Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s Co-host: Dave Feschuk

Jose Bautista
Mayor Rob Ford
Wayne Parrish – CEO of Canada Basketball
– others TBD

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 16
  • comment-avatar

“You do remember when the Maple Leafs made the playoffs, right Bob?”

– John Shannon discussing the Blue Jays trade of Colby Rasmus

I wonder what Gord Stellick thinks.

mike (in boston) 10 years ago

am I to understand that Rob Ford is appearing on a sports radio station on the same day when a marathon session is being held on his proposed service cuts?

also, is it normal for radio stations to have their own hosts on as guests? i understand that Blair also works for the Globe, but isn’t this why the FAN hired Shi Davidi as a baseball expert?

so many questions …

Mike,
    you don’t actually think that Ford is listening to those people, do you? Lots of time for phone calls.

Steve (in Hamilton) 10 years ago

I wonder if Ford phoned the station while driving. One hopes he didn’t give too many kids the finger while he was talking.

The Fonz 10 years ago

Mr. Magoo talking about BC wines sent me running for the dial.

Gerry (Burlington) 10 years ago

For some reason I listened/watched through the entire 5-6 hour. Magoo is beyond reproach, his shilling of all things Penticton/Kelowna was ridiculous. Penticton is 45 mins. away from Kelowna and he is saying they need a Jr. hockey team, Bob asks for population, Magoo basically doubles the actual poplulations in order to justify his ridiculous statements. Bob then gets the correct numbers from the producers and doesn’t slag him at all for being completely way off. Then the wines started… then it was FOB time with Tom “I run the worst soccer team in North America, with the most money and fans but still can’t get it right” Anselmi. Finally figured out how to switch the channel.

Steve (in Hamilton) 10 years ago

Sorry to be pedantic, but doesn’t “beyond reproach” mean that he is excellent? I think you mean the opposite, right?

Gerry (Burlington) 10 years ago

Yah you are right Steve, my mistake. I finished typing it and hit send. Reread it and realized oh boy this isn’t good. I do wish we could have an edit feature for our posts.

Really is too bad Brunt takes these huge holidays in summers.

• comment-avatar

I didn’t hear most of the show except for a small window on the way to work, but according to Bob and Hestead, MLB and the teams no longer show replays of close or controversial plays on the big screens…Really??

Didn’t these stadia spend tens of $millions$ installing these big screens?? Now playing what??, cell phone ads??, home cable ads?? beer commercials?? VOD promos??

I have no real reason now to go to Skydome, (a losing team, the high cost, no real stars, crappy food, watery beer) but now to stop showing replays just in case we get a close one that riles up the crowrd, (all 13,000 of them most nights) strikes me as assinine at best.

Anything that the Jays can do to get my ass into a seat they should be doing, and this policy is another nail in the attendance coffin.

PS..Kelowna has the Rockets, they won the Memorial Cup a few years back and draw well, but for Magoo to think that another team 35 min away in a city of 40K can be successful too is idiocy.

Raptors Devotee 10 years ago

With TSN Radio here now I was fairly confident that Mr. Magoo and the other FOB would be finally put out to pasteur, but no, during the slow summer period, it seems out of necessity they are being brought back in.

All irrelevant to me, as I have not listened to PTS in ages, as there is really no point, McCown or other guest hosts.

mike (in boston) 10 years ago

i agree with RD that summer programming is expected to be sub-par. but i’m not convinced that the FOB will be jettisoned in the fall. why would they be? PTS is what it is at this point … calls were transitioned out, which left more time for Bob and his stories, and chats with his friends. it’s not going to all of a sudden go back to being a more professional show.

the most intriguing thing for me will be what TSN decides to do with its line-up in the fall. Hayes has been fantastic as an interviewer and I could see them moving his show to 3-6 or 2-6, leaving room for an hour of Leafs talk against PTS’ national hour, and transitioning Cybulski’s variety show to a mid morning or afternoon slot.

• comment-avatar

Sorry Raptors Devotee, but PTS and Bob aren’t going anywhere in the near future. He is the best rated Rogers radio property on the national dial and has an iron-clad contract with a year or 2 left, maybe more. Rogers also knows there are a lot of guys like me that have listened to Bob for a decade or more and HE is all the Rogers radio we listen to anymore.

I’ve always been happier listening to Hayes than Blair and have always liked Dan Patrick, so what live radio I listen too has mostly become TSN. I am warming to Cybulski, but all the MMA bullshit drives me nuts, and it does seem a bit too “college” for me at times.

Sadly, more days than not now, I find Bob becoming the cranky old guy down the street who bitches at the kids riding their bikes on his lawn, remembering how good his lawn was in 2004.

Raptors Devotee 10 years ago

Chef Mike, you must be new to this site, because I have been posting for years, and am a HUGE McCown supporter and listener.

I can see how you msiread my comments because I wrote down I haven’t listened to PTS in ages, which in reality, is before the Summer doldrums hit. It just seems like ages to me.

McCown does need a strong co-host to push him, and I await Brunt’s return to get back to that. I have little patience for Cox, never liked him and my feelings have not changed. Arrogant in an annoying way.

Having Arthur leave for TSN Radio was a huge blow to me, and I pick my spots with Brunt in the co-host chair at this point. I am used to Bob’s schtick, so no concerns there, although he does tend to wander too much away from sports too often.

This summer I have pretty much had baseball as my sport of interest, and done a lot of Blair listening. Wilner comes across as too much of a know it all, and I avoid him, but Blair is as knowledgeable and well spoken as there is when it comes to baseball.

• comment-avatar

I hit fast forward on my ipod right when Magoo said, “Bob, did I tell you where we went on our break…”
    The first segment of the 5:00 hour is beyond redemption.

Plebian Slob 9 years ago

@ Chief Mike no real superstars!? Have you heard of Jose Bautista?

• comment-avatar

I agree that Bautista is having a great run, (and i am glad he got millions out of the cheap bastards!!) but 1 guy out of a 25 man roster who bats for 2 minutes, 5 times a night is simply not enough firepower to draw in an audience beyond the diehards.