Morning Drive Lineups

Trying something new, if you want them, I will try to post them:

On TSN Radio 1050

Mike Richards with:

Martin Tyler – Sky Sports
Mike Williamson
Pierre McGuire
Sean Foley
Darren Dreger
Ashleigh MacIvor

On Sportsnet Radio Fan 590 Brady and Lang in the morning:

Greg Brady and Jim Lang:
– Lyndsey Vanstone (girl who wanted to be Charlie Sheen intern, now doing work for TMZ) 5:45
– Jack Armstrong Raptors Analyst 6:45
– Eric Francis of Hockey Night in Canada and Calgary Sun – 7:20
– Shi Davidi of Sportsnet -7:45
– Jim Courier Former Tennis World #1 and Analyst – 8:05
– Dan Murphy of Sportsnet Pacific Reporter – 8:25

mario
mario
April 15, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks TSM….now at least try to get to a radio at work at certain times…keep up the good work…any word on 640am and their future?…

The Meatriarchy
April 15, 2011 7:44 am

Both stations so boring this morning I am already wishing for a third option.

Rob in Aurora
Rob in Aurora
April 15, 2011 8:14 am

I can’t believe you like The Fan’s hockey noon show! McLean and Kypreos are so arrogant – (about what? No idea)…Neither of them are any good at what the do now. McLean was an abject failure as a GM, Kypreos made a carrer as a fringe player/goon – and they both take turns tag teaming millard like two schoolyard bullies…the show makes me cringe

Rome
Rome
April 15, 2011 11:58 am

Poor Richards they took half a segment trying to connect with the Sky Sports guy. It was a bunch of “Are you there, Are you there” no? How about now. They have a lot of smart soccer guys here (especially Jason Devos on TSN now) not sure why you have to go so far away to talk about what’s going on in the soccer in Europe.

Capn2patch
Capn2patch
April 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Drive by comment…

A tip of the cap to TSM for staying on top of what’s current in this blog. Thanks

…if we could only get a bikini once in a while 🙁

Darren
Darren
April 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Just noticed TSN Radio is now on Bell Express Vu, channel 995 (TSN RADIO-CHUM-AM)

Adhish
Adhish
April 15, 2011 3:47 pm

What is this BIG announcement by Bobcat today??

When is Shulman going to male his debut on TSN radio?

miracleviolence
miracleviolence
April 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Bobcat just announced Monday at 6 the “Toronto Presidential Summit” w/ Burke,Colango, and Beeston all together.

April 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah, wow. Burke, Collangelo, Beeston all in studio Monday from 6 to 7.

Mike
Mike
April 15, 2011 4:03 pm

When is the bikini of the day coming back?

Andrew
Andrew
April 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Not necessarily related to the media but I’d love to see Burke invite the other two to walk in the Pride parade with him.

Rob in Aurora
Rob in Aurora
April 15, 2011 4:07 pm

A Presidential “summit”? – Why? 3 great guests who should have our undivided attention, all with separate an distinct issues and challenges.
Good guests, really dumb idea.

If I am TSN, I am lobbying for Colangelo and Beeston separately – The Burke interview was a win for TSN and Cybulski – and better than any I’ve heard with Burke yet – McCown could learn a few things from listening to it (Like not brown nosing and fawning in person, then bashing them on air later)

mario
mario
April 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Sorry to disagree with Rob in Aurora but I think this is a great idea we have all heard these guests countless number of times separately…but to have all 3 interact collectively and talk openly with different ideas pertaining to there individual sports will make for great radio…also cannot think of a better person(s) to do this kind of interview than McCowan…what a great hour…

Chris
Chris
April 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I don’t see how this turns out anything but great, either. I’ll be tuning in for sure.

Mike
Mike
April 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Rome says…

—————————-

Wow. Martin Tyler is an absolute legend. Connection issues suck – but if TSN is going to be pulling these types of guys to talk soccer, it’s 100x better than getting someone local.

Terry
Terry
April 16, 2011 10:34 am

Rob – you must work for TSN given your love for everything they do. Im a big fan of hockeycentral so everytime you knock it on here it bothers me. You know they were so good they got another show cancelled right???? On the TSN side i do have to say that Brian Hayes kid seems like a rising star. He has been most impressive tsn guy so far to me.

Rob in Aurora
Rob in Aurora
April 16, 2011 10:54 am

Terry – I didn’t know we were dating, let alone married…(when my wife dies or dumps me, you can apply for the job – otherwise pipe down). Trust me, my opinions should not hurt your feelings so badly. They are just opinions (which we are both entitled to) – there is no accounting for tastes and preferences. This is sports radio, not politics or religeon…

Rome
Rome
April 16, 2011 11:52 am

Hey Mike thanks for the word on Tyler. I didn’t know who he was so for me any soccer talk is good so was dissapointed when it didn’t go through due to tech issues. But if he’s as good as you say, I stand corrected and hope it doesn’t discourage them in trying in the future.

Terry
Terry
April 17, 2011 12:57 am

ha! if we were married id tell you to turn the channel off TSN once in awhile!! Fair point though. i just disagree.. not sure about this piping down thing though

Rob In Aurora
Rob In Aurora
April 18, 2011 8:50 am

Final thoughts – I’m not in love with TSN – there are a few weak links there (Dutchy is really annoying – but he’s better than any male host on SN)
…SN is just so awful in everything they do – and the FAN, other than a few personalities is really bad radio too. It is time for some real competition on radio. TSN has been beating SN’s brains in for years on TV, hopefully they can do better on radio too (they have the ESPN relationship to leverage)…right now, they’ve already won the mid day as far as I’m concerned. I am not a McCown fan at all – not Cox (I like Brunt) – so I will listen to Cybulski (If he keeps hitting HRs like the Burke interview, it won’t be close). Brady and Lange are better than Richards so far….This is all MHO, so no more darts please