Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

Sportsnet’s Tony Ambrogio guest hosting with Jim Lang

David Alter, Sportsnet Radio FAN 590 Reporter on Monday’s U2 Concert
Jamie Campbell of Sportsnet from the 2011 All Star Game
Shi Davidi of Sportsnet from the 2011 All Star Game
Gregg Zaun of Sportsnet from the 2011 All Star Game
Tim Connolly of the Toronto Maple Leafs

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

Mike is on vacation and Scott MacArthur and Jamie McLellan are filling in.

Chris Schultz
Mike O’Shea
Dan Shulman
Scott Ferguson

Sam in Oshawa
July 12, 2011 8:21 am

OMG,just looked at the fans line-up.the rog.stellicktricity,eric s,blair.Are they trying to drive the listeners away or am i the only person that does not care for this train wreck of a line -up.

Sea Bass
Sea Bass
July 12, 2011 9:31 am

In the words of Sir Charles, that lineup is “turrible”.

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
July 12, 2011 11:59 am

Sam, you are not alone.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Clearly,they do not care about the competition.That is ,and will come up and bite them big time.Speaking of competition TSN radio has what usta be football Fridays on fan now football Sunday 11am-1pm with Hogan/Shultz and great guests..Going to blow that cockamami betting show the fan has on (the one where the hosts cough,sneeze and talk all over each other) right out of the water!!!

kyle
kyle
July 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Sam, do you want Krystal back?

kyle
kyle
July 12, 2011 12:43 pm

I will concur that it’s a weak lineup, but people are on vacation (listeners and talkers), and there is NOTHING going on – just baseball A-S, little NHL FA, no NBA, no NFL.

Mike in Burlington
July 12, 2011 2:15 pm

When I lived in Sydney AU, the big stations got together and planned it so everyone’s stars were on vacation at about the same time, that way the fill ins wouldn’t get crushed too bad. It always seemed dumb to me, but it looks like we’re doing it here now too.

How can Richards be on holidays? They only started the station in April ?!?!?!?

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
July 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Agree that Fan590 is sporting their B team. I’d be somewhat careful if I were them as you’re providing listeners an opportunity to sample the competition. Given that media is somewhat habit-driven, this may not be the best strategy to have all their bigger names absent at the same time.

I also fully agree with the Mike Hogan comment – while I was never a huge fan of his at Fan590, I really enjoy his show on TSN. Could it because his replacements have been so weak? Maybe because it’s good to hear someone knowledgeable in all sports that doesn’t spend half the time talking non-sports nonsense? Because I’m glad I’m not listening to another sportswriter?

All of the above.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 12, 2011 3:09 pm

@Lee concur Hogan is very knowledgeable all around.What I like is the top notch guests he gets…and him&Shultz are a great team..CFL now and NFL though next February is nice. Face it the fan590 Now treats football now like it is not even played on this planet and come August hockey,hockey,hockey…

PBI
PBI
July 12, 2011 3:23 pm

There is nothing going on as Kyle pointed out so I don’t care if the Fan uses their B team all the way until September when there’s actually something to talk about.

I’d like to have as much Bobcat as possible from September until June, he can take entire summers off for all I care.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 12, 2011 3:46 pm

@PBI
Soo Toronto the 5th largest media outlet in NORTH AMERICA
has a all sports station that thinks it’s ok to take a couple of months off??
Humm How low have our standards got??

Mike on the go train
July 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Ken Dryden once said that we should not confuse a hobby with a habit during the NHL strike. The same thing with the FAN with me. Love Bobcat, indifferent to the rest, but Dan Patrick, Cybulski and Jason Smith look good about now.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Well said..

Sam in Oshawa
July 12, 2011 6:15 pm

I think as sports fans in this city we can demand the product they deliver to be first rate all year.As i type PTS is covering hockey with ritchie ritch,i guess the rest of the sporting world has taken aday-off wow,pass the advil.