Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady back in, Jim Lang on vacation

Shi Davidi of Rogers Sportsnet (MLB)
Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Eagles Beat Writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer
Scott Moore, President of Broadcasting for Rogers Media
*Other Pending Requests

On TSN radio with Mike Richards
TBA

Lee (Oakville)
July 25, 2011 8:37 am

Maybe a little bit off-topic, but did anyone catch Damien Cox as “analyst” of the Blue Jays telecast on Saturday? What was Rogers thinking in putting someone that has no/limited baseball knowledge, insight or history on the broadcast…to me it smacks of lack of respect to the viewers and a lack of bench strength at Sportsnet. Twitter was aflame at the poor quality of the analysis, and I concur 100%. Not since Tie Domi at TSN has someone done so laughably poorly on a national stage as did Damien Cox.

July 25, 2011 10:02 am

maybe Damian is just doing some research on Jose Bautista for the next time he’s “gotta ask the question” about steroid use.

Steve (in Hamilton)
Steve (in Hamilton)
July 25, 2011 10:04 am

Twitter was aflame….too funny.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
July 25, 2011 10:17 am

Never ask anybody to do what they’re not capable of doing. Kind of like asking Bautista to lay down a sacrifice bunt. Dreadful decision.

William
William
July 25, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah, he was bad. In fairness, it was so they could send Campbell and Zaun to Cooperstown, where their coverage was outstanding. They could have simply simulcasted the ceremony from MLB Network and called it a day, but instead Sportsnet was there in force to cover the Canadian angle. Kudos on that front.

Bob
Bob
July 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Am I the only one who believes that Cito Gaston was conspicuous by his absence at the HOF ceremonies? He is one person that I would absolutely expect to be there!

PBI
PBI
July 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Bobcat is back, so there’s that.

Darrell
Darrell
July 25, 2011 1:56 pm

I agree on Cox – but there wasn’t anyone else that they could’ve had in his place. Rob Faulds is an absolute bore with the Blue Jays. If I were Sportsnet – I would’ve just ran the course with just Rob Faulds on it’s own for Saturday and yesterday – if need be.

Sportsnet & the FAN 590 have made major blunders in their moves over the past year or so. The major blunder was firing everyone only to rehire them back a few months later (Gord Stellick, Eric Smith, Norm Rumack) come to mind. I was never a fan of Norm Rumack – but total clueless decisions made at Sportsnet & the FAN.

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
July 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah I was wondering about Cito’s absence at Cooperstown as well, but one of my buddies heard Cito had back surgery and was not able to travel.