Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

Mavs over heat
preview Stanley Cup Finals game

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

Noel Butler
Justine Munro (bikini fitness model in studio)
Teresa Heron (female bodybuilder in studio)
Pierre McGuire
Jack Armstrong
Darren Dreger
Scott Ferguson

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
June 13, 2011 9:22 am

I am not a hoops fun, but sure glad the Mavs beat the Miami Heat.

lt67
lt67
June 13, 2011 9:23 am

@Al….Ditto.

Rome
Rome
June 13, 2011 2:12 pm

If anybody wonder where the bikini models that was here beforehand went to? I guess M Richards is utilizing them. But at least it had some purpose here. Seems to be a lot of models that go to his show, I guess models are perfect for radio in Richards/TSN opinion. Models on radio is like spinning rotisserie chicken on television.

The list of what makes Brady snap continues… Last week, “Hockey guys” saying Campbell is a good guy & we should look away from the conflict of interests he has. Today people who think only citizens of this nation should work up here. Lang (who at times I wonder if he even thinks before talking) says Mulbury shouldn’t be working for CBC because he’s not from here. Which Brady destroyed Lang for having that as a reason he shouldn’t be working, and Brady with a checkmate bringing up “Do you think McCown shouldn’t be working up here” Oh snap! Totally agree with Brady thinking, be critical of what they do/say, not where they are from.

Both late morning show guys are on vacation (or just not on their timespot) Vendetta was in for Blair, had Avery on the first hour, I liked Avery so I stayed for the hour (no where to go, Richards is no option for me) Second hour went over to TSNR to listen to Hayes first hour and it was Dutchy, crap on a stick that was awful, he started the show giving the gross thought of him wanting to “get it on with his wife” by mentioning the Mavs winning, then talking about how surprised he was that he got the evil eye from Fashion TV employees because he made model/anorexia jokes. Went quickly back to Vendetta, he wasn’t prefect but better than Dutch & Vend was at least kind of listenable.

Is Dutchy going to be a perminant host, it sounds like it on how he talked, but it could be just his ego. At noon went to listen to Jim Rome, was looking forward to it since the Mavs win, but flipped to TheFan hockey show during the commerical and somebody was dissing the NBA. Sorry hockey guys, I LIKE hockey more than basektball, but this season the NBA playoffs destroyed the NHL playoffs in storyline and game quality. Come on hockey we spend an entire week recently talking about finger biting. Advantage NBA.

Chris F.
Chris F.
June 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Wow Dutchy sounded lie a train wreck. Hopefully if there are plans for him to be a host that this morning’s performance makes TSN think twice.

I also heard that whole Brady/Lang argument. I instantly lost any respect for Lang with his totally stupid and xenophobic comments. The guy instantly turned himself from a somewhat annoying but credible co-host to basically a flag waving iteration of what he and Brady were railing against. To top it off some of the callers in that segment just blew my mind and not in a good way. I can’t believe there’s actually a HS teacher who agreed with Milbury and trotted out the political correctness card. Thank goodness Brady shouted him down and aborted the call.

Really weird morning overall on the airwaves….

CD
CD
June 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Yeah Dutchy has been a bit creepy for me over this stretch. I’ve listened to his intro a couple of times but turned it off. Hinting he had a bit of a thing for his son’s 20 year old girlfriend was a bit uncomfortable to listen to even if it was a joke.

June 13, 2011 2:50 pm

I find that some of the hockey media here is really quick to bash other sports – particularly basketball. I’m not sure why. Hockey is clearly the most popular sport here by miles. It’s always kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I caught a bit of Dutchyshen too. Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
June 13, 2011 3:42 pm

I usually don’t have time to hear the mid-morning shows, but did catch about 15 minutes of Vendetta today on the way to work, only to hear him talking about how hot the girls in Toronto are and about the conversation he had with three “hot” married women the night before. At any moment I expected him to say “va-va-va-voom.”

Since I am 40 years-old, and not 12, I decided to abandon the station and turn to anything else for the rest of the drive.

June 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Dutchyshen is filling in on 1050 for Hayes, who is filling in for Cybulski………….Cybulski is taking time off because his wife just had a baby…………I don’t believe (thankfully) there are plans to give Dutchyshen his own show on 1050 but I could be wrong

Sam in Oshawa
June 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Once again the shock jock sternabees come crawlling out of the woodwork,only now its sports radio.give me a break.go back to radio school and learn how to invovle the listener with some intelligent thought.it might only be sports but we are not all idiots.toronto radio is horrible,sports particularly.all the money wasted on sub par talent bobcat is still laughing all the way to the bank…