Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

+ Special Guests

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

“Best” of Watters show

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
April 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I was (pleasantly) surprised to hear that they weren’t using guest-hosts today. Both sides must be really desperate in this ratings-war.

I mean, who is actually driving home today? Isn’t everything closed today?

mario
mario
April 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Sean McCormick is he now with TSN?….Did I miss something?….And is there real a “Best” of Watters show?…

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
April 22, 2011 9:10 pm

yup he left Rogers to run for Toronto City Council but lost. guess he’s now with TSN 1050

April 23, 2011 1:08 am

Sean McCormick quit Sportsnet when he decided to run in the recent municipal election…………..ever since he lost in that election I believe he has been looking to get back into broadcasting………….I don’t know if his appearance today on 1050 means he has been hired by TSN or if he is just doing freelance work

MwG64
MwG64
April 23, 2011 8:56 pm

On Saturday i usually stay away from sports radio other then Blue Jay games and Randle The Handle and the boys. But i tuned in Mike Hogan on TSN .He had a strong line up of guests.But the real surprise was hearing Scott Ferguson!He was the baseball guy yrs ago at The Fan.Then he left for The Team…I found out he had been at CFRB.Wonder if he will become the Blue Jay guy for TSN Radio?I like him alot better then Mike Wilner.

TSM will have to start posting weekend line ups as well!

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
April 24, 2011 7:11 am

Mike Hogan is excellent on the weekends on TSN.
He will become the 1-4 guy weekdays before long.

Sam
Sam
April 24, 2011 8:51 am

Wow, McCown had to check a lot of basic facts _on the air_ with Brunt / the hosts for this show. Eg. NHL series standings. Its almost like he couldn’t be bothered to look down at the paper in front of him.

Rome
Rome
April 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Has anybody noticed that Wilner post game game has become less and less this season? I understand when there’s another game going in (like Sat TFC game) but during the weekday to get only half an hour or on weekends just to go to a repeat braodcast of “Got Game” seems underwhelming. Previous seasons his post game Jaystalk would go at least an hour

The Zeb
The Zeb
April 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Good story brewing in Vancouver where Burkie had CKNW Sports D Jim Mullin fired for critical reporting about the Chilliwack WHL team moving to Victoria.

dave
dave
April 24, 2011 2:23 pm

glad Rick Ralph is at TSN as well i think TSN has better update hosts then Sportsnet

April 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I haven’t noticed that Jays talk has been any shorter than usual….It usually gets pre-empted on Saturdays for TFC, and I think it generally ends weeknights at 11 or 11:30..

April 24, 2011 8:42 pm

It was nice to hear Ken Campbell on the Friday PTS roundtable instead of the usual suspects (Kirke, Deacon, Perkins, etc)…………..I have always thought that Campbell is often the voice of reason when it comes to various hockey issues

Bob
Bob
April 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Less of Wilner is a Plus!

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
April 24, 2011 10:28 pm

For my part, I am a big fan of Wilner. To each his own.

dave
dave
April 25, 2011 10:44 am

anyone else think if TSN gets the leaf radio rights Howard Burger will jump to TSN?

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
April 25, 2011 11:28 am

I really hope not. I think TSN has enough hockey people already, they would want to keep their stamp/brand of person as their beatreporter per se. I think it would also look weak for TSN to have to get Berger from Sportsnet.

Rob In Aurora
Rob In Aurora
April 25, 2011 11:57 am

What makes you think TSN has any use at all for Howard Berger? They have two dozen people that could cover the Leafs exponentially better than he can. Howard has been at the FAN since befopre it was the FAN..

Roger
Roger
April 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Now that the Jays are essentially in the basement of the AL East, will this mean that McCown will quit drooling over them and their Messiah and close buddy of McCown, Anthopolous??? Somehow I doubt it.

Jonathan Giggs
April 25, 2011 1:41 pm

I just wish Howard would jump, off a cliff!

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
April 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Berger is a “C” list reporter at best.
If had any appeal he would of moved on to something better. Or he would be on Sportsnet TV which he is not!!