Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

6:20 Royce Clayton, Former MLB Player Turned Actor In the Brad Pitt Film
Moneyball
6:41 Chris Osgood, Former Detroit Red Wings Goaltender

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s co-host is Sean McCormick

Michael Downey – President, Tennis Canada
Don Meehan – Player Agent (Steven Stamkos)
Ryan Johnson – Toronto FC

Tim and Sid are running best of through July 25th

Dok
Dok
July 19, 2011 6:46 pm

I can’t wait for Bobcat to get back, Blair makes me want to change the channel (or move to the next podcast) real quick

Sam in Oshawa
July 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Blair and Cox,i like what i have heard from them.Chemistry is there,hearing them tell stories while on the beat have been fun to listen to.

dsj
dsj
July 19, 2011 8:01 pm

When Blair opened the 6:00 hour forecasting a lot of hockey ahead I was stunned and hit the power button on my radio. Quite simply hockey in a July heat wave is just lazy radio.- you can do better Fan, Blair and Cox but it takes effort.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Which radio-station has the hair-gel guy at the top of the screen? I want to be sure to avoid that one. 🙂

Tom
Tom
July 19, 2011 8:36 pm

i think Blair and Cox have actually had a pretty good chemistry and their shows have been far superior to TSN and definitely Bill Watters (hehe) this week.. I also agree hockey in the summer is a little bit tedious, but there was plently of interesting stuff going on today in the hockey world, so it deserved coverage. Good show in my opinion

July 19, 2011 9:25 pm

is there a reason Wilner is on so often when Bob is away, and so infrequently when Bob is hosting?

July 19, 2011 10:28 pm

I get the feeling that maybe Bob isn’t a huge fan of Wilner (regarding his baseball opinions anyway) and Blair is.

Tom
Tom
July 19, 2011 10:33 pm

The Summer of Rog is becoming The Summer of Blair! Make it stop!!!!!

The Fonz
The Fonz
July 20, 2011 12:36 am

My “Bring Back Peter Loubardias” campaign isn’t going very well. SKIIYORESS.

Sam in Oshawa
July 20, 2011 5:40 am

Bobcat could not stomach the last bluejay GM.Wilner stood his ground and basically sided with Riccardi.Bad move in the Bobcat world,Wilner was banned…

Roger
Roger
July 20, 2011 8:32 am

Sam,

And yet, Bob absolutely loves the current GM, Anthopoulos.

Not sure why considering they’re not doing as well as they were when JP was running the show.

Mike in Burlington
July 20, 2011 10:56 am

Wilner was already in the doghouse for defending JP and Cito repeatedly, guys that Bob thought had long since failed the organizatiuon.

Wilner is dead to me for his bullshit comment that sports fans judge the Jays too hard becasue we always compare their failures to the Leafs and how “they are building and doing it the right way”…such utter and complete bullshit…18 years out of the playoffs is 18 years out of the playoffs, either in hockey, baseball, soccor or football.

July 20, 2011 11:06 am

Mike in Boston is right…………..I don’t remember Wilner ever appearing on PTS when McCown is there……….and in the last several years he almost never had Berger on his show either, which is a bit strange since Berger used to be the producer of that show…………I get the feeling McCown doesn’t have much time for the guys on 590 who cover the home teams, although he does have Smith & Jones on his show from time to time to talk basketball

Roger
Roger
July 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Bob does whatever the hell he wants to at 590.

He’s an institution – I’m not a fan anymore of him but the Rogers bosses know they’ve got to give him complete control of the show. How else do you explain when he goes on for 10 minutes about having to buy another piece of jewelry for his wife – no other host would or could do that? That’s when I jump over to TSN radio.

When it comes to local sports guys, he only has HIS friends on and obviously Berger and Wilmer are friends of Bob (FOB).

Sam in Oshawa
July 20, 2011 8:27 pm

For news rumours and everything else in the sports world i go straight to TSM.All other outlets are way behind or to scared of the fall-out if they take on the GMs in this city.If you are not an FOB you are SOL.

Sam in Oshawa
July 21, 2011 6:13 am

I have pumped the tires of TSN maybe just a tad,ok a lot lately but TSM is the first read of the day.Keep up the good work!