.

Rob
Rob
March 26, 2011 8:05 pm

No, not an improvement if you ask me…the morning show is slightly better (needed change -its not stroger, just different)

March 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Well, just to be devils advocate..

Farraway, Lajoie and Cox are all fill ins.. So even if you don’t like those guys, you probably won’t have to listen to them host much.

And if I remember right…TSM wrote that the station did fairly well in the last ratings period (particularly Blair).

(Yeah…not going to argue about Millard though. I find that show super boring).

March 26, 2011 10:07 pm

I agree with J P J H………uh, I mean Daniel………..guys like Farraway and Lajoie were fill-ins last year and are fill-ins this year so I’m not sure how someone can say 590 is worse this year because of them.

The two most important shows (morning and drive home) on 590 are better than they were last year………..Stellick/Landry were getting old and stale while Brady/Lang are younger and more refreshing………..and PTS is better simply because Shannon is no longer a key guy

The 9-12 timeslot has been a slight upgrade and has potential to get even better…………Blair is definitely a more interesting host than Hogan but I miss a lot of the frequent guests that Hogan’s show had (Lee Hamilton, Kevin Allen, Kevin Paul Dupont, etc)

The noon hockey show is pretty much the same as last year, although it is only 1 hour now

On the negative side, having Krystal from 1-3 is an enormous downgrade on what they had last year (hockey show at 1:00, Game Plan at 2:00)………….and the jury is still out on moving PTS up an hour…………..the 6 PM hour is still a bit of a head scratcher

March 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Bruce Artthur said on Twitter tonight that he will be on The Reporters tomorrow morning on TSN2…………I wonder if this is an indication that he might end up on the TSN side of the Sportsnet-TSN battle?…………….if that happens we won’t be hearing him on 590 anymore, which would be a major blow to PTS

March 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Am I getting cyber stalked here or what? Hah. Kidding. Yeah, that’s me. I comment at the Globe, here and Drunk Jays Fans. Here by far the most, I’d say.

Interesting about Bruce Arthur. If TSN snags him, they should offer him a radio co host spot somewhere.

March 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Jack Armstrong might be an interesting choice for TSN radio – if his schedule would work. I thought he was very good on The Game Plan. I’d DEFINITELY listen to him over Krystal.

Gerry(Burlington)
Gerry(Burlington)
March 28, 2011 7:57 am

On a different topic. Read Mundhar’s review of the Score at the Star. It read like an infommercial for that station. I understand the premise of the article. As he was describing that the Score is in a battle with TSN/Sportsnet, but they are choosing a different course. (Or perhaps more accurately, have no choice, as they cannot compete with the 2 big boys on live sports acquisition).

But after the first paragraph is becomes an advertorial for the score. And as everyone pointed out, the local Electronic Game reviewer has tried to bring his area of expertise into the story as an analogy.

TSM, if you could get an interview with Chris Z it would be interesting to find out, why they replaced him with a “Gamer”.

As for Farraway, I feel he is a radio guy that happens to work at a sports station. His sports knowledge is so shallow, to me it is obvious this guy never played anything more than dodgeball (and he was the target) so now he is getting his chance to “play sports”