Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is Damien Cox
– phone calls
– Greg Zaun
– Glenn Healy
– Bob Nicholson
– Dave The Blanker Perkins
– Dick Pound

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s Co-host: Bruce Arthur

Brad Marchand (Boston Bruins)

James Duthie

Dan Rafael (ESPN)

Bob McKenzie

Duane Forde

Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo!)

Darren Dreger

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:40 – Ken Daniels (Detroit Red Wings play-by-play)

5:05 – Tony Gallagher (Vancouver Province)

5:25 – Pete Weber (Nashville Predators play-by-play)

6:05 – Eric Duhatschek (Globe and Mail)

6:25 – Dan Rusanowsky (San Jose Sharks play-by-play)

May 9, 2011 5:13 pm

The Jacket has a story up at the Globe on the ratings and the FAN’s crowing about their success.

Tom
Tom
May 9, 2011 8:24 pm

Greg Zaun is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful

Adhish
Adhish
May 10, 2011 10:16 am

I couldnt agree with you more Tom. Cant stand Zaun!!

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Mike (Beantown), yah, funny the minute TSM posted those ratings, I started my countdown to Dough boy’s rant about how great the Fan is with those numbers. Really is amazing to me how the Globe can have a few real strong writers in their sports dept. and then have a guy like Bruce be their National Media Critic.

On a another topic, I heard Brian Hayes address the Jays a couple days back. Well I now know why this guy is hockey only. He provided zero baseball acumen in his assessment of the Jays. I could go into details, but I don’t feel it is worth it. Blair will continue to win that airtime over the summer if that is Hayes bball knowledge.

As much as I have given TSN lots of chances, for me the best part has been Dan Patrick. I am consistently listening to Richards. Weekends however on TSN are great. Really enjoy Hogan especially when the Alternative is Rogers Lajoie.

And finally, is there not enough reasons to tune out Krystal, but now they consistently have Berger with him. Two birds killed with one stone there by flipping them off.

Jessie Brockmann
Jessie Brockmann
May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Brian Hayes has been terrific he will eventually catch Blair in the ratings.

May 10, 2011 2:55 pm

I like Hayes but I don’t like him on baseball either.

He also is big on ’11k at dome last night, sky is falling, we don’t deserve at team’ kinda stuff, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Obviously that’s an atrocious crowd, but it’s not really that notable for an early season Monday night in MLB. Just scanning the boxscores, 3/9 games last night drew 11k.

May 10, 2011 2:56 pm

On yeah, you guys don’t like Zaun? I like him a lot actually!

May 10, 2011 4:28 pm

My friend Daniel calls the criticism of Blue Jays attendance a pet peeve of his………..I would call it more of an obsession of his………….he often has a very thin skin when it comes to that subject………..Eric Smith is the same way whenever anyone in the evil American media says anything negative about his beloved Raptors

May 10, 2011 4:36 pm

my main annoyance with attendance talk is that it’s a lazy topic for call-in shows and newspaper columns. it’s a media made story, not a sports story. the team is not at risk of leaving, and the organization is in the middle of the pack in terms of payroll, and making money (even if it is somewhat indirectly).

people who really follow the team simply don’t care about attendance that much. sure it would be great if the Dome were loud and raucous, but when you have 17 years without any competitive late season baseball then that’s going to happen.

in a way it’s a good thing. we always make fun of leafs fans because they sell out the place year after year even though the team hasn’t won in 45 years. at least Jays fans have the sense to stay away when the product is not a winning one.

if the team makes the playoffs and still has trouble filling the place, then that would be a story. until then, shut the fuck up about it.

May 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Mike in Boston – yeah that’s my thoughts exactly.

Mike S – I might be wrong, but readers of this comment section are probably more interested in your thoughts on sports media rather than your thoughts on me.

May 10, 2011 7:51 pm

But no offense taken, I know I do go on about it.

May 10, 2011 9:13 pm

If we are not supposed to make reference to other people’s comments on this site then that is news to me…………..and it’s probably news to many other people, because it happens all the time (I believe Daniel has done it on numerous occasions)

Don’t worry Daniel………….I was just poking fun at you…………..I am not a baseball fan but I definitely admire the passion you have for your favourite team……………and I always enjoy reading your comments on this site

May 11, 2011 2:03 am

ha..it’s all good!

Rob M
Rob M
May 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Zaun is a meathead boor. Can you imagine actually having to play with this guy? Half the team was likely gritting their teeth the whole time he was around. You can just sense that he was one of those guys that couldn’t wait until he got some seniority so he could unleash his great wisdom and discipline on those poor schmucks who were younger than him.

When the Fan puts him on instead of Ashby, the Fan (and the Blue Jays) go off. You could put Zaun, Pierre McGuire and Wilner on Jeopardy and I’m sure they’d have all the answers. Of course they wouldn’t be right but they’d have something to say.

Rome
Rome
May 12, 2011 1:07 am

*head down in shame* I like Skydome attendance talk. I shouldn’t but I do lol. There’s just so much directions to go with it. Is it an easy call segment, yes. But I find it interesting. That’s my embarassing topic that I am into

Reading my paragraph it sounds sarcastic but it’s not, I can listen to the topic weekly. (and it happens often, especially when Lajoie around lol)