Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight

Jeff Blair

On TSN Radio 1050

Guest Host – Bryan Hayes

Co-Host – Dave Naylor

430 – James Duthie – NHL on TSN

445 – James Cybulski – New Father!

530 – Bob McKenzie – TSN Hockey Insider

545 – Pat Quinn – Former NHL Player and Head Coach

600 – Darren Dreger – TSN Hockey Insider

615 – Steve-O (in studio) – Jackass

630 – Alex Anthopoulos – Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations and General Manager, Toronto Blue Jays

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

– Scott Burnside (ESPN Playoff Hockey Insider)

– Eric Duhatschek (Globe and Mail Playoff Hockey Insider)

– Tony Gallagher (Vancouver Province Hockey Playoff Insider)

Darren
Darren
June 10, 2011 6:11 pm

John Shannon as Host from 4-7 and James Deacon on round-table was enough to make me toss my supper!!

mpdman
mpdman
June 12, 2011 5:56 pm

OK, I know it’s TALK radio, but is it possible to actually talk too much?
I’ve tried to listen to Brady and Lang, but:
– they never shut-up,
– never finish a thought,
– contantly interject,
– repeatedly chuck in pop culti references,
– and try to out-clever each other at every turn.

They need to try defaf. It’s like listening to my teenage nephews fight over PS3 vs. Wii all day long.

I’m no Richards fan, but when I move over there, it seems a bit calmer for the a.m., and there is actual interesting discussion. Not quippy BS.

Is it just me??!?!!

Raptors Devotee
Raptors Devotee
June 13, 2011 7:59 am

Yeah, according to the ratings that just came out, it is just you, well, maybe a couple of other people in the GTA, like the friends/families of TSN staff.

mpdman
mpdman
June 13, 2011 8:42 am

OK, now I’m taking shots from a guy who calls himself “Raptors Devotee”….. How’s that working out for ya pal?
You are obviously the type who stays loyal to losers – on the court, and on the radio.
I’m no TSN radio fan, but just can’t stand the incessant blather from the other guys.

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
June 13, 2011 9:06 am

@Mpdman – I hear you to a point. I agree they do try at times to out wit each other. I am only in the car a few minutes in the morning so I do not hear a lot of them and have never heard the TSN AM show.

lt67
lt67
June 13, 2011 9:26 am

@Mpdman…..While I don’t agree with your assessment (I like the Brady & Lang show)…I always respect peoples opinions…However, taking shots at someone for remaining loyal to their favourite team…win or lose, weakens your credibility….shame.

Steve
Steve
June 13, 2011 10:55 am

@mpdman

Well you did ask if it was just you.

Julian
Julian
June 13, 2011 3:35 pm

I just don’t see it. I listen to far more of the other slots than I do mornings, but I do go back and am hearing more and more Brady-Lange podcasts in the daytime. I have never once felt compelled to do the same with Mike Richards.

I don’t get the appeal, and the ratings suggest I’m far from alone, though it’s early in this “battle”, this guy talked himself up so much, talked about being #1 in the city and beating Derringer and Dean Blundell, that this is a crushing blow for TSN Radio to have an absolute dud in the lineup. Sorry, I love the variety of being able to go from Jeff Blair to Bryan Hayes and McCown to Cybulski, but mornings, if I flip, it’s to 680 News, or to Q107, it never even remotely occurs to me to put on Mike Richards. Not sure why that would change.

Nice, by the way, that when Bryan Hayes is off, they just turn it into a playground for Darren Dutchyshen for 2 hours. A lot of respect for the listeners and the craft, it’s just TERRIBLE. Then again, hearing Gareth Wheeler’s voice isn’t helping me stay listening to the afternoon show.

June 15, 2011 10:43 am

I agree with Julian………..I have been underwhelmed by the Richards show……….he has a good voice for radio but I don’t find him all that funny and he doesn’t really offer much insight……………I only listen if he has a decent guest on……….otherwise I usually stick with Brady & Lang