Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

Bob McKenzie

Doug Ford – Toronto Councilor

Joel Anthony – Miami Heat

Darren Dreger

Krista Ford – Lingerie Football League Hopeful

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

5:05 – Eric Duhatschek (Globe & Mail Playoff Insider)

5:25 – Chris Rudge (Chairman & CEO 100th Grey Cup Festival)

6:05 – Brian Duff (NHL Network Playoff Insider)

6:25 – Gerard Gallant (Saint John Sea Dogs Head Coach)

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 15
  • comment-avatar

Great to hear Gord Stellick back on the air for more than just a quick call in.

• comment-avatar
    Plebian Slob 8 years ago

I agree 99 I think he’ll be an ok fill in for Bob.

• comment-avatar

The Fan’s had him in a couple times in the past couple weeks (he also filled in on the morning show I think.

I bet in a few weeks they’ll either A) use him to replace Krystal or B) have him be a part of Leafs play by play (if The Fan acquires it.

Gerry (Burlington) 8 years ago

I wonder if TSN considered trying to get him. I think we would be better than Cybulski for that slot. i don’t think he would ever beat Bobcat, but i certainly would have preferred stellick over C-balls.

I have to give credit to Rogers for their in game Blue Jays coverage on TV. I had my doubts about Zaun, but i think his limited role is good. I also think Jamie Campbell is in a much better role for himself. Buck and Pat seem to have a good rapport with each other.

Gerry (Burlington) 8 years ago

Sorry meant to say “he would be better”

Hopefully one day soon TSM can add an edit feature for our posts.

• comment-avatar

Can’t stand when Brunt is on! He stammers every time he starts to speak – drives me nuts!
    ‘I-I-I, wel,wel, I, would, ma, mayb, do, do’ He is the Porky Pig of radio.

• comment-avatar

So Tom, who exactly would you like to hear? Brunt is far and away the best co-host on radio. And don’t diss Porky Pig!

Gerry – totally agree.

Sportsnet Jays coverage was pretty bad a couple years ago with Campbell doing PBP and Cosetino as the ingame host. Adding Buck and Zaun and reassigning Campbell has made it much better and much more professional.

Steve (in Hamilton) 8 years ago

Good point Mark – I make a point to listen when Brunt is on. There are lots of people with smooth radio voices, but that isn’t what I am looking for.

• comment-avatar

I think Brady was poking fun at TSN radio today..

He said something like ‘the real way to win in sports radio in this city is to focus on the CFL. And not only that -but in the offseason.’ I’m heavily paraphrasing. It was funny though.

robinaurora 8 years ago

I think it’s really dangerous taking shots at your competition. You look scared when you do. Bradys station doesn’t have CFL, so what else would he say? And he loves talking about soccer, what chases listeners away faster than that?

TSN is just marketing their product and although I only take a mild interest, they’ve done well with it.

Roger 8 years ago

I dont always agree with brady but he’s funny. Lang is OK but Brady is the best in the morning race.

• comment-avatar

Lets remember Brady would take shots at the Fan when he was at 640. Kinda funny that he now joins them.

• comment-avatar

I just think it’s Brady’s style, he takes pokes at others but he also makes fun of himself an his co-host. He still makes comments about people he works with. I like “insider” talk like that, but than again I don’t think I wouldn’t be in a place like this if I didn’t have a bit of “insider geek” to my personality. Nobody tickles my funny bone with comments like Brady does.

It good hearing Stellick and wow haven’t heard Stellicktrisity in a while. He really should be doing the early afternoon show. There’s not really a total “nice guy” on the roster right now, he can do that. I think him being paried with a new voice like Seixeiro would be a good combo of a fresh hungry new voice and an experience name like Stellick.

• comment-avatar

True. His comments weren’t really that biting or anything. It seemed pretty lighthearted.

And I do think TSN has overestimated the appetite for CFL talk. But I guess the listeners will be the judge of that.