Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7is Stephen Brunt
– Keith Law
– Anton Thun
– Michael Grange

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s Co-host: Sean McCormick

Fred Ewanuick (Dan for Mayor)
James Duthie
Gilbert Brule – Edmonton Oilers (picked up a hitchhiker who happened to be Bono)
Bob McKenzie
Pat Quinn
Darren Dreger

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

– Dave Poulin of the Maple Leafs front office

– Eric Duhatschek of the Globe & Mail

– Brian Duff of NHL Network

– Scott Burnside of ESPN

Eggbert
Eggbert
June 3, 2011 6:17 pm

Has anyone read Berger’s latest blog?
The man is an emotional wreck, he really should step away for a few weeks, it reads like a scorned lover begging for a second chance, a little sad.

June 3, 2011 7:13 pm

Brady said today that Joey Vendetta will be doing the Blair show in a couple weeks, when Blair is in for McCown.

They really keep going back to this guy. Would they ever use him to replace Krystal? I don’t really get the appeal to be honest.

Tom
Tom
June 3, 2011 8:37 pm

Vendetta is awful. Though you could make his show a drinking game: every time he name drops or mentions he works for Live Nation you take a drink. You will be hammered in 4.7 minutes.

dsj
dsj
June 4, 2011 7:04 am

Kudos to the bobcat – 15 mins after the compelling match won by Roger Federer over the streaking Djoker; Federer ended the streak at 41 in a great match in Paris he had Tom Tebutt on to talk about it. A great conversation and analysis from Canada’s tennis expert. Good work Fan.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 4, 2011 8:53 am

How did Sportsnet corner the market on drinking game radio personalities. Between Richie Rich-Nash, Vendetta name dropping, Krystal just makes you want to drink, and John Shannon constantly referring to past jobs…..

Why wouldn’t they try Grange filling in for Blair instead of Vendetta?

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 4, 2011 8:55 am

And oh yah, since the “Rog” is still alive and well, constant references to Jimmy D. and any other rambling diatribes that relate to junior hockey.

Rome
Rome
June 4, 2011 12:55 pm

Seeing that Stellick is back in the fold, not sure why not put him in that spot. Giving Grange a opportunity to see what he can do as a lead guy wouldn’t hurt either.

I was a huge supporter of Cybuski and Co.early on, but TSNR has really overlooked the importance of a good supporting co-host cast. This week,other then Arthur who was on only a single time. We have Naylor, an Argo player and McCormick TWICE. That is simply not getting it done. I still like Cybuski, but the lack of quality co-hosts is hurting the show & how it was even-listening for me between the shows when it started (with mostly Feschuk & Arthur) is now turning C&C into just the “alternative” to PTS. It’s too bad because Cybuski is good.

June 4, 2011 1:30 pm

I will go out of my way not to listen to Sean McCormick.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 4, 2011 5:15 pm

@eggbert, ahhh yah, just read his blog. You are very correct sir. I will not comment further, you are just very correct.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
June 4, 2011 8:08 pm

I just read Berger’s blog. He sounds like a human being to me. I wish him well.

June 4, 2011 9:01 pm

Here is a link to the Berger blog:

When I read it I found it to be refreshingly honest, almost to a fault………….it can’t be easy to work somewhere for over 20 years and then be told to leave………….he probably should have waited a few more days but if writing that blog helps him deal with what has happened to him I have no problem with him doing it

Eggbert
Eggbert
June 5, 2011 6:53 pm

I don’t think anyone with a soul could take pleasure in what Berger is going through.Of course he was fair game in the arena of sports journalism, but the man is clearly very sensitive, and does have a family to support.I would probably suggest he write a book while he searches for a new gig

June 5, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah. It’s pretty crass to dump on Berger now. Even if you didn’t like his work, he’s a human being, and obviously having a rough time. I’m sure he’ll land somewhere.

Nick
Nick
June 5, 2011 10:11 pm

Just read the blog and I feel sorry for Burger as well but he’ll bounce back. 3 years ago a neighbor broke down in front of me after a few beers for being permanently laid off, he was a family man with 2 young kids. It could happen to anyone of us so we may not always agree with him ( I sure didn’t ) but he, like us is probably just going to work to pay his mortgage and put food on the table.

Nick
Nick
June 5, 2011 10:14 pm

By the way, I am intrigued by the possibility of a Watters/Burger drive home? Does anyone think it will happen?

June 7, 2011 1:27 am

Nick – I think the general feeling out there is that the Watters Show is on its last legs and that Leaf rights may be sold off to 590 or 1050. Just going by what I’ve read on this site.