Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is John Shannon

4:00-4:35 Damien Cox, Toronto Star
4:40 David Shoalts, Globe & Mail
5:21 Nick Kypreos, Sportsnet
5:41 Alan Ashby, voice of the Jays
6:01 Rob Becker, Our legal analyst
6:21 Wayne Parrish, CEO of Basketball Canada in Studio
6:41 Lauren Hart, Anthem singer for the Philly Flyers

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s co-host is Sean McCormick

Firaz Zahabi (GSP Trainer)

James Duthie

Keith Primeau

Bob McKenzie

Lisa LaFlamme (CTV)

Dan O’Toole

Steven Seagal

Michael Landsberg

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:40 – Bob Beers (Boston Bruins Analyst)

5:05 – Tony Gallagher (Vancouver Province)

5:25 – Jeff Reese (Philadelphia Flyers Goaltender Coach)

5:45 – Ken Kal (Detroit Red Wings play-by-play)

6:05 – Scott Burnside (ESPN Insider)

6:25 – Jamie Baker (San Jose Sharks Analyst)

R3000
R3000
May 3, 2011 5:33 pm

TSM why do they advertise (heavily) that it’s PTS “with Stephen Brunt and Damien Cox”, and then Mr. Magoo shows up regularly?
(And also why does it hurt when I pee?)

May 3, 2011 6:04 pm

Cox was supposed to be on 590 this week but his Toronto Star duties took him to Nashville to cover the Canucks series…………I think 1050 has had the same problem with Bruce Arthur…………they proclaimed that he would be co-host every Monday but he has already missed two Mondays because of his National Post duties

Shannon is just a filler these days but it would be nice if they found someone else to do that……………when Brunt goes away to Newfoundland for the summer I fear that Shannon will be on PTS a fair amount

lagerandale
lagerandale
May 3, 2011 6:55 pm

It would seem to me that cox and brunt have been absent more then they have been on. Its a little bit of a joke considering the hype.

May 3, 2011 9:50 pm

I think R3000 and Lagerandale have rather short memories…………..up until this week either Cox or Brunt (or both) have been on PTS almost every week for over two months………..here is a week by week PTS co-host recap since Cox joined Rogers:

Week of Feb 14……..Cox
Week of Feb 21……..Brunt
Week of Feb 28……..Cox
Week of Mar 7……….Brunt
Week of Mar 14……..Grange
Week of Mar 21……..Cox
Week of Mar 28……..Cox & Brunt (McCown on vacation)
Week of Apr 4……….Brunt
Week of April 11…….Cox
Week of April 18…….Brunt
Week of April 25…….Deacon one day, Shannon one day, Brunt 3 days
Week of May 2 (so far)…..Shannon

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 4, 2011 9:39 am

I think 1 day of Shannon feels like a week, that is the issue.

This morning listening to Brady, couldn’t help but notice his veiled dig at TSN/Richards in the morning. He sarcastically commented that maybe they should be doing more voices in their morning show. Lang immediately was decrying no, no no.

Essentially with our choice of radio, we choose which station we will buy with our time. I have never been one to buy from somone who trashes the competition in an effort to sell their product. To me this usually reaks of not having confidence in your own product. I don’t think Brady needs to do this, they have a pretty good morning show going. As for Richards, I have given him quite a few listens and I am still not very impressed. I remember him back on the Fan 10-12 years ago, and I find it strange hearing him do serious interviews. Not saying he shouldn’t be, but i keep expecting a joke/impersonation and don’t hear it.

lagerandale
lagerandale
May 4, 2011 11:54 am

When I’m wrong I’m wrong

May 4, 2011 12:55 pm

Mike S – FTW

R3000
R3000
May 4, 2011 2:33 pm

Mike S- thanks- wow. I guess just a little Shannon goes a long, long, way. Still looks a bit like bait and switch to me…