Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:
Previewing game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

Jim Barker (Argos Head Coach & GM)
Pierre McGuire (NHL on TSN Analyst)
Dave Poulin in studio (Leafs’ VP of Hockey Operations)
Jamie McLellan (NHL on TSN Analyst)
Jim Nelford (at the US Open)

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
June 15, 2011 8:57 am

I hope Vancouver wins, only because I would like to see Stanley back in Canada, BUT, I find it really hard not to pull for Tim Thomas. He speaks from the heart and plays like some of the goalies in our beer league.

Let’s hope for a great game tonight.

Rome
Rome
June 15, 2011 10:51 am

Ths has been a difficult final, I haven’t found myself supporting either team. I started liking VanCity because of the Sedin’s, than the whole biting thing and diving was really annoying. Yeah Thomas is a fun goalie to watch and I like him also, but the rest of the team are kind of obnoxious though, even though a part of me is cheering for Kaberle.

Miracleviolence
June 15, 2011 11:31 am

Time to go to work at the ol rumour mill

That is apparently the rumour at the Stanley Cup Final, as has been reported by Ken Campbell of The Hockey News.

Speculation at the Stanley Cup final is that hockey analyst Pierre McGuire could be leaving TSN to take a permanent position as an analyst with NBC and Versus.

McGuire already does work for both networks, but it’s believed NBC and Versus would prefer to have him on an exclusive basis. One scenario that has been floated is McGuire would leave TSN as a regular game analyst, but would do some special events, such as the World Junior Championship, for the Canadian network.

Talks are continuing and will likely be resolved soon. When asked about prospects for his future and his contract status with both TSN and NBC/Versus, McGuire declined comment

June 15, 2011 11:45 am

Hey Miracleviolence………..thanks for the info………I heard someone (it might have been Wilbur) allude to this McGuire rumour on the radio yesterday but I wasn’t sure what he was talking about

I would be a bit surprised if McGuire leaves TSN for another network because they gave him his big break but I guess it wouldn’t completely shock me

Roger
Roger
June 15, 2011 1:35 pm

I hope he leaves TSN. How many times has he stated “..bla bla bla, when I coached……”. That pud coached 67 games for the Hartford Whalers in his entire coaching career. I have no idea why anyone thinks he’s a good hockey analyst. I’d never heard of him before TSN hired him and I still can’t figure out why they did in the first place.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 15, 2011 1:52 pm

The less of Mcguire on TSN the better. Very very tired of his schtick. Guy opens and closes the bench gate for Jagr and Lemieux and thinks he is Scotty Bowman. But I just can’t listen to games he broadcasts, just way to overboard.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
June 15, 2011 2:20 pm

PLEASE NBC/Versus take him.Pass GO and collect the $200.00 Canadian,and take cabbie and rod black as throw-ins .

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
June 15, 2011 2:58 pm

“Guy opens and closes the bench gate for Jagr and Lemieux and thinks he is Scotty Bowman.” -Gold dude, great line!

Martin
Martin
June 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Maguire was asked if he was leaving TSN on Team990 Radio – Montreal.Did not say no. Sounds like it was a done deal to go to NBC/Versus but PM wants to keep a prescence with TSN (World Juniors)
Appears the deal with NBC/Versus is too good to turn down