Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

Matt Dunigan
Matt Hughes – UFC
Bob McKenzie
James Duthie
Scott Ian – Anthrax
Darren Dreger

*** plus other special guests + hockey guests, as per breaking stories requir

Today on Tim and Sid: Uncut:

NHL Free Agent signings discussion with Rob Pizzo of Puck Daddy Radio and an interview with Dean Blundell from Edge 102

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

4:25 – Chris Therien (Philadelphia Flyers Radio Analyst)

5:05 – Brian Duff (NHL Network)

5:25 – Steve Goldstein (Florida Panthers TV play-by-play)

5:45 – Scott Howson (Columbus Blue Jackets General Manager)

6:05 – Tony Gallagher (Vancouver Province)

6:25 – Tim Brent (Carolina Hurricanes Forward)

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 1, 2011 7:08 pm

It is July 1st and PTS spent the entire time from 5-7pm talking about hockey.

I wonder if this is what the majority of listeners really want – in July – or if the people running the show (and the other ones) have absolutely no imagination with respect to programming.

This morning I watched the men’s semi-finals from Wimbledon, both of were amazing matches. Not a word about them on the drive-home shows. And nothing about the Jays either – egad.

I really think the tail is wagging the dog here. Or perhaps they are celebrating Canada Day by proving how provincial we are.

Rob
Rob
July 1, 2011 10:47 pm

Hey Steve, maybe they talked about hockey the whole time because July 1st is the start of the NHL free agent period and during the previous several hours almost 50 players moved. It’s a big hockey day, almost as big as trade deadline day.

headsup
headsup
July 2, 2011 8:50 am

I agree with you somewhat Steve. Variety is the spice of life and such (there is more than one sport… or even four sports). However, it being NHL Free Agency Day it would be foolish for Toronto’s biggest sports radio station to ignore the biggest sports event of the day for Canadians (my condolences to CFL fans). It would be silly to talk about Aaron Hill’s slump or the Raptors’ inability to draft, or Corey Boid’s potential to be a CFL MVP on a day like today. Talk about it any day next week when there won’t be much hockey to talk about.

dave
dave
July 2, 2011 10:25 am

On a random note, who is this clown Anthony Tatera filling in for sammut this week? wow.

Rome
Rome
July 2, 2011 12:49 pm

I feel your pain Steve, in a way I agree with you. But I lean more into what Headsup is saying. It is free agent day and found it less annoying than the morning shows speculating on what will happen, at least there talk of stuff that actually happeend. Even though the stuff mostly consist of checking line wingers/ healthy scractchers.

Speaking of feeling pain, I didn’t listen to most of the show. Listened to McCown first hour taking calls and the first round table group segment. But I can feel for poor Grange sitting there while the hockey heads over-analyze players being signed who’s going to play maximum a handful of minutes a game lol

Dave, you are mean. But I have to say… Wow indeed. I have heard him a few times on Saturday evenings, and I want to like him because he tries different content. But yeah the delivery is certainly ear catching, it’s not the accent. I can handle accents. I like accents. But just the presentation makes you think “How is he hosting”.

I know I have asked this before, but how on earth is Seixeiro there doing sports updates during the day/afternoon and is not even viewed as a backup host option during off hours anymore. Previously he did do hosting during the evening & weekends. I remember his Saturday Seixerio show, it was very solid and good stuff. I thought he was easily the best out of the second tier guys (Cooper, Rog, Sammut etc) & still think he has the talent to maybe do that weekday afternoon spot (better than throwing ESmith in there again) Now even hearing this Anothony guy more than Seixero, I am just like “How is this?” lol

July 2, 2011 2:35 pm

I personally agree with Steve.

I’ll cut PTS some slack though, because I think it might be the most balanced sports show in the city. Which, frankly, is a big reason why I listen so much.

The difference between PTS and say, the Watters show is that next week Bob will talk some MLB, some CFL, some NBA/NFL business stuff and SOME hockey. Whereas Watters will probably talk 3 hours of hockey, even if nothing is going on.

As hockey crazy as Toronto is, I believe that’s part of why Watters never truly challenged McCown. It reaches a point of coverage where you have to be a seriously hardcore fan to keep listening (ie an interview with a 3rd liner on the Panthers in late July). There are enough hardcore fans here to pull that off to some extent, but to reach a wide audience you have to cast the net wider and get casual sports fans as well.

July 3, 2011 12:08 am

I believe sometime last week was the 3rd anniversary of the start of this website…………….Happy Belated Birthday TSM !!!!

dsscpu
dsscpu
July 4, 2011 1:41 am

How did Maclean get on PTS anyways? I thought Bobcat banned him for life?