Toronto Sports Media Poll Of The Day

I am in Montreal and while we await game 7 between the San Jose Sharks and Detroit Red Wings I thought I would throw a poll at you as it was put to me the other day. This is not a rumor, but rather purely a hypothetical. Assume that Rogers Sportsnet The Fan 590 is going to hire a permanent co-host for Bob Mccown and Prime Time Sports. You have 2 choices (and only 2) which would you choose:

Steve from Waterloo
Steve from Waterloo
May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I choose TSN radio!

Plebian Slob
Plebian Slob
May 12, 2011 1:03 pm

As much as Shannon bores me Krystal is just too much aof a trainwreck.

Weener
Weener
May 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Brunt or Friedman.

Rome
Rome
May 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Haha good answer Steve.

I got to go with Shannon too, exactly what Plebian said, I’d rather have somebody who brings almost nothing to the table than a guy who would jump on the table and take a dump on it.

Weener
Weener
May 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Ooops, nevermind my response- didn’t click on the poll… Shannon definitely. Krystal makes me want to break my radio.

lister
lister
May 12, 2011 1:33 pm

In either case I’d stop watching/listening except for the roundtables.

Derrick
Derrick
May 12, 2011 2:03 pm

The times Krystal is on for the first 20 min with McCown are actually okay, but I don’t think I could take 3 hours of it everygoddamnday. I’ll take Shannon.

Roger
Roger
May 12, 2011 2:12 pm

In either case, I have no interest.

Sean
Sean
May 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Im changing the radio or putting the podcast on.

Shannon is not an insider, he is a former TV executive. Krystal is a current affairs

That is all

Adhish
Adhish
May 12, 2011 2:54 pm

TSN radio would be my choice. I have almost entirely bailed on Fan 590!! Brady and Lang were good in the morning but have regressed lately. And Brady tweets to get attention not because he has inside info!!

May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

“McCown has lost it. Now, all he talks about is either his strange paid-for marriage or the Blue Jays. ”

I dunno…if you look back through the lineups on this site it’s pretty hockey heavy..maybe a baseball segment most shows, and an NBA/NFL segment here and there.

May 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Probably Shannon. But it is kind of funny when McCown constantly shuts Krystal down when he’s on the show..

Norman
Norman
May 12, 2011 3:05 pm

TSN radio would be my choice in that case. I kind of like Cybulski and Co. I like having the choice to flip around if I do not like what is on the Fan590. I do like Brady and Lang in the morning the best.

Hockey Editor
Hockey Editor
May 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Sheesh, where was option (c), “Stick red-hot knitting needles in my eyes”?

Why not ask who I’d rather have play goal for the Leafs, Vesa Toskala or Jiri Crha (the 60-year-old version, yet).

Cruel, cruel blogger.

Sigh. I’d have to hire John “Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob” Shannon on a 13-week deal and then reach the conclusion that a kid straight outta Seneca College would (a) know more than Shannon about anything worth knowing and (b) be a lot cheaper.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
May 12, 2011 4:58 pm

C) Dogs barking at 3 AM

Cam
Cam
May 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Sam in Scarb – Great post as is Steve from Waterloo’s

Great poll – should have more of these!

Neil
Neil
May 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Dreadful poll. Neither.

Beeems
Beeems
May 12, 2011 6:46 pm

I cant stand Shannon. Anyone notice how he he says things twice if it wasn’t heard the first time. Drives me nuts. I vote for Friedman or ESmith.

lagerandale
lagerandale
May 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Brunt or Strombo

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Okay so when did Kollins learn how to hack TSM’s webpage and start giving us poll questions. Seriously….

Bob
Bob
May 12, 2011 7:48 pm

I’m rushing out to buy an XM Receiver!

Buzz
Buzz
May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

I hate Krystal. I turn off when he’s on, even if Bob is railing on him. I don’t mind John Shannon in small doses, but he’s doesn’t offer much other than what it’s like to not be working somewhere anymore.

robinaurora
robinaurora
May 13, 2011 7:04 am

Unlistenable – – either choice. I have moved onto C. & Co and I was a Watters listener because McCown lost me completely in the Jim Kelley era. I won’t speak ill of someone who’s passed on. He was a very nice man, just not a good radio man or sports writer.

TommyD
TommyD
May 13, 2011 7:35 am

What a choice! You are an evil man.

R3000
R3000
May 13, 2011 11:30 am

TSM,
What have we done to you that you want to hurt us like that?
It’s going to take a while to drink that out of my head…
Hmmm… best get started…

James High Park
James High Park
May 13, 2011 2:30 pm

i agree with some of the other posters who said “neither”
still undecided who i would like as a full time co-host

cox and brunt are not co-hosts in the traditional sense
shaky was the last true full time co-host bob had

but since bobcat is gettin up there in age and has started to show some “out of touch with the youth” talk (his obvious dislike of UFC as an example) his permanent co-host has to be some dude under 40 who will appeal to the 18-34 demo

also he will be the heir apparent when bob eventually leaves in a few years

right now they don’t have any obvious replacement

Marsh
Marsh
May 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Should have had a third option.

C: Neither

They do have to do something about the first hour; with Krystal and the other Sportsnet folks it’s painful. The call in’s this week were even better.