Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups and Bikini Of the Day for Mike (in Boston) for old times sake.

On Fan 590 Tonight

TBA

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s co-host is: Sean McCormick

Redlight King

Kraig Kann – Golf Channel

Lester Munson – ESPN

Peter Montopoli – General Secretary, Canadian Soccer Association

*others to be added

On 640 with Jim Ralph and Bill Watters thanks to Mike S.:

5:05 – Richard Griffin (Toronto Star Blue Jays Insider)

5:25 – Larry Brooks (New York Post Columnist)

5:45 – Matthew Lombardi (Toronto Maple Leafs Forward)

6:05 – Ken Wiebe (Winnipeg Sun Columnist)

6:25 – Michael Russo (Minneapolis Star Tribune Columnist)

Tim and Sid Uncut:

We discuss the Casey Anthony verdict, the Heatley for Havlat trade, the Kaberle signing and much more..

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
July 5, 2011 6:20 pm

Okay, so I had voted no to bikini of day. I am reconsidering my vote, nice change of pace TSM!

Okay so just watched Damien and Bobcat with Negraneau. So you know all day you have a Poker player on as a guest and Damien doesn’t bother to do any research. Interrupts Bob to ask a stupid question about what a bracelet is. Damien can be such a pompous douche sometimes. THe world doesn’t rotate around your interest Damien, the show felt it was important to have Daniel on, perhaps you could give a crap instead of after the interview acting like it was a waste of time.

Tom
Tom
July 5, 2011 6:34 pm

Bob mentioned today that regardless of internet reports, he has NOT signed a new contract yet.

Sam in Oshawa
July 5, 2011 7:24 pm

excellent first segment with bob and cox,just riffing away on each other.not enough of that on t.o.radiohoward and robin have been doing that for almost 30 years with each other.as always i will say that radio here sucks and some guy named marek is not going to raise the bar one ….hair.

Andrew
Andrew
July 5, 2011 8:21 pm

Howard stopped being funny the day Artie left. He’s now down to 3 days a week of completely forgettable radio. Jay Thomas or Ferrell repeats are immeasurably more amusing.

Don’t remember how I voted on the bikini, but today I’m in favour.

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
July 5, 2011 9:13 pm

Listening to Howard right now. Still funny. Artie was an annoying loudmouth.

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
July 5, 2011 9:14 pm

Speaking of annoying, can we get rid of the Garnier Fructis Style guy up above? I wanna throw my laptop out the window!

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 5, 2011 9:35 pm

I rather liked Cox tonight, but, to be honest, I myself can’t stand poker and therefore enjoy it when someone is fully representing my indifference. (I was more interested in the hot-dog eating contest, as disgusting as it is, than in a card game. Of course, if they had a world-class Yahtzee champion, then I might pay attention. Just kidding on that last point.)

Raptors Devotee
July 5, 2011 9:45 pm

I totally agree with Gerry on Cox and his moronic questions of Negreanu and his complete indifference and disgust that was evident that poker was being covered. I have to give kudos to McCown though, as he tolerated Cox’s interruptions and got things back on track with Daniel.

Since the interview took place at the top of the hour, maybe Cox should have had a coffee and drifted back in for the next segment and not totally ruin the interview, which I always enjoy when the Bobcat, who knows poker, and recognized that the WSOP is a significant event, and Daniel, one of the best, if not the best spokesperson and poker personality, hook up, plus Daniel proudly shows off his Canadian roots with hockey jerseys and Canadian flags on his attire.

I still can’t listen to PTS when Cox is on unless the segment is compelling to me. I really miss not having Arthur there in that role.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 6, 2011 12:49 am

I accept that a lot of people like poker, but I personally think it is a joke and has less to do with sports than horse racing. I know I am being provocative, but I’d much rather hear McCown interview a horse, or a race-car, than a poker player.

However, I am curious about its connection to money-laundering.

July 6, 2011 7:55 am

thanks LT! this should tide me over until TSM goes out of town again.This is the only place i know of on the internet to find pictures of half naked women.

the FAN thinks they can make newspaper people in to general sports talk people. it’s … not … working …

when Grange was on PTS as a co-host he barely managed a coherent sentence with baseball guests Law and Zaun. it’s really painful to listen to. i would have thought that it would be important to Rogers to protect the brand of their flagship radio program.

Lee (Oakville)
July 6, 2011 9:35 am

I agree with most of the comments, noting the following:

– How is poker a “sport” by any stretch of the definition? Unfortunately for the listener, Mccown appears to be most comfortable talking about gambling than about a true sport.
– The movement towards print journalists on the radio has gone too far. It is evident, and surprising, that most of them are lacking a broad-based knowledge of sports and this shows clearly in their on-air performance.
– The never-ending small-talk between McCown and his co-hosts is becoming intolerable…I really don’t want to hear about Cox’s tennis game that afternoon. Boring and inane. Some listeners enjoy being part of the “inside”, but I think it is just lazy radio.

Roger
Roger
July 6, 2011 9:53 am

I can’t stand the nattering between Cox and McCown. Mccown is best when he’s talking sports and giving his opinions – not when he’s chatting with his boyfriend or kissing his bosses butt. His inside jokes with Cox and the others is as annoying as hearing a loud conversation on a bus or train from strangers you can’t stand.

That’s when I turn the dial and try TSN radio. Sure, they have their small talk as well but it never covers an entire segment.

dennes7
dennes7
July 6, 2011 10:43 am

It’s funny how they said Clarke MacArthur should go on another station (the minor leagues they said) to do an interview before he comes on the FAN and PTS and lo and behold Clarke MacArthur shows up on the FAN morning show today.

Also, totally not cool putting Bautista in the “Black Book” for not coming on after a 4 hour game.

Dileno
Dileno
July 6, 2011 10:57 am

I also have ZERO interest in card playing as a sport (especially all the TV time it is given) although it is a legitimite business story. Cox is getting criticized for not taking Poker seriously as a sport, while Bob does that all the time with Soccer. McCown is actually really annoying with his dismissal of the game any time they start discussing it. Here is a suggestion: Damian will take Poker seriously when Bobcat takes seriously a sport that is followed by Billions worldwide. Deal?

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
July 6, 2011 11:50 am

Lee said….- The never-ending small-talk between McCown and his co-hosts is becoming intolerable…I really don’t want to hear about Cox’s tennis game that afternoon. Boring and inane. Some listeners enjoy being part of the “inside”, but I think it is just lazy radio.

———————————————

Agree, and it seems to be getting worse.

Craig
Craig
July 6, 2011 12:25 pm

I can’t believe that people don’t find the PTS small talk entertaining! I mean, I was on the edge of my seat when asparagus became a 15 minute discussion piece earlier in the week – who knew about that great tasting canned asparagus? Kudos Bobcat! And the hotdog eating competition receiving attention/discussion not just Monday, but Tuesday as well. Good times, good times.

Sidenote: I have the utmost respect for Grange`s writing and have prevously enjoyed his random appearances on the PTS Friday roundtable. Now, with that said, since becoming a full time Rogers employee and leaving his gig with G&M, I find myself cringing whenever he plays the role of lone sidekick on PTS. Did you ever get the feeling you’re watching a non baseball althlete throw out the first pitch at the ballgame? You recognize the talent level the guy has in his chosen profession but you cring watching him do something that’s completely foreign to his training? That’s my take on Grange and radio at this point.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 6, 2011 1:59 pm

Does anyone think this is just a part-time stop for Grange and that his real task will be in the new magazine?

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 6, 2011 2:16 pm

@Steve Of course Grange will be front and center of the new magazine..Which reminds me I need a to get a new pet..will it be a bird or a new puppy??

Roger
Roger
July 6, 2011 2:40 pm

Grange – another quality hire by those tools, Pelley and Moore.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
July 6, 2011 4:07 pm

@Dileno, I don’t disagree with your views on Bobcat as it relates to soccer. Bob has played that schtick for years and it appears his bosses don’t mind him offending the entire soccer listening audience on a weekly basis. I suspect if TFC ever start winning, numbers will increase even more and we will see him be forced to take an interest.
The difference to me on the Poker situation with Damien was that, because he doesn’t care about it or do any research he wasted valuable time in the interview to get up to speed on the most basic of poker terms etc….

It was just rude of him to be so uninformed. I can only imagine another co host being there when Wayne Gretzky comes on the radio and says, what is this Stanley Cup and Hart Trophy that you won. Can you explain to me what that is.

I am just sick of his arrogance, all things all the time have to be about him.

The only time he is well behaved is when Brunt and Arthure are there and he is witnessing real journalists on radio and tries to keep up.

dsscpu
dsscpu
July 6, 2011 5:21 pm

Bikini OTD! OMG this NEEDS to come back. Why it ever left, I don’t know…