Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is John Shannon
4 David Purdy, VP of Video Products, ROGERS in studio — Rogers giving
fans more options to watch the Jays on different platforms
420 Mike Lopresti USA today – says college athletes should be paid

Ian Pulver – NHL Player Agent
Jonas Siegel – Toronto Maple Leafs Beat Reporter, TSN 1050
Jack Armstrong – TSN Basketball Analyst
Mike Keenan – Former NHL General Manager

– more to be added

*********Tonight on Sportsline*************

Jason Portuondo fills in for the vacationing Mark Hebscher & joins Bubba O’Neil as they discuss the best pitcher in baseball, the impact of Plaxico Burress, Shea Weber and the long term future of the Islanders. 7 PM on CHCH

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
August 2, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorry to keep on beating on a dead horse..
mr.magoo as a cohost on pts…
How dumb does rogers (aka Robbers)
think the public are???
People in your cars..flip and flip NOW..
At least I am at home and watch Golden Girls reruns!!!

William
William
August 2, 2011 6:06 pm

Flip to what, Sam? McCormick guest hosting with Cybulski on TSN? With Gareth Wheeler chiming in whenever he wants? That’s as bad as it gets right there.

August 2, 2011 6:23 pm

Meanwhile, down the dial on WGR 550 they have spent much of their 4 hour show asking people to call in and say whether they think the Bills are more likely to finish 9-7 this season or 2-14………….in other words, we are definitely right in the middle of the dog days of summer for sports radio

lister
lister
August 2, 2011 6:43 pm

Cryptic McCown tweet:
—–
FadooBobcat Bob McCown
ROGERS Sportsnet…RIP…September. Well….partly.
—–
Rebrand? Bobcat adios? Something else?

Mike on the go train
August 2, 2011 7:01 pm

So I saw a story in the Star that says Jays pitching ” hitting their stride”…

Really?!?!? They are 11 games out of it!! Hardly August 1st and they are past playing meaningful games already, but boy they are sure hitting their stride…

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
August 2, 2011 7:02 pm

@Lister huh!! Inglish please..??

Tom
Tom
August 2, 2011 7:55 pm

@William – Amen brother – horrible radio with that show

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
August 2, 2011 8:53 pm

Sam I hear you, but as William points out, flip to what. Even when I start to like what Cybulski is talking about, it takes only one sentence from Wheeler and the nails on chalkboard begin for me.

Lister, that is definitely cryptic and interesting. You know how he keeps joking about how he wants Johnny Carson’s workweek, 3 days a week (Leno would fill in the rest) perhaps he is getting his way!

Chris F.
Chris F.
August 2, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah that McCown tweet is really cryptic. I doubt it means he’s leaving as Sportsnet has been giving into his wishes a lot over the last few months. If it means he’s getting a Carson workweek well….PTS could be in a vulnerable spot as the king of the hill on the radio.

Hopefully it’s only a rebranding but I doubt he’d party over that.

K-Ro
K-Ro
August 2, 2011 10:22 pm

I would go against the grain of most of the readers here and say that I enjoy Shannon. He’s no Brunt, but I don’t think he’s that bad. What starts annoying me is Damien’s interruptions (which he seems to have toned down).

August 2, 2011 10:27 pm

I imagine it means that Rogers Sportsnet is being rebranded in some way.

Rome
Rome
August 2, 2011 10:39 pm

I have stopped listening to McCown cryptic comments for a while now. It’s funny when a sports strike happens comments of “why do we care about billionaire owners and millionaire players” Well feel the same here, a Millionaire talk show host making comments about billionaire owners.

What a crappy radio day today on BOTH shows. Isn’t there something very wrong that the first week of August, last hour of PTS has 66& hockey while the list of guests on C&C 75% is hockey guest. For F sake! That’s what I call “an alternative”

McCormick must have some good friends in the business. How this guys continues to get gigs with such lack of talent is beyond me.

So what great multi media “features” is RSN doing? Are they every going to have live streaming of any games. How come CBC does that so well yet TSN & RSN don’t.

Tom
Tom
August 3, 2011 12:06 am

i think its cool that there is a site devoted to sports media in this city (mostly radio) but more and more i find that all comments are now basically whining that every topic sucks, and every host sucks. Some people whine too much hockey in the summer, not enought hockey, some say there is too many jays segments, too much cfl, etc. I think all of this shows that everyone has different likes and dislikes and that nobody will ever be happy with whatever is on the radio in this city

Chef Mike in Burlington
August 3, 2011 10:23 am

Tom, you’re right, and if fact, complaining could be our national sport, not lacrosse.

All I know is that radio has a connection with listeners that TV lacks, mostly because radio listening is more passive, something you do in the car, train, backyard, as opposed to TV which requires actual attention, and that creates a deeper bond, hence why guys listen to a good host for decades in some cases.

No station will be all things to all people, except maybe the YES network. I don’t care much for hockey at all anymore, and not at all when its 35C outside, but in this town you have to feed the beast and the Leafs are #1. Luckily, I was home and just flicked on ESPN in LA for something new.