Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is Stephen Brunt
4:00 Darren Rovell, CNBC4:20-4:50 Damien Cox, PTS Co-host & Toronto Star5:21 Alan Ashby, Voice of the Jays Over the Line from the Dome5:41 Scott Mitchell, Ti-Cats President6:00 Glenn Healy, Hockey Night In Canada6:30 Ray Bourque, Hockey Hall Of Famer & soon to be Canadian Sports Hall Of Famer6:40 Peter Alter, Archivist at the Chicago History Museum
On TSN Radio 1050

Darren Dreger

Gary Bettman at 5:30

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

– Bobby Taylor on the Penguins-Lightning series

– Scott Burnside of ESPN on hockey

– Joe Micheletti on the Rangers-Capitals series

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 14
  • comment-avatar
    Adhish 9 years ago

What a great interview by Cybaluski and Co on TSN radio!! They are going to surpass the FAN very soon. Hard hitting questions and no creampuff questions like “what is your favourite book” or what is your favourite colour”. What a difference when an interview is done by someone who KNOWS sports!!

• comment-avatar

The comments on this site are becoming really partisan!

I’m not saying that’s bad necessarily, just funny.

• comment-avatar

Cybaluski? Give me a break… McCowan has forgotten more about sports then he will ever know…Hockey..Hockey .. Hockey thats all they think know over there… TSN radio is not that good..

Mike S 9 years ago

Here is one of the questions that Feschuk asked Bettman on 1050 today:

“Gary, why don’t you talk to Jim Balsillie to see if he can be the one who saves the Coyotes for Phoenix?”

Does Adhish really think this was a good question by someone who “knows hockey” ??

Bettman has not been on PTS for several years because he didn’t like the questions from McCown/Brunt the last time he was on…………I don’t think he would avoid being on PTS if all he got was “creampuff” questions

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

i’ve been catching up on PTS podcasts and i have to confess that the horse may already out of the barn over there. the FOB era may end up ruining a previously great show.

case in point: they had Elliott on to talk about the Jays, and after 3 minutes of useless self-indulgent banter Eliottt confesses that he hadn’t watched the most recent game, and then proceeded to ask Brunt and Bob to fill him in on the boxscore so he could comment on it.

as a listener this kind of low standard is a colossal turn off.

• comment-avatar

just like on TV TSN is the king of Sports media and no different on radio. il stick with TSN. can’t wait for the hard launch come September!

Bryan 9 years ago

I agree with Mike, he shouldn’t have been on if he knew nothing about the game that had been played the last day. I haven’t really seen any articles from Elliott this year which makes me think he might be retiring soon. Still, if you’re going to go on a radio show and not know anything of the latest Jays game then what are you really coming on for.

• comment-avatar

I have to admit that I heard that interview with Bob Elliott and I honestly thought he was drunk. He was barely coherent. I think Bob M. and Steven (I think it was Steven…can’t remember though) realized it was a really bad segment too. It sounded awkward.

Fluffy 9 years ago

Just caught the c-ball interview with Colin Campbell. Boy did cc let his guard down. Can’t remember an executive sounding that unprofessional since Jp laid in to woolner about Adam Dunn. Ironically he did a great (candid,insightful) interview with Mccowan the night before. Seemed to be pissed at tsn and more interested in reprimanding the young c ball. Gave a lot more respect to Mccowan.

Gerry (Burlington) 9 years ago

Well at least this competition on the airwaves is causing some of the hosts to come out with tougher interviews. I recognize there were some dumb questions thrown out also. But having both stations fight for ratings etc.. it has made Toronto sports radio interviews a lot tougher for the NHL league execs. Used to be a free pass on the Fan for them and a free pass on TSN TV from them.

Mike (Boston), oh yah heard that interview and just couldn’t believe it. I used to really like Elliot and thought he had some great insights. Now he apppears to be out to pasture. On one hand I am glad he admitted he hadn’t watched the game (honesty), but then Why the Heck are you bringing this guy on the radio for.

On another note, I am really enjoying listening to parts of the Dan Patrick Show. It has actually re-engergized my interest in the NBA, getting to hear non-toronto NBA input is so much an improvement.

• comment-avatar

I love the fact that McCown is still the place to go for missinformation. He stated that “there is nothing to do in Lake Placid, no mountains or anything!” From the world class Mirror Lake Inn, you can view Whiteface, the highest peak in Eastern North America and has a longer vertical than Lake Louise. I guess he couldn’t find a Casino filled with gamblers and hookers!

Mike S 9 years ago

Bob is right………..Whiteface hosted an Olympic downhill in 1980 so it definitely qualifies as a “mountain”………….I have skied there many times in the past and I enjoyed it every time

Gerry (Burlington) 9 years ago

No intent here to defend McCown, but besides looking at the scenery what else is there to do? You could go to the Where’d you get that Hat store? Perhaps the Just Bead It store.

Chris Nilan was on the Team 990 yesterday and said Chez Paree was their 6th man. Bruins have nothing to do up there but think hockey. I almost have to give Julien credit for that.

• comment-avatar

We are all sports radio geeks here, and normally I love when hosts hint at “insider” stuff. But is anybody else getting a bit tired of McCown constant “uh oh we had a meeting…. but i am too cool to stick around” stuff is going on…. hint hint. It just becomes too much drama about him (some if it is cool) but after a while it starts to drain a bit. I remember when he made a big stink about moving up an hour, now is back to his normal time spot and he was asked what he thought about going back and his response was pretty much “no big deal”

As for Elliott, it’s been a while now that when he comes on he’s not really in the same wave length as everybody else. I put this much more on McCown than Elliott, i understand and respect that Elliott is a legend, and Bob want’s his friends on. But when he’s on it’s more as a talk (that I personally can’t really follow) than anything else.

I am still a big supporter of C&C but a few times they were so off the mark, like what you mentioned MikeS about Jim holding a team, where was that from? What is the point of going there again now? It’s what liked I talked about before zero to a hundred, you can ask hard questions without being confrontational for the sake of confrontation. With Bettman that’s what it seems like they were doing. I liked Feschuk
    before this, but what the heck was he thinking comparing what happens on an non-contact NBA court to NHL when theirs no comparision?

Campbell stuff was just crazy, but when he asks what was wrong with the hit or something like that, when you ask about that specific hit, you really should have a reply ready, the air was silent for what seems like forever. It looked liked C&C were ready to give another tough interview, which i like. But seemed stunned by the response but overall I think it was okay just for that time they didn’t answer when he give a specific question, but than again Campbell was answering almost everything with a question of his own.