Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups sorry for the delay my laptop died and I am sans computer right now! Damn Apple Macbook Air!

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is James Deacon
4:00-4:40 Damien Cox, Co-Host & Toronto Star
5:20 Adriano Belli, Sportsnet CFL Analyst In Studio
5:40 Doug Weight, Islanders Assistant Coach & Special Assistant to the
GM
6:00 Glenn Healy, Hockey Night in Canada
6:20 Ken Holland, Red Wings GM
6:40 Alan Ashby, Jays Play By Play from the Dome

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s Co-Host: Darren Dutchyshen (4-6pm)

James Duthie – NHL on TSN

Dan Shulman – TSN Baseball Analyst

Kate Beirness – TSN Sportscentre

Bob McKenzie – NHL on TSN

Chuck Swirsky – Bulls play-by-play, ESPN 1000

PK Subban – Montreal Canadiens

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:45 – Cory Stillman (Carolina Hurricanes Forward)

5:05 – Eric Duhatschek (Globe and Mail Playoff Hockey Insider)

5:45 – Dave Goucher (Boston Bruins Radio Play-by-Play)

6:05 – Scott Morrison (Hockey Night in Canada Hockey Insider)

6:25 – Marcus Foligno (Buffalo Sabres Forward)

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 16
  • comment-avatar
    Steve 8 years ago

How do the 2 TSN employees who weren’t on C&C fall asleep tonight?

• comment-avatar

Does anyone actually watch FAN590 on Sportsnet? Watching radio has to be the worst idea ever. Radio is called ‘theatre of the mind’ for a reason. Millard and Kypreos are always checking their Blackberries and as much as I know they are waiting for a breaking new tweet from Damien Cox, it looks like they are not interested in the task at hand.
    In the words of Bobcat, ‘it is unwatchable’

Steve (in Hamilton) 8 years ago

I heard McLean calling out a blogger today, and then referring to himself as “Richie Rich.” Was TSM the blogger? It was really kind of funny, I thought, since he mumbled that he actually liked the blog.

Roger 8 years ago

I really hope TSN radio over takes the Fan590 shows. McCown is becoming ‘unlistenable’ himself. His constant talk about his new studio, his endless babble about the Jays and the fact he had that slime ball Scott Moore on (who McCown never actually identified him) made me jump over to TSN.

Hell at times I get so desperate I’ll even tune in to John Tory – that supposed conservative.

James 8 years ago

@Roger
    Some of us actually like to hear about the one team in this city that is actually playing and showing signs of success. The one team that actually is entertaining, shows progress, and has a star player?

Yeah, Im fine with Jays talk, thank you very much. Unless maybe they should discuss Ron Wilsons situation on a daily basis or some crap?

@Steve
    I would assume it was him. He has mentioned “that blog” many times before, and we know for a fact that on many of those occasions he directly referenced TSM. I am 99% sure he was, although I didn’t hear it myself.

Its clear many in the MSM at least check this blog fairly regularly.

robinaurora 8 years ago

No I can’t watch radio on TV. I can’t watch (or listen to) Daren Millard. I was off the McCown show years ago (I feel like an old man listening to him) – so yes I am very happy there is a TSN RAdio now. Dutchy was on it yesterday – He can be really annoying when he tries to be glib and funny (he’s neither and I cringe like a lot of people including his colleagues at those times) and he was on with Cybulski last night.

I did like (name escapes me – he’s married to Jen Hedger, former Sporttsnet guy) when he sat in with Cybuslki two days this week – I think TSN needs to sign him up. They need to get a rotating list of regular co-hosts doing two days a week (and less of wheeler). Duthie is great during his segment. When hockey is over, he’d be great as a co host once in a while.

Roger 8 years ago

James,

They’re in last place in their division with a 24 and 26 record. That’s success???

Anthopolous has done an awful job thus far as GM.

lister 8 years ago

I watch Primetime on Sportsnet for three reasons: 1) my commute, I walk so I don’t want earbuds in my ears while I walk home 2) I PVR the show so I can fastforward through the bits that doesn’t interest me 3) sometimes the visual reactions of the hosts and guests is amusing.

lister 8 years ago

Oh and the commute is very short anyways so listening on radio is pointless.

• comment-avatar

@Roger – Totally agree about the Scott Moore bit. Dunno how these guys get jobs. He was saying how they have got this Playboy show for CityTV. (Kinda a Mad Men-esque concept) and the party they were having to launch it. From the sounds of it most of your cable fees go to their parties as they mentioned 3-4 in the time he was on, all occurring within the week. Early feedback on that PB show indicate it will not a have long life and since when does a ‘sports guy’ become an entertainment buyer? The more I hear from him and Pelley the more I think I am over qualified for their jobs. Also agree about the non-stop talk about the new studio. If most of your audience is in the car on the way home we CANNOT SEE YOU!

• comment-avatar

If Manitobans are partying throughout the weekend, it won’t be because of an official announcement about the return of the NHL at Portage and Main or The Forks.

Atlanta Thrashers owner Michael Gearon told Atlanta TV station Fox 5 Thursday that the deal with True North Sports and Entertainment, which would buy the franchise and move it to Winnipeg, is “About 80% complete.” However, he said the announcement likely won’t come till next week as there is still lots of paperwork to do.

So much for Brunt’s done deal

• comment-avatar

Speaking of Brunt, has be been on PT Sports this week at all to talk about his jumping the gun? Seems like he disappeared right after it was revealed that the deal wasn’t as far along as he had reported. I just found the timing of his hiatus very amusing.

• comment-avatar

Roger – McCown talks a lot of hockey, and touches the bases well with basketball and football, so it’s not like those get overlooked at the expense of Jays talk. I think he talks baseball at a pretty appropriate level. I mean, I think it’s safe to say it’s probably the 2nd most popular team here, and his ratings don’t seem to suffer from his topic choices.

As for AA, you’re entitled to your opinion, but most would disagree with you:

Just a couple examples there, but Jon Heyman of SI called AA the #1 star of the off season, and called the Wells and Bautista moves the best two moves of the off season. Fangraphs wrote “I doubt any GM has ever had a better off-season than than the one the Blue Jays young GM just had.”

Considering the situation he entered, by most evaluations he’s done an excellent job. I think he will be challenged when the Jays are expected to sign higher priced free agents and compete immediately, instead of the current ‘foundation building’ phase.

• comment-avatar

Kypreos specifically mentioned this site on HockeyCentral the other day.

James 8 years ago

@Roger

You very clearly missed the point of my comment. It wasn’t to debate how well the jays are doing with an admitted non-fan. It was to point out that its *expected* that sports radio shows focus a heck of a lot more on the one team that’s actually *playing*.

The fact that they are playing is enough. Now when you add in that they are an interesting team, are improving, developing players, fun to watch, play varied style, and most of all have THE most electric and hot player in baseball…

It’s also funny that you focused on me saying they were successful. I’d read again if I was you, but to make it easier: “showing signs of success” isn’t exactly equivalent to saying they have a good record, are a great team, or anything that your reply might have made sense in response to.

That being said, i’d suggest if you don’t even like or follow baseball to refrain from arguing over your poorly informed and flawed opinions on the jays. When you just throw in their 500 record as proof they are unsuccessful…it’s just a bit ridiculous. Now AA is an awful GM? Just crazy man, just to let you know.

Maybe you should stick to bashing the jays with your puck buddies?

Mike S 8 years ago

Brunt was in England to cover the big soccer game on Saturday………..that is why he wasn’t co-host with McCown on PTS last week