Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups- Updated

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

Jose Bautista at 5:00pm

Bob McKenzie

Danny Watkins (tentative) – Philadelphia Eagles

Brandon Prust – New York Rangers

Darren Dreger

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:40 – David Mishkin (Tampa Bay Lightning Radio Play-by-Play)

5:05 – Scott Morrison (HNIC Hockey Insider)

5:45 – Dave Goucher (Boston Bruins Play-by-Play)

6:05 – Tony Gallagher (Vancouver Province Hockey Insider)

6:25 – Colin Doyle (Toronto Rock Captain/Forward)

MwG64
MwG64
May 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Just turned on PTS and heard Doug MacLean’s voice?Wow i guess hell has frozen over!

Jonathan Giggs
May 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Didn’t Bob McCown say “As long as I am in this chair, he will never be on my program again”?

R3000
R3000
May 16, 2011 4:57 pm

That’s the way I remember it Jonathan.
Aw, showbiz…

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 16, 2011 5:24 pm

This is just more of the Bobcat Schtick. Then on top of finding out Bob and Richie Rich are friends again, did you hear that Millard spends his summers in PEI and hangs with Richie! This whole fake don’t get along thing they all have going is very tiring. Not to mention listening to Richie talk about his cars, his homes, his draft choice, his namedropping…. okay rambling here. So i switch to TSN and here Gareth Wheeler…. Cant remember the last time i switched to FM on the ride home.

Plebian Slob
Plebian Slob
May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I find the new studio odd kind of awkward watching them from that angle. I just heard them on Sportsnet discussing Maclean back on PTS and Maclean just said to Kypreos, “the reason I’m back is you replaced me and it hasn’t worked out that well” LMAO

lagerandale
lagerandale
May 16, 2011 6:55 pm

I didn’t hear it but props to 1050 for getting Bautista 2hrs before game time.

Mike
Mike
May 16, 2011 7:58 pm

I hate to say it b/c I had high expectations but ….. James Cybulski is just not very good at this radio thing.

I loved the idea to go younger, but I think they’re going to strike out with their current setup.

Should’ve hired Tim and Sid from The Score, or if you didn’t want the same schtick hired just Tim as a solo host.

robinaurora
robinaurora
May 16, 2011 9:27 pm

I find that Cybulski asks some good interview questions and they get good guests, so I am willing to give the show a chance for a while. McCown makes me feel old, he seems way out of touch and as I follow Cox on Twitter, I realize he really has some weird opinions (and he does want to die in his own arms). i find Cybulski’s show a refreshing change. They beed rick ralph or scott ferguson to do the updates

kyle
kyle
May 16, 2011 9:48 pm

jonathan,

maybe bob would argue that it’s a new chair.

watched a little of the segment with Pelley. couple of quick observations – the full studio shot looks like from the old studio it’s so far back. guess they need to squeeze in the FAN sign on the desk. also, Bob’s mic covers too much of his face.

Bob
Bob
May 16, 2011 10:16 pm

I actually found the PTS segment with Pelly quite funny, they spent the whole time trying to sell the Jay’s as the “27 Yankees” None of them knew what the hell they were talking about. It was like watching four Sumo Wrestlers trying on pantyhose! The funny part was when they all suggested to take the show on the road to the Jay’s Affiliates in September. The Minor Leagues are over the first of September!
As an added comment, I have read on this site that some of you do not like Zaun. It is probably because he is the only person on the Jay’s broadcast team that gives an honest knowledgeable opinion.

Plebian Slob
Plebian Slob
May 16, 2011 10:21 pm

I’m not a Zaun hater Bob but I think that many of the other commentators are doing a good job, Alan Ashby was great on T.V. this weekend. Jerry Howarth is what he is a great story teller who keeps the broadcast moving, yeah he can be drinking the kool aid sometimes but in a radio situation its better to hold average listeners, then to provide a few “elitists” thier required negativity.

PBI
PBI
May 16, 2011 10:22 pm

I see what you did there with that picture, TSM.

dave
dave
May 17, 2011 2:37 am

Bob, When McCown said the “affiliates” I think he meant the radio station affiliates that cary the Blue Jays radio broadcasts as well.

May 17, 2011 7:13 am

i don;t think anyone dislikes Zaun because of the content of his opinions, but rather the manner in which he delivers those opinions.

he was on the NESN broadcast here in Boston recently and was widely panned for being boring. I think the problem right now is that he feels the need to comment after every pitch with some stunning insight. this means there is a lot of forced or just dull commentary.

he’s young though, and he’ll grow out of it. he has a good personality and i’m sure he’ll be just fine.

I could listen to Ashby excoriate catchers for their defense for the rest of time and be perfectly happy. He’s awesome.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 17, 2011 7:22 am

This may sound petty, but i still can’t get my head around Zaun’s bizzarre tale of why a steroid dealer/player cashed a cheque from him. When he said he owed the guy money from a poker game or something. I realize lots of guys used the juice in those days, but i have more respect for the guys who admitted they did it and apologized. Whether they meant it or not, they owned up to it. A character thing for me.

Mike
Mike
May 17, 2011 7:55 am

TSN radio is terrible. I HATE Jeff Blair but still listen to him over anybody on TSN radio.

It’s better than commercials on The Fan I guess.

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
May 17, 2011 8:03 am

I find myself turning almost exclusively to TSN Radio for the drive home. While I was long-time PTS listener, the show has declined dramatically the past 3 years or so, and seems stuck in a 1990s time-warp. McCown seems less prepared and knowledgable than usual and the addition of Damien Cox has hardly made it more listener-friendly. Cybulski and Co. is far from perfect, but is fresher, more sports-oriented and also has good guests.

Craig
Craig
May 17, 2011 9:49 am

McCown hyped the hell out of the new studio so much last week on PTS that I felt obliged to take a gander at the new setup on Monday’s show. Wow, they’ve got lights that change colours. That will keep me tuned in. It appears to me that McCown left his mojo back at the old studio because he was out of his element for most of the broadcast.

I would title the inaugural broadcast from the new digs, “Don’t let the facts get in the way” because between Millard spouting off the population of Thunder Bay in the 30k range and Cox claiming the Winnipeg Jets were named after Bobby “The Golden Jet” Hull, it was downright pathetic. At least Brunt has the good sense to say “I don’t know” when presented with a question he’s not familar with but everyone else appears to love the sound of their own voice, truth be damned.

R3000
R3000
May 17, 2011 10:18 am

I’ve been in design my whole life, and I don’t have to tell you- the PTS set is just weird. They started off with a blank piece of paper and that’s what they came up with? Yeesh (and I worked for the company that designed it). It looks like Bob is sitting under one of those arches that people get married under on a beach in the Caribbean.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
May 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Craig – I didn’t hear that, did Cox actually say that! What a complete idiot. There was a western hockey league team in Winnipeg called the Jets earlier, thus the name.