Monday Morning Toronto Drive Sports Radio

Here’s your Monday drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

7:25 – Doug MacLean of Hockey Central
8:05 – Blue Jays Manager John Farrell
8:45 – New York Islander and Member of Canada’s World Team John Tavares

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

Stephen Ames
Pierre McGuire
AlanFrew
Farhan Lalji
Darren Dreger

@yyzsportsmedia

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 12
  • comment-avatar
    Dileno 9 years ago

What the hell was that barber story that Brady was going on about? What a mess

MwG64 9 years ago

I tuned to Little boy Brady during the segment on Jon Gruden.I am a Gruden fan as well but his i am always right rant on potential 1st rounder Cam Newton was classic Brady…Jim Lang did a great job of sticking to his guns on this one which was great to see!I know Brady does some work in the UK for the NFL.But i will take the side of the guy who lives football!

Did you ever wonder if the media guys visit this site?Well yes they do!…Greg Brady has blocked me as a follower on Twitter.He said he did not like me ripping him on this site!Way to man up!!

Drumanchor 9 years ago

Alan Frew???? From Glass Tiger? On sports radio? Let me guess…he’s talking about all of his “mates” in professional sports. Will he stop at nothing to be in the limelight?

Rob In Aurora 9 years ago

Agreed: Alan Frew is annoying…

I don’t mind Brady, but he does have the same overly opinionated slant when he is ranting as Don Landry had on that show – It’s like they have this “if you disagree with me, you must be an idiot” tone in their voice…(Like some habitual Liberal voters I’ve met). It almost makes you want to take the opposite opinion with them just for shitz & giggles. I find it really offputting.

A good radio host will throw an idea out there to provoke some good dialogue, but when they use their forum to preach (rant) it can be a real turn off…Rants need to have an element of humour, or tongue in cheek – Landry used to get listeners calling to disagree and he would yell and pout (Brady has the same approach – McCown often does the same thing…Mike Wilner has that down pat too as if it’s in his job description)…These guys need to realize that their opinions don’t matter one bit – save it for the bar after work – when enough people stop calling, you guys are not needed any more.

Rob In Aurora 9 years ago

Here’s a funny Glass Tiger story:
    A guy is working in the Beer Store at Yonge and Davis in Newmarket. He was a great guitarist in highschool and the lead guitarist from GT comes in the store and acts all arrogant pretending not to remember the beer store guy…when he comes to the cash and hands over the 2-4, the beer store guy says “You want me to sign that for you? ” The GT gutarist looks at him puzzled. The beer store guy says “I’m the best gutiarist either of us knows that came out of Newmarket, I thought you’d want me to sign it”…The line at the cash cracked up…

julian 9 years ago

MWG64 or Mike In Barrie before you switched your handle after I questioned your literacy (lack of) skills?

Why do you listen if you hate him?

You have another choice now.

I always wondered that about Krystal. If you listen, why complain now that there’s options.

I had no interest in Landry, Hogan, Krystal now, so I don’t listen, so all the comments like that amuse you.

If you insult the guy, of course he’d block you on twitter. Cox and Dreger do it all the time.

You must not be smart if you listen a show and despise the host. Am I alone? I was like that with Watters at one point, and gave up. Now I have no idea what he’s said or done the last 6 months. It feels good!

dsscpu 9 years ago

Could had really used a Bikini OTD to start the day off right

Sam In Scarb 9 years ago

So, I flip on 590 to hear Jays Talk after the game and I hear Willner & krystal…FLIP..I can only assume Willner Is still being punished for “expressing his opinion” last year. What cruel punishment!

MwG64 9 years ago

Hey Julian… I think you are Brady!!Time to come out!!

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

seriously? that seems pretty petty, if what you say is accurate. did he cite a particular comment?

Brady is a public figure and, as i understand it, twitter is basically a medium for self-promotion when you are a public figure. I wonder if the FAN has a problem with him blocking listeners.

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

You must not be smart if you listen a show and despise the host. Am I alone?

well i think it depends. take Wilner for example. He has a monopoly on Jays related discussion right after the game, so if you want to talk or hear about the team or the game then you have to do it on his show, and on his terms. that can be aggravating if the host comports himself like a douche. you’d still listen, but you’d also come here and complain about it.

i suspect the same would be true if the host has a guest you want to hear, or is discussing a topic you care about.

MwG64 9 years ago

I am a big twitter guy..I am on all day everyday!I know get a life!Anyway when the 3rd Fockers move came out Brady went off on how these movies were going to define De Niro’s career.So i asked him if he believed half the Sh*t that come out of his mouth….Around the same time Jeff Blair was calling people “pussy” on his twitter which i thought was all in fun!So i finished my tweet with it!So Brady calls me out for swearing on twitter and blocks me!
    So i change my twitter name and try again.After reading my comments on this site we exchange a few tweets where he calls me out and then he blocks me again?A little thin skinned i would say!

I agree with you Mike (in Boston) can you really block everyone who disagrees with your comments?Guys like Damospin and Brady who make comments that rile people up are going to get some backlash.
    And as for my listening choices…I think i can decide for myself who i listen to, and why i listen!!And as long as this site is here. I will continue to make comments.It is your choice read them .
    On a positive note ..Two great guys to listen to. Are Bruce Arthur and Bryan Hayes…Both now on TSN Radio..They both will reply to your question and are really entertaining.