Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:
James Reimer
Tom Henke
Nick Kypreos
Jack Edwards, NESN

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

It’s Mike Richards B-day- tune in to be as surprised as who they have on as he will be. I am told he has no clue the lineup or guests. Gotta believe it will be “whacky”

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
June 17, 2011 6:32 am

Man, funny seeing Babbabooey looking so old. I still remember him as “Boy Gary”.

But he’d probably say the same for me. 🙂

June 17, 2011 1:08 pm

What’s The Fan going to air 12-1 in the summer?

Rome
Rome
June 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Let’s have the Jays be like the Cubs and have every game in the afternoon. I wouldn’t mind that.

TSNR is having golf on the radio during Patricks hours the past couple of days. Golf has to be right up there with car racing as sports that just don’t translate well on radio.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Don’t mind the golf actually, but would help if it was final round and compelling action. When a guy is leading tournament by 10 strokes in 2nd round hard to care about the guys at 2 over.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
June 17, 2011 2:21 pm

I am also a huge golf addict and do realize i have a problem. Wife tells me everytime i come home from golf as well.

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
June 17, 2011 2:33 pm

TSM wrote:He’s come along way, but don’t you think he’s the same guy- I mean there is no way he’s really grown up working for Howard has he?

—————————————-

He is. Gary’s great. Not anywhere as dopey as Stern makes him out to be.

Rome
Rome
June 17, 2011 2:57 pm

For me it’s not really an anti-golf thing, I just find golf to be such a visual sport. Seeing the layout of the course, the slice off the tee. the angles in a difficult position, the rolls on the green. Those visual aspects are so important that words can’t really translate the same for me as words can translate what goes on in a baseball, soccer or football field which would be the top sports that for me translate best on radio.

Back in the day I loved auto racing, but even then I felt radio just missed out on too much on what I like about that sport.

June 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Airing the last two rounds of the tournament on the weekend makes sense to me. But airing the first two days in the week during the middle of the day? What a strange programming decision.

I mean, seriously, how many people will be tuning in to that?

(No offense to golf fans by the way, I like playing and watching myself – it just seems very unorthodox to air the first two rounds on radio. Particularly when Patrick is doing well for them).

dsj
dsj
June 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Very much like the decision to air golf on the radio, good work TSN for trying something new in this market and with nothing to lose why not give it a try. If they commit to it they should sell specific advertising -isert a sponsors ad ” live US Open Golf brought to you by…..insert company here” could be a nice revenue stream. But hey what do I know I tune into every tennis grand slam radio broadcast through their ap.

June 17, 2011 9:58 pm

I am a huge golf fan but I have no desire to hear golf on the radio, especially the first two rounds…………..I was disappointed when I heard the golf on 1050 because I was hoping to hear Dan Patrick’s thoughts on Game 7 of the Stanley Cup since he was in Vancouver working for NBC

dsj
dsj
June 18, 2011 6:31 am

Dan Patrick has not been on the Dan Patrick show this week so all you are missing is his fill in

cam
cam
June 18, 2011 7:01 am

Hmmm golf – krystal : krystal –golf I did listen to the golf for a bit and never did get to Krystal ..damn good thing for me I had the new Gregg Allman disc in the car

Rome
Rome
June 18, 2011 4:17 pm

TSM, as for gear heads love hearing auto racing on radio. Not sure, I was a fan of the indy cars a decade or so back when they were really hot in this area, but I would never consider myself in the “gear head culture” to know enough to speak for them. But I guess it can be reasonable to think if you are into something so much that it’s your favorite that you will like any contant of it in ever venue.

Jim Rome at that timespot did a decent work on hockey for the playoffs. It was notice pretty quickly on his show that people in our nation isn’t cheering Vancouver just because their on this side of the border As he was trying to push a border feud for the finals and quickly got replies from afflicates from here saying “We don’t really like the Canucks either” lol

Funny moment on Thursday after Jim talked about what happened after the game on the streets. A Canucks fan called saying that “The team is good and can be back in the finals next season” as Jim without skipping a beat says calmly “I don’t think your city can handle that so quickly”

During the entire finals, why is it EVERY time i flipped by Krystal he was talking about “How we don’t have to/should be cheering for the Canucks” I swear, not joking it was like Friday, Monday and Wednesday, every time i pass by it he had that same call-in topic.

June 19, 2011 1:35 am

So true guys.

Krystal’s topics are basically:

What do you think of the Leafs/will the Leafs make the playoffs?

Should we do something about headshots in hockey?

Something about how he hates the Habs/another Canadian team.

Is X a sport (hunting etc)

That’s honestly about 75 percent. Like TSM, I think he could be great on curreny affairs. He’s just not right for sports.

June 19, 2011 1:41 am

I also get the sense he doesn’t know anything about baseball and basketball, so instead of chatting about the sports he just predicts that both sports are dying off (more or less at the expense of the UFC).

You have to at least be able to chat about how the teams are doing/events in last nights game etc.