Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Michael Grange and Jim Lang:

Steve Montador
Jim Popp
Scott Ferguson

lt67
lt67
July 15, 2011 11:32 am

Nice pic of the TSM’s from the road trip…good on Mrs. TSM for taking some of the driving load off your shoulders.

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
July 15, 2011 1:06 pm

OMG Mrs.TSM is HOTT..
Where has she been hiding all this time??
And a seat-belt that fits ……………

PBI
PBI
July 16, 2011 3:09 am

Paul Jones was a hoot on the roundtable, a guy who has been preaching patience non-stop every Raptors post-game show for the last 2 years was saying that “building for the future” might be overrated in the case of the Blue Jays.

Just another example of how under served we are in this market when it comes to media members who can discuss basketball intelligently without driven by some agenda.

Raptors Devotee
Raptors Devotee
July 16, 2011 1:38 pm

PBI, I caught that segment, and saw it the same way as you did. Paul Jones also gave Colangelo a “B” rating for his performance when asked last season while the Raptors were in free fall. When I pressed him on twitter about it, he replied back on it to me that it was a rating for Colangelo’s entire body of work here, not just the current season. I can tell you this, having listend to the question, that was not the intention when it was asked of him.

The point you made is excellent though. Paul Jones has never said anything even remotely controversial or negative about the Raptors in all his years here and that has to be to protect his position. The same goes for his partner, E, and I have accepted that. I still would rather listen to them on the radio doing play by play than have to listen to Leo anytime he is on.

I did catch Roger Lajoie though when he was discussing with Jack Armstrong about what Colangelo is up to by possibly hiring a GM and retaining his presidency with final say on all matters. Roger gained a ton of street cred with me, as he did not pull any punches and correctly, IMO, called it as just another way of Colangelo hiring someone to deflect blame once again. Jack did not disagree with his assessment, but did not outwardly agree with it either, which speaks volumes on what Jack thought.

This is why I rely on the top two Raptor blogs for real breakdowns and no BS. The MSM just won’t be honest about things and I just accept it, as it has always been this way, and I don’t see it changing.

Sam in Oshawa
July 17, 2011 3:57 pm

The bluejays telecast is very well done.Buck,Pat and the rest of the broadcast crew should be proud of the first rate job they do.I have slagged sportsnet enough in the past but in this case great job,apply this model to other shows,it starts with the talent.Once again good on ya to the baseball broadcast team…

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
July 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Agree Sam, did find something odd about Thursday’s Yanks Jays game. It was 80’s night at the ballpark, fans, broadcasters, heck even the graphics were 80’s style.

2 things stood out, first they didn’t keep the score on the screen, I guess that was 80’s style, but why not keep the score in the corner even with 80’s graphics.

But the other thing missing was the Jays in 80’s uniforms. When the club runs the night, the broadcastor they own promotes and participates in it, why not have the team in 80’s uniforms?

Chris F.
Chris F.
July 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Garry that’s mainly because the Jays don’t have a throwback alternate this year and their throwback alternate the last couple years were scrapped. There’s been a lot of talk of the team going back to the ’93 uniform set or at the very least a modernized take on it so this shouldn’t be too big an issue if they run an ’80s night next year 🙂

I agree that Sportsnet has done a bang up job with the broadcast of Jays games this year. Jamie Campbell has finally found a role that suits him and he and Gregg Zaun have great chemistry on set.

As for another Rogers employee, one Mr. Roger LaJoie…The last couple days whenever he’s mentioned Anthony Calvillo he’s pronounced the name as Cal-vil-lo. You’d think that after all these years the Rog would get this right. It’s a tad embarrassing IMO.

I do want to end this on a positive note so here it is: I loved listening to Jim Fanning on the radio side this weekend. He’s a font of baseball information and it would be nice if he could drop by and maybe work a series or two a year if he wants to.

lagerandale
lagerandale
July 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Could not agree more. Bluejay coverage is second to none in this city, radio and TV. Jerrys a bit of a homer and softy but its like listening to my Grandfather. Loved the fill in for Ashby this weekend. As for the Jays uniforms, its obvious to me there trying to bring in a new generation and not keep harping on the “good ole days”. Last couple of years have been a bit to much with all the reunions. In saying that, a re-design is needed. Going back to the blue and emphasizing the maple leaf would be my choice.

Sam in Oshawa
July 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Friday morning on the fan got to hear Jerry Howarths take on the steroid issue recently Bonds,Clements.Wow was that impressive,very candid thoughtful opinion.No soft position there,he nailed it.Have a listen….